Venting MX28 HP's

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ThrasherRC

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Outcast 6s
Is it ok to use the sharpened brass tube method to vent belted badlands? Or is there a better method? Just didn't know if it would compromise the belt.

Unless I put my rigs away until summer, getting muddy is pretty much unavoidable.

Unless I put my rigs away until summer, getting muddy is pretty much unavoidable.
Yeah I wash mine after every session they get dirty. Which is almost every one. Blow em down. Cover ESC and motor fans with aluminum foil. Wash em down. Blow em dry. Wipe em down. Spray with wd 40. Haven’t had any issues and not a single bolt or nut gets rusty.

Yeah I wash mine after every session they get dirty. Which is almost every one. Blow em down. Cover ESC and motor fans with aluminum foil. Wash em down. Blow em dry. Wipe em down. Spray with wd 40. Haven’t had any issues and not a single bolt or nut gets rusty.
Yeah, same here pretty much. I always take the power module out and clean behind/under it as well. That and maintain/replace bearings as needed.

I knew @Rich Duperbash tested these a few months ago and I decided to watch it again to see if he talks about venting. He doesn't in the video but he does in the comments. I have to wonder if the people who are saying that it will ruin the belts have actually tried it or not. I'm venting mine for sure.

Screenshot_20211105-084957_YouTube.jpg

I knew @Rich Duperbash tested these a few months ago and I decided to watch it again to see if he talks about venting. He doesn't in the video but he does in the comments. I have to wonder if the people who are saying that it will ruin the belts have actually tried it or not. I'm venting mine for sure.

View attachment 178379
Yo thanks for digging and getting us a solid answer 🤝🤝

I run the MX 28 HP's on a rig. I vented mine and they have held up perfect for over a year. I used my soldering iron with an 1/8" round tip, melted 2 holes clean through 180 degrees apart. Smelled HORRIBLE but worked.

20211105_191026[1].jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back