How do servo arms and teeth affect turning power

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Miata_meistro

I 💖Truggies
ArrmaForum Fan
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 4s
  2. Talion
So im taking apart my scx 10 iii and as I took of the arm and servo I noticed there are little teeth . Is it like gearing where the more teeth the more steering torque or is the torque based solely on the electronics inside the servo

The teeth you see where the servo arm/horn is attatched are simply called "Splines" (it's not a gear at all ) and capture/attatch the splines of the Arm/horn firmly. The splines need to match each other. There are different spline "counts" for some servos so the arm splines must be a match to the servo's output shaft splines, that's all.
>>>Has nothing to do with servo torque at all. The Servo torque is based on the Gear train's gear reduction, the servo's motor used, and the ESC's BEC Voltage used to power the servo. Usually 6v or 7.4v. This depends on the what ESC you are running. This Info. should be in the ESC's manual.

Last edited:
Spline or tooth count has no bearing on strength or speed of things necessarily. The effective length of the servo arm will definitely make a difference. The longer the arm, or distance from the servo output shaft to steering link, the faster and further the steering will move. At the expense of torque... shorter servo arm will have more torque to turn the wheels, but will be slower with less throw.

Spline or tooth count has no bearing on strength or speed of things necessarily. The effective length of the servo arm will definitely make a difference. The longer the arm, or distance from the servo output shaft to steering link, the faster and further the steering will move. At the expense of torque... shorter servo arm will have more torque to turn the wheels, but will be slower with less throw.
So shorter arm for slow stuff longer arms for speed

With the exception of a coupla other butthurts not enjoying my sense of humor, you’re the only one that gives me 😡 faces😂

Did you get a 1/5 TRUGGY yet? You could put your other smaller scale TRUGGIES next to the 1/5th TRUGGY. Should look like little TRUGLETS feeding off momma. 😂

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back