Notorious Utter disappointment *Updated*

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a similar issue with my K6S. Flashing red light on blx185. I tried reset got it working then nothing no steering or throttle and esc blinking red.
What I found was the wiring from esc to radio (3 wire) was damaged under the esc mount. This caused two receivers of mine to be fried before I put a new esc in it. My original esc is probably ok if I repair the wiring but haven’t tried it yet, nervous to fry another receiver lol.
I see this from time to time when the wires aren't routed right from the factory.

It's Alive!! New ESC installed. Running 6S (dual 3S packs). When new ESC installed exactly as old, forward and reverse are swapped. RTFM and still confused. Manual says to reverse any two motor wires. As a guy who worked in the tech industry for years, that just doesn't sit right. Help!

It's Alive!! New ESC installed. Running 6S (dual 3S packs). When new ESC installed exactly as old, forward and reverse are swapped. RTFM and still confused. Manual says to reverse any two motor wires. As a guy who worked in the tech industry for years, that just doesn't sit right. Help!
Yeah just swap any 2 of the motor wires, the motors are not polarized. But if reverse is faster than forward you need to flip the F/R switch on the transmitter.
It is one of these 3 switches but not sure which one as I cannot see the writing on the transmitter.
InkedSPMSLT350_A4_TRR9NNGP_LI.jpg

I would also do a throttle recalibration.
With everything off turn on the transmitter ensuring the throttle trim is centered.
Hold down the set button and turn on the esc and let off the set button as soon as the motor starts beeping.
With the throttle at neutral press the set button. The motor will beep indicating that neutral has been set.
Pull the throttle to full throttle and hold it there while pressing the set button. The motor will beep 2 times indicating full throttle has been set.
Push the throttle to full brake and hold it there while pressing the set button. The motor will beep 3 times indicating that full brake has been set.
Turn the esc off to complete calibration.

Last edited:
Is there something I was supposed to connect to keep from having to just swap wires? Setting perhaps?
Sorry updated my post.
I know on my Outcast 6s V1 the F/R switch on my transmitter was set to R from the factory.

On Brushless, it's a 3 phase motor and common to swap wires for change in rotation.
Almost every transmitter has a switch to do the same, check your model. You can also program the ESC to swap direction.
Any of the 3 above, follow up with a throttle range calibration of your ESC. Ensure all trims are at zero before you do that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back