Senton V3 input gear different?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rainger40

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Kraton EXB
  3. Senton 3s
I think the V3 input gear may be different. I redid my slipper and used the new nut that goes in the slipper shaft and it kept the drive unit from seating on the input Gear shaft. Wouldn’t slide back all the way, not enough to clear the ledge and “click”. I’m pretty sure the nut was all the way down in the slipper shaft and it wasn’t happening. Took it off re-adjusted, loctite, ect and then it went on as usual easy peasy. Anyone else run into this?

Granite V1, used input gear P/N AR310873

Granite V1.png

Granite V2, also used input gear P/N AR310873

Granite V2.png

Granite V3, uses new input gear P/N ARA311031

Granite V3.png

The V3 parts aren't available yet. The nut you have is the one used in the V1.

I see, but those are the slipper parts. Has the input gear shaft changed lengths to allow the drive Unit to seat with the nut installed in slipper? Input gear is ara311031 at least for v3. I don’t know how to see the older model schematics, where are you finding those?

7FACC4E2-D88C-4B25-B57A-60D48D47F1C1.jpeg

Has the input gear shaft changed lengths to allow the drive Unit to seat with the nut installed in slipper?

The old one (AR310873):

RTDAFY8M9BED2FCKPPXVFHDCCWXQUZR2996WA6TWFYHZ6F6YHF.jpg

the new one (ARA311031)- the spline is shorter:

ZGXXVUCR9RD9ZPPCEZZPM4BMHK46ZZG9PB86G3PAJBKA822RFE.jpg

Input gear is ara311031 at least for v3. I don’t know how to see the older model schematics, where are you finding those?

On Arrma's website, go to a part you know is in your car. The site will show a list of models where that part is used, including discontinued models. Click on the model you want and it'll take you to the page for that model. The interactive exploded view will be there.

Last edited:
Hard to tell scale from pics but man that looks like less than half the engagement surface on the shorter input gear. Be something to keep an eye on and see if it presents any problems. Thanks for the replies guys??

It does look quite a bit shorter. My guess is that it'll be OK in the back where it mates to metal, but in the front where is mates to a plastic driveshaft, I'm surprised they didn't keep the longer input gear. That might end up being a V4 improvement.

I shortened mine a few weeks ago to accommodate the nut,I also had the same concerns. I have the Outcast and so far so good. I think it will be fine as long as the slipper is adjusted properly.

It does look quite a bit shorter. My guess is that it'll be OK in the back where it mates to metal, but in the front where is mates to a plastic driveshaft, I'm surprised they didn't keep the longer input gear. That might end up being a V4 improvement.
My thoughts exactly!
I shortened mine a few weeks ago to accommodate the nut,I also had the same concerns. I have the Outcast and so far so good. I think it will be fine as long as the slipper is adjusted properly.
Good to hear, like @Arrmature said metal on metal is a little more trustworthy and at least in the rear the nut is still somewhat supporting the slipper “shaft”

I think the V3 input gear may be different. I redid my slipper and used the new nut that goes in the slipper shaft and it kept the drive unit from seating on the input Gear shaft. Wouldn’t slide back all the way, not enough to clear the ledge and “click”. I’m pretty sure the nut was all the way down in the slipper shaft and it wasn’t happening. Took it off re-adjusted, loctite, ect and then it went on as usual easy peasy. Anyone else run into this?
Yes the new input gear is shorter so you can use the new nut. You won't be able to use the new nut without the shorter input gear.

You have the new nut? Are the threads plastic now? I hope so. Screws into plastic don't back out and don't need loc-tite. I disagree that metal on metal is more trustworthy. How many metal into metal screws have come loose on your rig? Countless in my experience. The slipper screw is the prime example. How many metal into plastic screws have come loose? For me, only the shock screws into RPM arms.

Last edited:
I disagree that metal on metal is more trustworthy.

The metal on metal discussion was with respect to the shorter splined section on the input gear. In the rear they interface with metal splines on the slipper assembly, so likely not a concern. On the front, the shorter metal input gear splines interface to splines in the plastic driveshaft. The driveshaft splines are likely to fail more quickly with the shorter input gear.

I wonder though if the new all metal input gear will work with the new slipper nut.

On the front, the shorter metal input gear splines interface to splines in the plastic driveshaft. The driveshaft splines are likely to fail more quickly with the shorter input gear.
I misunderstood. Yeah, there's no reason to use the shorter input gear in the front. Still would like to know if the new nut is all plastic. It looks like it in pictures. In the pictures of the old nut, you can clearly see different color of the metal threads.

I misunderstood. Yeah, there's no reason to use the shorter input gear in the front. Still would like to know if the new nut is all plastic. It looks like it in pictures. In the pictures of the old nut, you can clearly see different color of the metal threads.
It is a all plastic nut.

I also shortened one to see if it would allow room for the plastic nut and it did. However the plastic nut just wasnt strong enough to hold the screw where I like it. It would back out and allow more slip than I prefer which is probably by design. My new idea is using the new shorter input gear ARA311031 which I just ordered along with the older slipper nut that has the metal in it so I can apply some loctite on the internal metal threads of the nut. Hoping this combo holds up. Heres some pics of the input gear I cut. I was also concerned that having only half of the spline would be strong enough but it held up. So Im sure the newer shorter one will be OK.

20200908_084054.jpg
20200908_084200.jpg
20200908_091424.jpg

I also shortened one to see if it would allow room for the plastic nut and it did. However the plastic nut just wasnt strong enough to hold the screw where I like it. It would back out and allow more slip than I prefer which is probably by design. My new idea is using the new shorter input gear ARA311031 which I just ordered along with the older slipper nut that has the metal in it so I can apply some loctite on the internal metal threads of the nut. Hoping this combo holds up. Heres some pics of the input gear I cut. I was also concerned that having only half of the spline would be strong enough but it held up. So Im sure the newer shorter one will be OK.

View attachment 101193View attachment 101194View attachment 101195
That’s the exact samething I did , I’m using the metal nut with loctite just on the nut side not on the screw before I installed it and it hasn’t slipped at all. As for durability it’s help up no complaints and I haven’t noticed any issues.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back