Vorteks Vorteks replacement shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bournidle

Reaction score
May as we replace the shocks now. Anyone any suggestions?

IMG_20210506_185656.jpg

This is what I have found so far.

Arrma Vortex 4x4 BLX.
  • Stock front shocks for the Arrma Vorteks are 87mm eye to eye.
  • Stock rear shocks for the Arrma Vorteks are 109mm eye to eye.

Arrma Limitless/Infraction/Felony

Unfortunately these are the only Arrma shocks that are close in length to the stock shocks the shock springs are way to stiff and I cannot find any shock springs that are close in weight and length.

Arrma Mojave 6s shocks.

These shocks will only work on the rear of the Vortex.

You will want springs pn ARA330637 these are the closest Arrma springs to the stock Vorteks spring in stiffness, they are slightly stiffer, 1.13N/mm (6.5lb/in) vs 1.06N/mm (6.05lbf/in) for the stock Vorteks rear springs, the springs are the same length 70mm.

Armma Talion 6s shocks.

You will want springs pn ARA330637 these are the closest Arrma springs to the stock Vorteks spring in stiffness, they are slightly stiffer, 1.13N/mm (6.5lb/in) vs 1.06N/mm (6.05lbf/in) for the stock Vorteks rear springs, the springs are the same length 70mm.

Traxxas GTR Shocks.

Get VG Racing springs. https://www.vgracing.com/product/GTR_Springs.html

I believe TLR 22 SCT 3.0 shocks are 90mm front, 110mm rear.

Yeah the Powerstrokes for the Slash should work as well. I stayed up super late last night updating the shock thread then searching for shocks, I must have spent like 30 minutes trying to find springs to run on the Felony/Infraction/Limitless shocks. I might dig into it a bit tonight or in the morning.

The cheapo eBay Slash shocks as well.

Do keep in mind you might have to get creative as far as the upper shock mount goes.

I believe TLR 22 SCT 3.0 shocks are 90mm front, 110mm rear.

The shocks for the DB Pro are close, they are 85 and 100, maybe run DB Pro fronts and SCT rears?

Replace with stock shock/shaft/rod and tower for now as one option.
I think that this was major user error. I don't think trying to bend that shaft back will be any good.
I had bad luck with a set of PL shocks, that leaked out the box. Cust Support was a zero, even after sending them back to look at. Parts were hard to source from PL also. Just my experience.

Replace with stock shock/shaft/rod and tower for now as one option.
I think that this was major user error. I don't think trying to bend that shaft back will be any good.
I had bad luck with a set of PL shocks, that leaked out the box. Cust Support was a zero, even after sending them back to look at. Parts were hard to source from PL also. Just my experience.
I heard that a lot about them when searching for shocks for my 4Pede, everyone said go with GTRs. They are really nice but not cheap.

The TRX shocks are actually very good. I have TRX GTS shocks in my all my Axial crawlers now after trying many others. They make a good bottom cartridge in most of their shocks. Rarely leak if you know how to build shocks well enough.
They do make some good shocks. Got them from JennysRC for a song.

The TRX shocks are actually very good. I have TRX GTS shocks in my all my Axial crawlers now after trying many others. They make a good bottom cartridge in most of their shocks. Rarely leak if you know how to build shocks well enough.
They do make some good shocks. Got them from JennysRC for a song.
I want a set of the TRX4 shocks for my SCX10-II.

I got the hot racing top part for the rebuild since the chasis is about the same for the granite and the Voteks, maybe the shafts are out there to, i hope that helps.

I got the hot racing top part for the rebuild since the chasis is about the same for the granite and the Voteks, maybe the shafts are out there to, i hope that helps.
What Hot Racing top part?

ahhh well they for the rear so insure do hope they work. I havnt been able to find a proper replacement yet and man i wanna run this NOW!!!! lol

ahhh well they for the rear so insure do hope they work. I havnt been able to find a proper replacement yet and man i wanna run this NOW!!!! lol
Well, you might be able to make them fit but they are definitely gonna be too long. If you had got the HR front shock bodies for the Granite it probably would've been a better fit on the rear of the Vorteks.

Well, you might be able to make them fit but they are definitely gonna be too long. If you had got the HR front shock bodies for the Granite it probably would've been a better fit on the rear of the Vorteks.
hmm maybe ill do just that.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back