Granite Used Granite 3s value?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
$125. tops. They arent worth much used. Used lipos are never any bargaining chip IMHO. Neither is a charger. They are there because the seller is tossing all of it. The Lipo may just be junk at this point. It was all neglected, and he is getting out of the hobby. I wouldn't consider the seller any RC enthusiast. So anything gives with its condition.
The Arrma 2 year warranty is priceless when bought new.

$125. tops. They arent worth much used. Used lipos are never any bargaining chip IMHO. Neither is a charger. They are there because the seller is tossing all of it. The Lipo may just be junk at this point. It was all neglected, and he is getting out of the hobby. I wouldn't consider the seller any RC enthusiast. So anything gives with its condition.
The Arrma 2 year warranty is priceless when bought new.
I get your point, but if the charger works as advertised I think it's a good buy for me. I will not be buying it with battery. if it was neglected, all we're really talking about is bearings, diff and shock oil and some cleaning right? correct me if I'm missing something. Does the warranty cover anything besides electronics?

Last edited:
@SrC I'm thinking of pulling the trigger, but interested in other opinions. do you think it'd be a better investment to buy a new blx? it's about ~$200 less than a new granite so that's plenty of budget for maintenance and even repairs. but do you think the warranty is worth the extra cost?

@SrC I'm thinking of pulling the trigger, but interested in other opinions. do you think it'd be a better investment to buy a new blx? it's about ~$200 less than a new granite so that's plenty of budget for maintenance and even repairs. but do you think the warranty is worth the extra cost?
It is, plus it's very difficult to compare that granite you are looking at vs a NIB, unmolested, fresh rc smelling granite!! Did you buy your Typhon used.. also, buying new you get to start at ground zero, u know the rig is ready and only needs minor maintenance/service right out the box.. to me the $200 you are saving will be returning for a visit with nice little surprises and mysteries when u go tearing into it.. also just by looking at the rig, and the poor picture quality.. you might be deeper in than you think when it's all said and done, also what's your time worth and mechanical skill level!! Ultimately it's up to your preference and what you think is the best bang for your buckl! 😎

It is, plus it's very difficult to compare that granite you are looking at vs a NIB, unmolested, fresh rc smelling granite!! Did you buy your Typhon used.. also, buying new you get to start at ground zero, u know the rig is ready and only needs minor maintenance/service right out the box.. to me the $200 you are saving will be returning for a visit with nice little surprises and mysteries when u go tearing into it.. also just by looking at the rig, and the poor picture quality.. you might be deeper in than you think when it's all said and done, also what's your time worth and mechanical skill level!! Ultimately it's up to your preference and what you think is the best bang for your buckl! 😎
awesome I really appreciate the input. I think you're totally right to be honest, you might have convinced me 😁 perhaps I'll just wait til I want to shell out another few hundred and get a brand new rig. that fresh rc smell is worth it alone ;)

I did get my Typhon gifted to me new by my girlfriend, so I do understand how nice it having a spic n' span rig. thank you for your reply 🙏

Last edited:
awesome I really appreciate the input. I think you're totally right to be honest, you convinced me 😁 perhaps I'll just wait til I want to shell out another few hundred and get a brand new rig. that fresh rc smell is worth it alone ;)

I did get my Typhon gifted to me new by my girlfriend, so I do understand how nice it having a spic n' span rig. thank you for your reply 🙏
Yes! It doesn't matter what brand spanking new rc you buy, unboxing is the exiting moment ❤️ i remember this sight when i opened my Vorteks box 😎 and that candy red bodyshell 🥰 too bad that those colors does not come in BLX models.

IMG_20230403_182325.jpg

Good condition and upgraded shocks is a pretty good deal for $150. You already own a 3s typhon so you know what you’re in for. Most of the unknown potentially damaged things will be parts that I, at least, would be upgrading anyway. Looks like he wasn’t hard on it, so I wouldn’t be too concerned about electronics failing.

Good condition and upgraded shocks is a pretty good deal for $150. You already own a 3s typhon so you know what you’re in for. Most of the unknown potentially damaged things will be parts that I, at least, would be upgrading anyway. Looks like he wasn’t hard on it, so I wouldn’t be too concerned about electronics failing.
another point for me to consider. this was my train of thought initially. especially if I were to return my charger, it makes the cost for me quite negligible

You will be sinking some coin into a used one anyway. A new one has the warranty. And most use it for the electrics because they do fail over a 2 year period for most. The servo is usually never warranteed because they suck anyway. But you can still get Arrma to replace that. Most don't bother. It is underpowered anyway. Best to just upgrade that when the stocker fails. So the $motor and ESC$ is what the warranty is for. And usually if the factory has any defects. So buying used... you will be paying to replace old parts. New may be better. IDK. Not my wallet. Just playing devils advocate here.
Hope this helps, whichever way you go. Good luck. :cool:

You will be sinking some coin into a used one anyway. A new one has the warranty. And most use it for the electrics because they do fail over a 2 year period for most. The servo is usually never warranteed because they suck anyway. But you can still get Arrma to replace that. Most don't bother. It is underpowered anyway. Best to just upgrade that when the stocker fails. So the $motor and ESC$ is what the warranty is for. And usually if the factory has any defects. So buying used... you will be paying to replace old parts. New may be better. IDK. Not my wallet. Just playing devils advocate here.
Hope this helps, whichever way you go. Good luck. :cool:
I appreciate all angles of perspective so thank you. I do have an active warranty for my Typhon still, if an electronic failed could I just warranty it from my Typhon?

I appreciate all angles of perspective so thank you. I do have an active warranty for my Typhon still, if an electronic failed could I just warranty it from my Typhon?
I don't think so. The warranties are pretty strict.

here are some more pics. from the looks of it he really did just drive it a few times and let it sit. even my 3 month old Typhon has way more battle scars on the chassis than this car. yes the screws are rusted, but they can always be cleaned. I am certainly assuming the bearings are all shot, but I have extras and he has some new ones included as well. the rear bumper mount is broken, but I have a spare rear brcc bumper that would fit.

what would y'all pay for this with a 100w 10a charger, extra shocks and bearings included?

received_534890192163138.jpeg

received_3327335967520053.jpeg

received_1759181027812627.jpeg

received_599534172206829.jpeg

received_1724160181319698.jpeg

here are some more pics. from the looks of it he really did just drive it a few times and let it sit. even my 3 month old Typhon has way more battle scars on the chassis than this car. yes the screws are rusted, but they can always be cleaned. I am certainly assuming the bearings are all shot, but I have extras and he has some new ones included as well. the rear bumper mount is broken, but I have a spare rear brcc bumper that would fit.

what would y'all pay for this with a 100w 10a charger, extra shocks and bearings included?

View attachment 291723

View attachment 291724

View attachment 291725

View attachment 291726

View attachment 291727
I probably had to pay between 250$-300$ for something like this here...not that I want to, but it's what the cars goes for here. so imo you got a good deal.

Looks like it has some serious toe-out in front, or is it just angle of photo?
good catch I'll ask. you're right about the price though, its really cheap for my area as well.

what would could be causing toe out anyway? what comes to mind is turnbuckle adjustment, blown wheel bearing, or even loose wheel hex

good catch I'll ask. you're right about the price though, its really cheap for my area as well.

what would could be causing toe out anyway? what comes to mind is turnbuckle adjustment, blown wheel bearing, or even loose wheel hex
Yeah, I'd check wheel hex, steering knuckle, if anything is broken. Then I'd adjust turnbuckles if everything is ok.
Maybe its better when the car is on the ground. I know mine looks a little weird when I lift it, and it settles when I place it on the floor.

Yeah, I'd check wheel hex, steering knuckle, if anything is broken. Then I'd adjust turnbuckles if everything is ok.
sweeet. after seeing more of the condition I offered a bit lower price, we'll see if he takes it

I saw a used V2 brushed Granite posted today, (in Norway) and he's asking 250$. It looks really good tho, but still....so expensive here...😐
holyy that's just about the price of a brand new brushed v3 here!! why are they so expensive over there? I've heard about rcs being very expensive outside of the us. is it just import tax or something?

holyy that's just about the price of a brand new brushed v3 here!! why are they so expensive over there? I've heard about rcs being very expensive outside of the us. is it just import tax or something?
Yeah I guess so. And the reseller here has to earn on it too. Don't think amain is shipping to Norway, and if they did, it would probably be even worse 🤣 new granite V3 blx here is 440$

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back