Hole size for Tyre venting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I prefer to use a EC5 bullet, which is 4mm. I do two holes 180° apart on my 6s rigs and four holes 90° apart on my 8s rigs.

Same here. But I also bought a 1/8" one also…. i use it as a punch to remove the little rubber nipples from the 3/16" tube…
I also sharpen the edge of the tubing a little also…. Makes the cut quicker and never twist the tire then…
1F351F85-0E1C-4310-AEDB-71AB262A8EE5.png

I use the 3/16 hollow brass tubing you can get at Home Depot or Lowes .

Maybe…. I am a tattooist (21 years now) and pierced for about 10 years also… you would need a pretty big guage. Maybe a 6 gauge needle… And would need to remove the tire to go through it like needed possibly…. Although, a Piercing needle has a tri bevel edge… you may be able to pinch the tire enough to get the whole point through. But that would be about 1/4 inch on a 6 guage…. Roughly….. you can try but not sure how the cut would be….

So would a pierceing needle work? Those are hollow also. But not sure if they punch a hole the same.

Maybe…. I am a tattooist (21 years now) and pierced for about 10 years also… you would need a pretty big guage. Maybe a 6 gauge needle… And would need to remove the tire to go through it like needed possibly…. Although, a Piercing needle has a tri bevel edge… you may be able to pinch the tire enough to get the whole point through. But that would be about 1/4 inch on a 6 guage…. Roughly….. you can try but not sure how the cut would be….
F'n perfect answer! Lol. Cool. Id prob go a diff route then lol. I know a couple tattooist so coulda had easy access

Digging up and old thread for some help. Is this hole to big? Badlands 2.8 for reference. I used a 3/16 brass tube. Wasn’t my best work that’s for sure.

D886024D-5357-4360-A594-D9552B49D8C9.jpeg

Yeah after looking at the inner hole (2mm) on the wheel I realized it was way to big.
It’s fine, I run all my rigs with 3/16” holes in the tires. 🤙
Closer to center tho.. 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back