Vendetta Vendetta Cutting out on speed runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

basher27

Reaction score
Since I am relatively new to the RC world, wondering what that means when I am doing a speed run and I am about all the way in the throttle and the car automatically slows down until I let off the throttle and then it goes back to normal? I am running the stock 3900 motor with an upgraded Spektrum firma 130 amp ESC a up graded 32t pinion gear. My battery is a spectrum 3S 100 C battery

Do I have too large of gear in there?

You’re demanding more from the ESC than it can deliver.

You’ll have to gear down or upgrade the ESC. Castle is really the only choice for speed running since they don’t cut out like every other manufacturer.

Agree with above, you are seeing an amperage/power cut with the ESC.

You can sometimes extend the throttle pull to take longer to reduce the amperage load, but in the end, if you want to pursue speed runs more you will want to get an XLX2 or MMX8s ESC.

If you want to go just around 100 mph a MM2 or MMX6s would work decent, but the bigger ESCs are recommended because the speed bug bites and you will always want more :LOL:

I disagree with the above to a certain extent, tho they prolly right and I don't know jack.. I would try 2 3s lipo's in parrallel and see what happens.. could just be voltage sag from the single pack!? 🧐

I disagree with the above to a certain extent, tho they prolly right and I don't know jack.. I would try 2 3s lipo's in parrallel and see what happens.. could just be voltage sag from the single pack!? 🧐
This is a good point.

You could be hitting LVC or low voltage cut-off. Or its a combination of both. If that ESC has the ability to adjust LVC you could try turning that setting down or off first.

All of the above, but check dimensions if you get a new ESC. The XLX2 is a HUGE block.

Highly suggest to just gear down and control your finger first. First item needed is a driver upgrade ;)
😇
Don't fall down the rabbithole of spending money 'first' before you understand the issue.
New ESC drives a new motor and new Lipos plus a harder crash. You can go fast with less money, just see other examples on the Vendetta on this forum.

Once again agreed with the above.

Also no point of dumping $500 into a rig if your roads wont support speeds over X mph.
I like to look for 12ft per mph. So for 100mph look for a road that is 1200 ft.

For 150 mph I like to run about 1800-2400 ft distance.

IF you don't have great roads then seriously save your self some money and heart ache. Just start out with something simple like a BLX 6s motor and ESC and just shoot for 100 mph.

Since I am relatively new to the RC world, wondering what that means when I am doing a speed run and I am about all the way in the throttle and the car automatically slows down until I let off the throttle and then it goes back to normal? I am running the stock 3900 motor with an upgraded Spektrum firma 130 amp ESC a up graded 32t pinion gear. My battery is a spectrum 3S 100 C battery

Do I have too large of gear in there?
Its the Stocker electrics (ESC) for the most part. Garbage. Taller gearing will make it even worse.
Drop your "Punch setting" all the way down when Speed running, and work on your throttle finger better.
If you don't know what the ESC Punch setting is, and the other Paramater settings, well you need to learn fast.
Punch is all the way down for serious Speed running. How it is done.

Lie
Its the Stocker electrics (ESC) for the most part. Garbage. Taller gearing will make it even worse.
Drop your "Punch setting" all the way down when Speed running, and work on your throttle finger better.
If you don't know what the ESC Punch setting is, and the other Paramater settings, well you need to learn fast.
Punch is all the way down for serious Speed running. How it is done.
Lies I say!! @SrC, you my dog but you really are a stone cold hater on all things Spektrum!! 🤣

giphy (3) (1).gif

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back