Very Minimal Power To Servo

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Hey guys, I've pretty much been through the ringer of troubleshooting, but maybe someone can still chime in and help figure this out. Last time I took my K6 out I noticed that it made very wide turns, the servo appeared to be barely turning the wheels. I held the front end off the ground & the wheels turned freely, but when placed back on the ground the front wheels barely moved. So I figured I probably just fried my servo and ordered another one. Installed new servo, set endpoints, and its still doing the same frigging thing! 🤬 So from that point I narrowed it down to either ESC or Rx/Tx. I plugged my servo up while still installed in the K6 into the RX on my Fireteam. Powered on the FT and the servo moved the much more forcefully. So then I plugged the FT servo into my K6 RX and the wheels barely moved again. Lastly, I plugged in a Reedy ESC I had laying around into the K6 RX, resulted in the same sluggish servo function. So at this point I'm pretty sure it has to be the RX, it can't be anything else. I'm running a 2200kv Castle motor w/ Axial Vanguard XL esc. RX is SR315 and TX is SLT3. I'm looking at a DumboRC combo to replace the current tx/rx.

It’s your servo saver my friend. I recommend buying this:

Hot Racing AON48A02 Arrma 1/8 Aluminum Servo Saver Tube w/ Clamping Nut
I don't think it's the servo saver. Only because when I plugged the servo into my FT, it moved with the correct force & speed. It was still physically installed into the Kraton when I did this. This why I'm leaning more towards tx/rx issue here.

I don't think it's the servo saver. Only because when I plugged the servo into my FT, it moved with the correct force & speed. It was still physically installed into the Kraton when I did this. This why I'm leaning more towards tx/rx issue here.

Check the voltage output on that channel.. it's really all you can do to confirm your thoughts...

Depending on ESC I would check ESC BEC voltage setting see if it got dropped to something like 5.4v from a higher setting. Out side of this take the RX from your fire team run you kraton ESC to with with the servo to rule out ESC if BEC is correctly set. The you will know if its RX/TX or ESC.

Ah I thought you were actually moving the servo around. But you’re just switching the wires.

So apparently there was something wrong with the TX/RX. I dropped in a new DumboRC combo and everything is working properly again. Well, that was a new one in my book of problems lol 🤷

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back