Senton Using a 17t pinion with the stock fixed BLX motor mount

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
My new slipper assembly arrived today and it was time to retire my 32p Yeti mod spur gear that I had been running in my Senton Mega 4x4. I totally spaced and forgot to order an HR adjustable mount even though I knew with my aftermarket motor I couldn't run any of the fixed mount holes. So out came the drill. First I slotted the 15 and 20 tooth holes on the bottom but afterwards decided I didn't want to slot the top (much more work). So I used the 15t top hole and I had to widen the bottom 15t hole a bit. It wasn't too bad. Here is the end result:

20190122_181222.jpg

20190122_183142.jpg

The truck now has the majority of the BLX parts on it with the exception of the stiffer shock springs, wheelie bar and the center driveshaft support. I don't really use this truck very much so I'm not sure if I'm going to do the pivot balls and bellcrank. I'm on the fence. I'm running a 1410 3800 sensored motor. According to my spreadsheet it would top out at 57.53 mph. If I had the BLX 100 system in with a 20t it would top at 56.99 mph. So pretty much the same. Yay SCT!

The teeth on that spur look huge compared to the pinion. I've never had them out together on my "other" truck, where I would have noticed. I've always only had one out, or the other. The shape of the teeth seems to be different. Is that common?

Optical illusion? They are both 32p (.8 mod). What did you say about posting in these threads??

Optical illusion? They are both 32p (.8 mod). What did you say about posting in these threads??
I was brave this time because it was your post. I knew I couldn't do any damage to a newb. Moving away now, quietly....

I was brave this time because it was your post. I knew I couldn't do any damage to a newb. Moving away now, quietly....

Lol ? No worries!

My new slipper assembly arrived today and it was time to retire my 32p Yeti mod spur gear that I had been running in my Senton Mega 4x4. I totally spaced and forgot to order an HR adjustable mount even though I knew with my aftermarket motor I couldn't run any of the fixed mount holes. So out came the drill. First I slotted the 15 and 20 tooth holes on the bottom but afterwards decided I didn't want to slot the top (much more work). So I used the 15t top hole and I had to widen the bottom 15t hole a bit. It wasn't too bad. Here is the end result:

View attachment 27861
View attachment 27860

The truck now has the majority of the BLX parts on it with the exception of the stiffer shock springs, wheelie bar and the center driveshaft support. I don't really use this truck very much so I'm not sure if I'm going to do the pivot balls and bellcrank. I'm on the fence. I'm running a 1410 3800 sensored motor. According to my spreadsheet it would top out at 57.53 mph. If I had the BLX 100 system in with a 20t it would top at 56.99 mph. So pretty much the same. Yay SCT!
Nice maybe I should inbox you all my questions. I like that motor

View attachment 27861
View attachment 27860

Oh, and by the way, nice work on modding the mount. Well done.

I also received my mount and slipper today.... I am now cleaning skid marks off my kitchen floor... serious, burn out central!! I ordered 3s diffs. Did not realized the diffs where different tooth then stock. So needless to say. I’m stuck on stock tell my 13t HD inputs show up.. once those are in, I’ll tear down and post some pictures buddy. My pinion at this moment is 26t with 3s slipper. Kinda worried about heat being an issue now /: you think that castle motor fan would fit my 2050kv BLX motor? I’m probably going to order one tonight if anyone can recommend size.

I also received my mount and slipper today.... I am now cleaning skid marks off my kitchen floor... serious, burn out central!! I ordered 3s diffs. Did not realized the diffs where different tooth then stock. So needless to say. I’m stuck on stock tell my 13t HD inputs show up.. once those are in, I’ll tear down and post some pictures buddy. My pinion at this moment is 26t with 3s slipper. Kinda worried about heat being an issue now /: you think that castle motor fan would fit my 2050kv BLX motor? I’m probably going to order one tonight if anyone can recommend size.
The 2050kv motor won't break a sweat in that light platform even with that pinion. That big pinion will also lessen the torque & keep your driveshafts from blowing up too soon. I don't know if the spur will survive too long though. I haven't had good luck with plastic spurs with 4074 motors.

Like @Megasty said, you won'y have heat issues with that motor. As you sit now you are geared for a top speed of 46 mph.

And to add to the note, I realized I used a 27t 32p because all my other pinions that fit 5mm shafts... are all 48p and fit the stock Senton mega slipper. So on to placing orders for a variety of speed tests/tire,battery, gear variety/ and just having fun. Still confused why I can never pop my front wheels. Slash 4x4 has no issue on 11 volts and I’m in 15??

Make sure the slipper is tight & use blue loctite on the insert screw because it can come undone with enough torque. But doing wheelies with it on 4s will wreck your driveshafts so just be prepared. It was a slick mess outside today, so I took my Senton with the 4s setup out since I haven't used it in months & still managed to bust a rear shaft. It does have 17mm 2.8 Trenchers & that didn't help the shafts at all. They found some bare grass, gripped enough & it was all over.

So I’m definitely scoping out those tires now. They seen nasty my friend. Or should I say, they seem megasty!! Haha. And hey, so those upgraded driveshafts. Can you predict if those will eliminate your issue here? I’ve realized by watching the rustler... wheelies aren’t that awesome. I’d rather keep mine on the ground and not on the roof. Watched my buddy throw 100$ of drive shafts out the window in less then a month..... finally. Finally bought the steel shafts. We will see how he does.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back