Vendetta Vendetta canceled, whats next?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ain't nothing wrong with having some fun! Certainly give you points for doing something unique. My point is, by the time you drop a bunch of money into this platform to get it to 100+, you could've got yourself a Limitless, which people are taking 200+
I agree with you there..

Okay. I don't get it. Part numbers are different as well. New??? Amain ....
View attachment 320174
I started a thread on the new model # not knowing this one was already going, but here's my take on the new model #. Previously HH had shipping and delivery issues, potentially because they have different model numbers for different regions. Since the new model number is still a V3, and T2, with only the "B" added, I believe they may just be making one kit for all regions, and including both plug types in each. Here's why I think that:
1693923854052.png

1693923917628.png

Noone really knows what this platform can do..noone has ever really pushed this platform..kinda like when Philip jolly @phildogg when he first started speedrunning traxxas slash 4×4..noone probly ever thought it would work good as i did..he ran an still runs incredible speeds with it...my current setup will give me 2,3,4,5s pbz accross the board..got good setup an good packs so this car about to do some things..noone gives this platform enough credit.YET😅😂🤣

Noone really knows what this platform can do..noone has ever really pushed this platform..kinda like when Philip jolly @phildogg when he first started speedrunning traxxas slash 4×4..noone probly ever thought it would work good as i did..he ran an still runs incredible speeds with it...my current setup will give me 2,3,4,5s pbz accross the board..got good setup an good packs so this car about to do some things..noone gives this platform enough credit.YET😅😂🤣
This platform definitely has promise, and I plan on parking lot bashing mine. With the composite chassis it will deal well with bashing. I see nothing wrong with seeing what this model can do for "science" purposes, but for practical purposes, the Limitless makes more sense for those with 100+ mph as their goal.

The base price of the Vendetta is $369.99, while the Limitless is $429. The first part you should remove for the Vendetta is the slipper clutch, that'll be $30, you'll want a top brace $30, you'll also want a front splitter $30. Buying those pieces will get you to close to what the Limitless comes stock with, but still not quite. The rear wing also likes to break at 100+ mph, so you'll need to replace that, or at least brace it. You can remove it altogether, but then it lacks the needed downforce to hold it down much past 100mph, as this model is very light. To get over 100 mph you'll also need new electronics. At this point, the Vendetta is costing you more than just getting the Limitless, and both will require electronics. To keep going, the plastic diff gears on the Vendetta don't like much more power than stock, so you'll need metal input and diff gears to keep up with the Limitless, potentially aluminum drivetrain too. The tires options for the 12mm hex on the Vendetta are also limited for high-speed runs, you'll want to upgrade to 17mm hexes for additional options.

Yes, you can have plenty of fun with this model. I think it makes a great intro to speed runs and will be a lot of fun parking lot bashing. It just doesn't make $ sense to take this model past 100mph to me.

Last edited:
Limitless is just pretty limited as a street basher because of the minimum 26T size pinion with 47T pinion. (Stock 39T). 47T spur and 26T is 54mph on 4s. 81mph on 6s = needs a lot of cooling. Hope they'll work on some center diff and different motor mount for the Limitless to improve options.
The V2 Lim Pinichio spool setup is truly designed for speed running.
My V1 Lim is like the Infr. I have a diff in there for general non speed run stuff. For Racing around with my sons Infr. on a 1/4 mile Banked Bicycle Velodrome.
Lim's do run fairly hot for the simple reason of its tight fitting low profile Body alone. And Big Fan solutions are hard to fit inside a Lim body as well.
This platform definitely has promise, and I plan on parking lot bashing mine. With the composite chassis it will deal well with bashing. I see nothing wrong with seeing what this model can do for "science" purposes, but for practical purposes, the Limitless makes more sense for those with 100+ mph as their goal.

The base price of the Vendetta is $369.99, while the Limitless is $429. The first part you should remove for the Vendetta is the slipper clutch, that'll be $30, you'll want a top brace $30, you'll also want a front splitter $30. Buying those pieces will get you to close to what the Limitless comes stock with, but still not quite. The rear wing also likes to break at 100+ mph, so you'll need to replace that, or at least brace it. You can remove it altogether, but then it lacks the needed downforce to hold it down much past 100mph, as this model is very light. To get over 100 mph you'll also need new electronics, at this point, the Vendetta is costing you more than just getting the Limitless, and both will require electronics. To keep going, the plastic diff gears on the Vendetta don't like much more power than stock, so you'll need aluminum input and diff gears to keep up with the Limitless, potentially aluminum drivetrain too. The tires options for the 12mm hex on the Vendetta are also limited for high-speed runs, you'll want to upgrade to 17mm hexes for additional options.

Yes, you can have plenty of fun with this model. I think it makes a great intro to speed runs and will be a lot of fun parking lot bashing. It just doesn't make $ sense to take this model past 100mph to me.
Exactly my point. You can surely dump much money into a Detta or any RC and it will give you good PB's.
The Lim or even a 6s Infr. out the box, doesn't' need much $$ out the box to do the same.
Not knocking the 4x4's, just that they are at a lower pricepoint, and for a reason. And for more experienced guys, the 1/7 All road line is the smarter choice, when you consider the $outlay$ needed for a Detta. The $$ spent Brings you into 1/7 territory real fast.

>>I guess the main distinction is if you prefer driving 1/8 (Detta) vs. the 1/7 scale line.
It's maybe more about the preferred scale you like driving??:unsure:

Last edited:
The V2 Lim Pinichio spool setup is truly designed for speed running.
My V1 Lim is like the Infr. I have a diff in there for general non speed run stuff. For Racing around with my sons Infr. on a 1/4 mile Banked Bicycle Velodrome.
Lim's do run fairly hot for the simple reason of its tight fitting low profile Body alone. And Big Fan solutions are hard to fit inside a Lim body as well.

Exactly my point. You can surely dump much money into a Detta or any RC and it will give you good PB's.
The Lim or even a 6s Infr. out the box, doesn't' need much $$ out the box to do the same.
Not knocking the 4x4's, just that they are at a lower pricepoint, and for a reason. And for more experienced guys, the 1/7 All road line is the smarter choice, when you consider the $outlay$ needed for a Detta. The $$ spent Brings you into 1/7 territory real fast.

>>I guess the main distinction is if you prefer driving 1/8 (Detta) vs. the 1/7 scale line.
It's maybe more about the preferred scale you like driving??:unsure:
I own both of these models, and to me, they have 2 distinct use cases.
The Limitless is a beast, proven capable of over 200mph, and is for the more experienced drivers. It also has a large amount of option parts due to the popularity, so your imagination can run wild. With that said, it’s really too large and fast to run in my culdesac. I take it to the mall, which is always empty now lol, and I run it there. It’s so fast and quick, it really needs a larger space like that to let it open up.
The Vendetta is perfect for getting introduced to speed runs, and for bashing at home in smaller spaces. I personally think it would be a waste to upgrade the electronics in the Vendetta. Just run it for what it is, and when you’re ready to upgrade for faster speeds step up to the Limitless.

I never felt the 4x4 Detta to be an "alternative" to the 1/7 line. 2 diff. animals with different purposes. And wallets to match each.
It's all too easy to spend an additional $1k on upgrades with any RC platform. Some platforms are worthy, some not. This gets subjective for so many. We all do RC differently. We all have different expectations.
To get to 150-200 MPH, if that is your "Thing", the 1/7 Arrma line is way more practical. If you have the space to drive them.

Last edited:
I never felt the 4x4 Detta to be an "alternative" to the 1/7 line. 2 diff. animals with different purposes. And wallets to match each.
It's all too easy to spend an additinal $1k on upgrades with any RC platform. Some platforms are worthy, some not. This gets subjective for so many. We all do RC differently. We all have different expectations.
To get to 150-200 MPH, if that is your "Thing", the 1/7 Arrma line is way more practical. If you have the space to drive them.
I completely agree. The 3s lineup is a solid value, and they are quite fun. If your plan is to drop $ for new electronics, I think it's better served in the Limitless roller. You’ll get more bang for your buck, and a more capable speed runner.

Last edited:
I edited my last response to better reflect what I was trying to say, and maybe sound less harsh lol. I hope my posting didn't turn anyone off from having fun with their Detta.
I believe I have a unique perspective, because I currently own both, and that has allowed me to do in-depth side by side comparisons. So, while I still stand by my opinion, my goal was never to squash the creativity endeavors of others, just merely to help guide.

I started a thread on the new model # not knowing this one was already going, but here's my take on the new model #. Previously HH had shipping and delivery issues, potentially because they have different model numbers for different regions. Since the new model number is still a V3, and T2, with only the "B" added, I believe they may just be making one kit for all regions, and including both plug types in each. Here's why I think that:
View attachment 320690

View attachment 320691
I noticed that on Arrma's site too, then came here and saw your post... since the new part number is basically a mashup of the previous two, I'm wondering if they aren't just unifying the models as well.

I've got my pre-order in, so we'll find out!

I bought the Infraction Mega and did a bunch of stuff to it. In retrospect, I should've just bought the Vendetta since that's basically what I ended up with after upgrading the Mega. I just didn't like the Vendetta body. Honestly, I don't really like any of the Arrma bodies (as you can see below, I replace them on most of my cars). So when the Vendetta went on sale for $199, I bought one and ordered the Pro-Line painted body the same day. I think it looks awesome with this body, and my neighborhood is small enough that the Vendetta is plenty fast right off the shelf. So to me, $199 Vendetta + painted 'stang body = perfect daily driver.

View attachment 318340

View attachment 318341

View attachment 318342
That mustang body is sweet.all of your body's are actually.i do like the arrma body's,but not in the stock paint job form..they all need a custom paint job to make the shape and body lines really come to life...

That mustang body is sweet.all of your body's are actually.i do like the arrma body's,but not in the stock paint job form..they all need a custom paint job to make the shape and body lines really come to life...
That Mustang body does look sweet! It's probably the next piece I will go after.
So far the parts I've picked up are;
Slipper clutch elimiator
Top brace
Full aero kit

The Detta has a 55% rear weight bias, but it's almost perfectly balanced L-F with the GA 3s HV battery. I'm going to hold off on adjusting the balance until after the front splitter gets installed. The only other thing I've done so far is fix the camber, it was all over the place.

I love the Vendetta. Its not a replacement for a Felony or XO-1 but I learned to drive at decent speeds with Vendettas. I also think the look cool. If they were just getting rid of inventory before releasing a new model Im not as bewildered. For the price and features I felt like a Vendetta is perfect for a tough guy wannabe and is still easily fixable.

I love my Vendetta, Infraction and Felony. I get a consistent 75 out my stock Vendetta and it’s super planted. It’s a great car to let your friends have a go in a wide open space. I’ve hooked many a fish with this and my Talion. Here fishy fishy…. Time to start your new addiction! I have my stock Infraction motor and ESC. I might try and cram that can in the Vendetta. It would be a rocket ship as I’ve seen it done. I’m glad I got the 199 special and with horizon points I paid 130 bucks. Stole it.

71105569939__2057F4CA-ABC7-467B-9642-0AAAD7D149DB.jpeg

I love my Vendetta, Infraction and Felony. I get a consistent 75 out my stock Vendetta and it’s super planted. It’s a great car to let your friends have a go in a wide open space. I’ve hooked many a fish with this and my Talion. Here fishy fishy…. Time to start your new addiction! I have my stock Infraction motor and ESC. I might try and cram that can in the Vendetta. It would be a rocket ship as I’ve seen it done. I’m glad I got the 199 special and with horizon points I paid 130 bucks. Stole it.

View attachment 320955
It was such a good deal I got two! My good friend is going to have a merry Christmas!

That Mustang body does look sweet! It's probably the next piece I will go after.
So far the parts I've picked up are;
Slipper clutch elimiator
Top brace
Full aero kit

The Detta has a 55% rear weight bias, but it's almost perfectly balanced L-F with the GA 3s HV battery. I'm going to hold off on adjusting the balance until after the front splitter gets installed. The only other thing I've done so far is fix the camber, it was all over the place.
Update on this:
Full aero kit - The side skirts do not fit properly. It looks like I’ll be able to grind off some of the CF and make it fit, though. The front splitter and rear winglets fit just fine. I’ll be looking for M3x10mm big head titanium screws for the splitter to add some sparks.

Top brace - fits like a charm, really stiffens up the chassis.

Slipper clutch eliminator - a bit tricky getting the motor out, but once I got it figured out it’s quite simple and elegant. The gear in the eBay picture doesn’t quite match what was received. The picture shows a lightened 50T gear, what was received was not the lightened version. I got the 50T to match the stock gearing, stock setup was 20.62g, and new setup comes in right at 40g. Almost double the weight, but you’re going from a plastic to a metal gear. Wish it was the lightened version, as pictured. Also, it requires ordering an additional part to work AR310881.

Weight ratio stayed about the same:
IMG_3459.jpeg

I bought the Infraction Mega and did a bunch of stuff to it. In retrospect, I should've just bought the Vendetta since that's basically what I ended up with after upgrading the Mega. I just didn't like the Vendetta body. Honestly, I don't really like any of the Arrma bodies (as you can see below, I replace them on most of my cars). So when the Vendetta went on sale for $199, I bought one and ordered the Pro-Line painted body the same day. I think it looks awesome with this body, and my neighborhood is small enough that the Vendetta is plenty fast right off the shelf. So to me, $199 Vendetta + painted 'stang body = perfect daily driver.

View attachment 318340

View attachment 318341

View attachment 318342
On your Vendetta, does your Mustang body line up with the rear tires? I just got mine in, and it’s noticeably off.
IMG_3519.jpeg

Back