Register and gain access to Discussions, Reviews, Tech Tips, How to Articles, and much more - on the largest Arrma RC community for RC enthusiasts that covers all aspects of the Arrma-RC brand!

Register Today It's free! This box will disappear once registered!

VLX and Granite

Discussion in 'Granite 2WD' started by Pro4XBlizzard, Sep 23, 2015.

1. Pro4XBlizzard

Pro4XBlizzard Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Hey everyone!!

I am currently looking into upgrading my BLS Granite motor. She runs in all conditions so a waterproof setup is needed. I have no issues with the stock 80A ESC and want to keep it if its compatible.I want more power at a reasonable cost. I was thinking the Velineon or Trinity TrakZilla..........Any thoughts?

2. Unusual RC

Unusual RC Moderator
    Staff Member Premium Member

Arrma RC's:
    Fury, Mojave
    Are you sure you are talking about the BLS? This one had only a 2S maximum 40A brushless controller.

The Traxxas Velineon motor needs an 80 amp controller.
    And compared to the BLX 1/10 Arrma esc. motor combo it will not bring you anything more.

And if you want to upgrade both the BLS esc. and motor it is advisable to upgrade the gears and diff to the BLX metal version

3. Pro4XBlizzard

Pro4XBlizzard Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    You are probably right. The rep said it was an 80. I don't know for sure. I did have the BLX diff in mind.

4. WoodiE

WoodiE Kind of good admin
    Staff Member

Welcome to ArrmaForum @Pro4XBlizzard. While brushless is a pretty nice upgrade, you'll want to follow what Unusual RC suggests regarding upgrading the drivetrain as well. Otherwise you'll simply do more damage than fun.

5. Darren Wes

Darren Wes Well-Known Member

Arrma RC's:
    Granite
    Had a mega Upgraded to 120a sensorless esc and 38kv non sensored 4pole (like blx) on 3s and have not needed any upgrade for the trans. Or diff. Just saying

The traxxas t and emaxx which both are heavier and more powerfull use simmilar plastic of 32p gears in their transmissions

I can suggest just getting a 120a esc and 3800kv 4 pole like me, just baby it at first so you don't tear it apart... the transmission is pretty strobg for the amount of abuse i give it

• Welcome to Arrma Forum

Arrma Forum is a Arrma RC fan site that was started to give Arrma RC enthusiasts a place to come together and discuss and share their experiences with the entire Arrma-RC product line, such as the Arrma Kraton, Arrma Talion, and Arrma Granite.

We welcome all Arrma RC enthusiasts, both new and old, racers and bashers that share a common goal - a willingness to help and learn.
  • Disclaimer