Limitless Hobao vte2 build thread

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Senton 3s
  3. Vendetta
My first Hobao build. Nothing special.

Vte2
TP 4070cm 2200kv
Xlx2
Ironman motor mount
Optional carbon chassis
Optional HD axles
RamJam titanium center shafts
RamJam titanium center spool (need to install)
Saga HD springs (need to install)
Fc100 body
DRG carbon hi speed wing

Took the car out for its first run on 6s and all I can say is wow. Much easier to drive than the 6s vendetta. I must’ve rushed myself and forgot to loctite the pinion because it walked off the shaft middle of second run. Can’t wait to get more time with this chassis

IMG_2704.jpeg

IMG_2697.jpeg

IMG_2703.png

IMG_2670.jpeg

What brand and color paint did you use? I’m running fluorescent yellow now but thinking of going fluorescent pink next. The yellow gets washed out when it’s bright out. Which of those two bodies do you like better for visibility?

What brand and color paint did you use? I’m running fluorescent yellow now but thinking of going fluorescent pink next. The yellow gets washed out when it’s bright out. Which of those two bodies do you like better for visibility?
On the Hobao I used Tamiya PS-29

On the vendetta I used Tamiya PS-27

I think I like the PS29 (pink) better for visibility out of the 2.

The V2 looks great! I've been wanting one of these VTE's for a couple of years now and I just can't decide between this and what Arrma has to offer. So i did what any normal person would do and bought a nice crawler instead. LMAO

I keep seeing people replacing things like spool, center shafts and axles and i was wondering if those are points of failure or just precautionary / preventative upgrades. I'll drive 170 in my car but I'm not looking to take an RC up to those speeds and will likely be happy if i hit 100mph, so would I benefit from upgrades like yours or is the factory kit good enough?

The V2 looks great! I've been wanting one of these VTE's for a couple of years now and I just can't decide between this and what Arrma has to offer. So i did what any normal person would do and bought a nice crawler instead. LMAO

I keep seeing people replacing things like spool, center shafts and axles and i was wondering if those are points of failure or just precautionary / preventative upgrades. I'll drive 170 in my car but I'm not looking to take an RC up to those speeds and will likely be happy if i hit 100mph, so would I benefit from upgrades like yours or is the factory kit good enough?
Factory kit on both a Lim/Infraction 6S platform or a VTE/VTE2 are easily good for 100mph+ (a cautionary tale: once you go over 100mph, I can all but guarantee that you'll be hooked on speed running and will crave more - I've often called 100mph the "barrier to entry" into speed running so I view it more as the beginning and not a goal). Once you go past 120-130mph, there are some upgrades that you'd want to start considering as a prophylactic measure but until then, the stock parts are just fine.

Factory kit on both a Lim/Infraction 6S platform or a VTE/VTE2 are easily good for 100mph+ (a cautionary tale: once you go over 100mph, I can all but guarantee that you'll be hooked on speed running and will crave more - I've often called 100mph the "barrier to entry" into speed running so I view it more as the beginning and not a goal). Once you go past 120-130mph, there are some upgrades that you'd want to start considering as a prophylactic measure but until then, the stock parts are just fine.
Hmmm, maybe i better see if there are any roads around me that would allow for high speed runs before i cross the addiction barrier. Lol
Thanks for the info.

Hmmm, maybe i better see if there are any roads around me that would allow for high speed runs before i cross the addiction barrier. Lol
Thanks for the info.
That's not a bad idea. Sometimes finding an appropriate piece of tarmac can be the biggest pain of it all. Start scouting around your area on google-maps. Ideally you're looking for straight bit of smooth road in the 2000'+ range (FWIW, there is no upper limit...if you can find 10,000' of road, awesome, not that you'll need all of it but there's nothing wrong with excess imho) but, if that's a tall order in your area 1500' will do in a pinch. The absolute minimum would be 1000' but that's really pushing it and I would recommend to keep looking.

Back