Vorteks Vorteks replacement shocks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I worked pretty good for the back shocks, although the rod and stuff was bent and till needs replacement along with now the front shocks cuz i need to learn to drive, lol.

camera 641.jpg

Some TLR shocks I’m testing.

Oddly, the stock rear shocks are longer than the arms fully extend, so being shorter doesn’t hurt anything.
79F92C2A-05D1-46C4-ACAB-2F4C525F459E.jpeg

the fronts are back in stock and the springs are also, separate of course but the rear on still on back order till June i think but the ones work good. the ones above look pretty good to its always good to be up and running Oh yeah Razor man thanks for the gabillon videos tips and advice given here bro your a God send esp for folks like me. I just had to tell i really appreciate ya.

the fronts are back in stock and the springs are also, separate of course but the rear on still on back order till June i think but the ones work good. the ones above look pretty good to its always good to be up and running Oh yeah Razor man thanks for the gabillon videos tips and advice given here bro your a God send esp for folks like me. I just had to tell i really appreciate ya.

Thanks for the kind words. You’re welcome!

Over the weekend my daughter bought herself the Vorteks and I got the Granite BLX V3. We had soo much fun with these and two Granite volatage. However the Granite BLX and Vorteks collided head on. the Front right shock's metal shaft snapped. She is taking it to a hoppy shop to find replacement shocks Wednesday (closest shop is pretty fay/45 miles). I'll post the shock model # should we find a decent replacement/upgrade. I may pick up some for mine as well.

Yeah. After driving my Vorteks hard for the last month and considering the short shock towers…I think it’s a great ride with the stock shocks. So I bought an extra set from Jenny’s. I’ll probably get another set here soon. I mean they’re solid. They don’t leak and they have fantastic action.

I’ll put my money for upgraded shocks on my granite and my wife’s big rock. And my future typhon. Near future Typhon…🤫
Here is a set of shocks that may work pretty good on the Vorteks. ZD Racing threaded aluminum bodies. The rears are 105mm and fronts are 85mm. Might be slightly longer but still should work good. $22 for a full set of front and rear shocks.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B08H5C93F...abc_RWM9CM0RNRJPKYRAGVBQ?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1
View attachment 147059
Man, These shocks can handle a 5 pound Voltage…barely. I have them on all three of my voltages and they struggle. I just finished fixing bent shock rods on two rear shocks.

My voltages way 5.4 pounds with batteries. My Vorteks is 8.8 pounds with battery.

Yeah. After driving my Vorteks hard for the last month and considering the short shock towers…I think it’s a great ride with the stock shocks. So I bought an extra set from Jenny’s. I’ll probably get another set here soon. I mean they’re solid. They don’t leak and they have fantastic action.

I’ll put my money for upgraded shocks on my granite and my wife’s big rock. And my future typhon. Near future Typhon…🤫

Man, These shocks can handle a 5 pound Voltage…barely. I have them on all three of my voltages and they struggle. I just finished fixing bent shock rods on two rear shocks.

My voltages way 5.4 pounds with batteries. My Vorteks is 8.8 pounds with battery.
When I posted that I didn't realize how small they actually were. Just looked at the length.

When I posted that I didn't realize how small they actually were. Just looked at the length.
Yup. Initially I got a set to replace the rears, Kraton or Mojave I forget which. Ended up putting them on my wife’s big rock after I ordered the other set to complete that car. The vortex performs very nice just as it is. I mean I’m gonna upgrade The things I break, motor mount and so forth, but shocks seem fine.

Some TLR shocks I’m testing.

Oddly, the stock rear shocks are longer than the arms fully extend, so being shorter doesn’t hurt anything.
View attachment 146727
Be very interested to hear your results with these. They’re bound to be something I change sooner or later on Grace’s vorteks, once the run time is sorted. They’re certainly nicer looking but is the shaft any thicker ?

Be very interested to hear your results with these. They’re bound to be something I change sooner or later on Grace’s vorteks, once the run time is sorted. They’re certainly nicer looking but is the shaft any thicker ?

I don’t know what Arrma shocks are, but these have 3.5mm shafts.

They’re excellent shocks, just expensive and I don’t know if you can even get them. I previously used them on my Hoss.

They’re excellent shocks, just expensive and I don’t know if you can even get them. I previously used them on my Hoss.

I'm pretty sure the Arrma stock 3s shock shafts are 3mm and the 6s shafts are 4mm.

yeah. A quick search didnt yield any of the main UK retailers with them but there may be other TLR shocks that fit just fine - Theres an SCT 3.0 now, I believe.

yeah. A quick search didnt yield any of the main UK retailers with them but there may be other TLR shocks that fit just fine - Theres an SCT 3.0 now, I believe.
The DB Pro shocks should fit.

OK, the exact shocks I'm running are TLR 22SCT 2.0 shocks, the 3.0 looks like it's almost exactly the same, just with an extra 2mm length in the front shocks. My shocks are slightly shorter than stock in the front, so the 3.0 shocks should be perfect.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back