Vendetta Vendetta New Servo & AVC issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Monsieur_velo

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Outcast 4s
  3. Vendetta
Hi,

Just installed a new servo in my vendetta. It's a JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV 21KG Large Torque 180°. I installed the same one on my bigrock and immediately noticed an increase in the speed / responsiveness of steering so thought I do the same on vendetta as it appeared to be a good cheap upgrade.

Anyway I've just taken it for a trial spin and noticed its pulling to badly one side with the new servo. However if I turn off the AVC completely it works fine and seems better than stock servo. I've centered steering etc.

I'm assuming the AVC isn't playing nicely with a faster more powerful servo. Any ideas? Newbie to hobby so maybe I've missed something very obvious.

Cheers

Neil

PS

Think it's fixed now. Disabled then enabled AVC, rebound and recalibrated transmitter / receiver. Looks like it could have fixed issue. Although it's too dark and cold to try for very long outside in UK now.

Last edited:
you need to reset your steering endpoints.

Did you go through the whole AVC calibration procedure after setting the trims?

D88B78BB-FAAE-46A2-8F9B-6405856ACFCC.jpeg

There is alot of steering slop to begin with. May or may not be an issue here.
I would look over the whole wheel alignment again. Something changed when you did the servo swap. I can't see how AVC has anything to do with it. But just might be.
But....make sure AVC initializes, after powering the radio first, then the Rig. The RIG must be absolutely level when you switch it ON so the AVC gyro can initialize and calibrate neutral/ straight steering. And yes, some servo's will work better with an AVC/Gyro than others. Been there. Not a fan of Spektrum AVC. Standalone Gyros are way better. More consiten and easier to set the Gain. Always start with the lowest AVC gain you need. I always end up with like 10% gain or less. Most any type of Gyro I use. Also Try rebinding the the Radio and AVC reciever again. May be a glitch. been there also. Can work at times.
The above aside, in general the Vendetta is hard to keep straight. Torque steer and all. And there's no droop setting. Also check your 4 Shock's preload.

Ok. So I disabled then enabled AVC, rebound and recalibrated transmitter / receiver. Looks like it could have fixed issue as tested this am. However now when I adjust steering rate knob it reduces steering. I think AVC is still working as wheels pivot when hold car off ground and pivot rear end manually.

So I went through receiver bind again and it's fixed issue steering knob now does AVC. Everything working as usual 😁👍

Last edited:
I'm new to game. On my 3rd servo. First 2 spectrums burned up. On a Team Associated Reedy 1514MG Digital HV Metal Gear Servo 15kg ASC27111 Servo. Reset car to factory settings. Reset end points. Didn't touch the avc. Noticed car under full throttle and full brake it's auto turns to the right. And doesn't adjust back unless I tell it. Should I reset the avc? Even with the avc fully back off on transmitter. It still does it.

I'm at a loss. I've only had the car 2 months. And maybe have 2 hours of road use.

Hi,

Just installed a new servo in my vendetta. It's a JX Ecoboost CLS6322HV 21KG Large Torque 180°. I installed the same one on my bigrock and immediately noticed an increase in the speed / responsiveness of steering so thought I do the same on vendetta as it appeared to be a good cheap upgrade.

Anyway I've just taken it for a trial spin and noticed its pulling to badly one side with the new servo. However if I turn off the AVC completely it works fine and seems better than stock servo. I've centered steering etc.

I'm assuming the AVC isn't playing nicely with a faster more powerful servo. Any ideas? Newbie to hobby so maybe I've missed something very obvious.

Cheers

Neil

PS

Think it's fixed now. Disabled then enabled AVC, rebound and recalibrated transmitter / receiver. Looks like it could have fixed issue. Although it's too dark and cold to try for very long outside in UK now.
Check the voltage on the servo what it's max is. 6v is normal but the Spektrum ESCs most are set at 7.4v BEC so a matching servo is a must. Maybe that's it. The BEC voltage can be changed tho to 6v with reprogramming. It's shows factory settings in the manual. Pretty sure it's 7.4v on Vendetta. My 3s Infraction is and they are same platform.

Check the voltage on the servo what it's max is. 6v is normal but the Spektrum ESCs most are set at 7.4v BEC so a matching servo is a must. Maybe that's it. The BEC voltage can be changed tho to 6v with reprogramming. It's shows factory settings in the manual. Pretty sure it's 7.4v on Vendetta. My 3s Infraction is and they are same platform.
The Servo is 7.4v max
The ESC says 6.0v or 7.4v in the part description online for both the car page and esc page. The manual where it shows ESC tuning shows level 1 at 6.0v. Level 2 and up the box is blank.
Other than that, I have no clue where else to look to know what it's set to.

The Servo is 7.4v max
The ESC says 6.0v or 7.4v in the part description online for both the car page and esc page. The manual where it shows ESC tuning shows level 1 at 6.0v. Level 2 and up the box is blank.
Other than that, I have no clue where else to look to know what it's set to.
I re read the thread. Sounds like you got it fixed. Great deal man!

Maybe this will help. May have to save em & zoom in. Looks like the Vendetta comes set 6.0v & has no 7.4v. My bad. My Infraction has both.

Screenshot_20230923_191920_Drive.jpg

Screenshot_20230923_191935_Drive.jpg

This is my Infraction 3s Blx with truck body & later & got the Mustang body.

Attachments

• 20221218_131730.jpg
    20221218_131730.jpg
    486.2 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230428_180620.jpg
    20230428_180620.jpg
    320.3 KB · Views: 27
  • 20230603_143203.jpg
    20230603_143203.jpg
    409.7 KB · Views: 42
Last edited:
Maybe this will help. May have to save em & zoom in. Looks like the Vendetta comes set 6.0v & has no 7.4v. My bad. My Infraction has both.

View attachment 323751

View attachment 323752
This is my Infraction 3s Blx with truck body & later & got the Mustang body.
I disabled avc then enabled it, issue went went away. I reset end points and run 20% gain runs fine now.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back