Kraton Used Arrma 6s BLX Kraton or new Arrma 4s V2 Kraton?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iLikeRCs

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 6s
So I'm thinking about getting a Kraton. Now I could buy a used 6s V4 Kraton in great condition (barely any marks) for 350$ or the 4s V2 new for $425.

Which one of these would be more durable and better in general? Main point of concern is the drivetrain, but also wondering about the steering (servosaver), as a friend has had issues with that with his V4 Kraton.

Any advice would be appreciated.

I would pick 6s over 4s any day. That being said, $350 for a used V4 is way too much. You just missed some great holiday deals on current gen RTRs, for example a fireteam for $399 (basically an XLWB Kraton) - I’d hold out and see if any good deals pop up or see if you can get at least another $100 off the Kraton depending on what condition it’s in.

I would pick 6s over 4s any day. That being said, $350 for a used V4 is way too much. You just missed some great holiday deals on current gen RTRs, for example a fireteam for $399 (basically an XLWB Kraton) - I’d hold out and see if any good deals pop up or see if you can get at least another $100 off the Kraton depending on what condition it’s in.
How about this used V1 with a new max8 combo, new V4 diffs, Aluminium bulkheads/diffcases and chassis braces and 3 sets of tires (2 sets standard truggy pin tires, 1 set original copperhead tires)? The original V1 diffs still work as well and come with it so 3 spare diffs (a thing that tends to break on this car).
He also sent me some more pics of the Outdrives and chassis, looks like it wasn't driven very much or very hard. He said I could get it for 350 + 15 shipping. Is that a good deal? Also I'm from Europe so pretty sure the holiday deals didn't apply to me...

EDIT: forgot to mention he replaced all the bearings with new ones as well.
https://www.willhaben.at/iad/kaufen-und-verkaufen/d/arrma-kraton-635135763/ here's the listing of the V4 I was talking about, it looks almost new to me

Last edited:
Not sure about the average pricing on Pre-Owned R/Cs over there in Europe..

But a well maintained Kraton 6S is hard to beat. It's just a better performing rig.

The new 4S v2's are nice on its own, BUT compared to the 6S lineup.. You're basically getting twice (if not more) the capabilities in the K6S with a whole lot MORE Upgradeability and Modifications/Performance headroom.

But a well maintained Kraton 6S is hard to beat. It's just a better performing rig.

The new 4S v2's are nice on its own, BUT compared to the 6S lineup.. You're basically getting twice (if not more) the capabilities in the K6S with a whole lot MORE Upgradeability and Modifications/Performance headroom.
If you only care about how many upgrades you can get and the top speed than the 6s is better. :)
Imo the 6s line is a bit overrated. When it comes to the funfactor and handling, I think the 4s line is unbeatable. I prefer my Kraton 4s v1 and v2 over my 6s Notorious. The Notorious just feels heavy as fully loaded dumptruck.

Managed to get that Kraton 6S V1 with all the parts and upgrades for 320€. Figured that's a pretty good deal as the max8 combo that's in it costs around 200 new alone and has only been run 1 time lol.

If you only care about how many upgrades you can get and the top speed than the 6s is better. :)
Imo the 6s line is a bit overrated. When it comes to the funfactor and handling, I think the 4s line is unbeatable. I prefer my Kraton 4s v1 and v2 over my 6s Notorious. The Notorious just feels heavy as fully loaded dumptruck.

I'm game for Bashing a Dump truck!
Monster Jam Dump Truck GIF by Overdrive Reality

Managed to get that Kraton 6S V1 with all the parts and upgrades for 320€. Figured that's a pretty good deal as the max8 combo that's in it costs around 200 new alone and has only been run 1 time lol.

Boom!
Let the FUN commence!!

Last edited:

Boom!
Let the FUN commence!!
Sooo turns out they either faked the pics or took them a few years ago, because the truck arrived in way worse condition than was shown and described.

Screws missing, screws ripped out, screws ripped THROUGH the chassis plate. Center differential Outdrive has side to side wiggle, center driveshaft barely has anything of its pin left. Body pretty rough, a ripped tire and the car in general has just been abused. Shock tower bent, pivot balls loose, screws replaced with random ones they found in their basement,... Shocks have 0 oil in them (super bouncy) so chances are they're leaking once you refill them. Springs bent. The Max8 esc has one of its fan blades broken off. part of the outer diff case to support the wingmount and rear chassis brace is missing. Most spare parts are broken. Front and center diff i haven't checked yet, but I'm wondering how you even f.. a car up this badly????? The 2 additional tire sets are also missing

20230111_122543.jpg

20230111_122552.jpg

20230111_122604.jpg

20230111_122614.jpg

20230111_122657.jpg

20230111_122714.jpg

20230111_122754.jpg

20230111_123802.jpg

20230111_123810.jpg

20230111_123819.jpg

20230111_124110.jpg

20230111_125113.jpg

20230111_125437.jpg

20230111_180856.jpg

20230111_180842.jpg

Boom!
Let the FUN commence!!
More pics cause they only allow 15. Safe to say this car can't be run in this condition and needs to be overhauled and fixed up first...
Alrighty my friend..

So here's my bucket of bits -
View attachment 267391

I rescued this poor thing from a savage (teenager)...

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/dumpster-fire-or-a-diamond-in-the-rough.58743/#post-867601
Well....turns out mine wasn't much better 🫠

Attachments

• 20230111_180820.jpg
    20230111_180820.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230111_183710.jpg
    20230111_183710.jpg
    179.2 KB · Views: 37
  • 20230111_184217.jpg
    20230111_184217.jpg
    132.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230111_180954.jpg
    20230111_180954.jpg
    195.1 KB · Views: 34
  • 20230111_141139.jpg
    20230111_141139.jpg
    206.1 KB · Views: 38
  • 20230111_132343.jpg
    20230111_132343.jpg
    209.3 KB · Views: 35
  • 20230111_132508.jpg
    20230111_132508.jpg
    179.8 KB · Views: 32
  • 20230111_125842.jpg
    20230111_125842.jpg
    225.5 KB · Views: 39
Sooo turns out they either faked the pics or took them a few years ago, because the truck arrived in way worse condition than was shown and described.

Screws missing, screws ripped out, screws ripped THROUGH the chassis plate. Center differential Outdrive has side to side wiggle, center driveshaft barely has anything of its pin left. Body pretty rough, a ripped tire and the car in general has just been abused. Shock tower bent, pivot balls loose, screws replaced with random ones they found in their basement,... Shocks have 0 oil in them (super bouncy) so chances are they're leaking once you refill them. Springs bent. The Max8 esc has one of its fan blades broken off. part of the outer diff case to support the wingmount and rear chassis brace is missing. Most spare parts are broken. Front and center diff i haven't checked yet, but I'm wondering how you even f.. a car up this badly????? The 2 additional tire sets are also missing

View attachment 269001

View attachment 269002

View attachment 269003

View attachment 269004

View attachment 269005

View attachment 269006

View attachment 269007

View attachment 269008

View attachment 269009

View attachment 269010

View attachment 269011

View attachment 269012

View attachment 269013

View attachment 269014

View attachment 269015

More pics cause they only allow 15. Safe to say this car can't be run in this condition and needs to be overhauled and fixed up first...

Well....turns out mine wasn't much better 🫠

Oh man...
I'm sorry to see that!!
That's just Low..
False Advertising.
Misleading ,bunch of Crooks!!!

Did you pay with PayPal?

Last edited:
Nope but the site i bought it on has like a buyer's protection thing. Trying to get my money back

Yes! Definitely.
GET Your Money Back on that pile of sh!t. That seller should be Banned.

Good Luck!
Keep us posted.

Nope but the site i bought it on has like a buyer's protection thing. Trying to get my money back
Yeh man I hope you get it worked out. I feel bad for suggesting the used Kraton now. Scared to buy used stuff from anyone other than well known members here. 🫤

Yeh man I hope you get it worked out. I feel bad for suggesting the used Kraton now. Scared to buy used stuff from anyone other than well known members here. 🫤

Yeah..
I'm partially to blame also for suggesting the pre-owned Kraton 6S...

Should/Could have also recommended more Due Diligence for USED items..

Just difficult to cut through the Bullsh!t that these scumbags probably done -multiple times already- with this Bait&Switcheroo scams...

@iLikeRCs
Hope that site will help provide a resolution to this bad experience and make you whole again.

Not to condone violence but this is “going postal” F***ery at its finest, moment. Good luck with the refund. What a bunch of Jackwagons. Or am I allowed to say jaqoffs? Sad. I’m not made out of money either. ☹️

Yeah..
I'm partially to blame also for suggesting the pre-owned Kraton 6S...

Should/Could have also recommended more Due Diligence for USED items..

Just difficult to cut through the Bullsh!t that these scumbags probably done -multiple times already- with this Bait&Switcheroo scams...

@iLikeRCs
Hope that site will help provide a resolution to this bad experience and make you whole again.
You guys did nothing wrong, the seller did :)

The claim got through and I got half of my money back. 2 options were to either send it back, but pay the shipping here, the buyers protection and the shipping back or get half of the original purchase price back and keep the car. I chose the second option because i didn't want to have to deal with sending it back, and didn't want to pay 30€ for nothing and I think it's worth the 150€ I paid now, even in this condition. would've been nice if they made the seller pay shipping and stuff when sending it back for what they falsely sent me, but they said that was not possible. I'm just making the best of it now, making a project car out of it and fixing it up

The claim got through and I got half of my money back. 2 options were to either send it back, but pay the shipping here, the buyers protection and the shipping back or get half of the original purchase price back and keep the car. I chose the second option because i didn't want to have to deal with sending it back, and didn't want to pay 30€ for nothing and I think it's worth the 150€ I paid now, even in this condition. would've been nice if they made the seller pay shipping and stuff when sending it back for what they falsely sent me, but they said that was not possible. I'm just making the best of it now, making a project car out of it and fixing it up

I have something more to said about that....
But I'll bite my tongue.
Not to throw more gasoline on this flaming matter.

I'm glad you can be calm about this and look at it in a positive light.

If you need help identifying parts , just let us know.

Sounds like you need to upgrade electronics in that notorious 🤣

For 150 it's definitely not bad

Sounds like you need to upgrade electronics in that notorious 🤣

For 150 it's definitely not bad
I've got it almost fixed up by now. all the parts I used in the repair process were included in the car, it should be running pretty well now. I installed the old 2050kv 6s arrma V1 motor instead of the 2200kv hobbywing motor because it still works well and I wanted to try it out first :)

So the car needed a lot of work, but now it should be pretty good. Overall I'm happy with the price now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back