Vorteks Vorteks wheel choices...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Vorteks on it's way(either today or tomorrow) and I have been looking up mods done to the car while I wait. The biggest impact for me is the wheels. I love the way the stock tires look, so I'll likely run them until they're bald.

However, I am still looking for upgrades for when the time comes. I see a lot of people using 2.8MT wheels/tires like the PL Badlands and Trenchers for example. But since this is a stadium truck, why isn't anyone running the ST variants of those wheels or any others? I noticed that without the 10mm offset adapters from Hot Racing, the wheels will definitely rub.

Also, for anyone that can answer this, is it possible to remove and mount new tires to a pre existing wheel after the tires have met their match? I actually really like the stock wheel design on the Vorteks.

I fully agree that you should use the ST version of tires, not MT. My Duratrax SixPacks have been working really well on dirt.

I haven't experienced that with Trenchers on my Typhon 3s. For me, the Trenchers have been great on grass and pavement, but I'm not close to an area with loose dirt to try them on that type of surface. I am particularly surprised how well the Trenchers grip on pavement.
I guess it depends on what you're driving. My badlands handle grass and dirt really well. On the street, they're not awful but not nearly as grippy as street tires are. But that's fine, my big rock is a basher and stunt truck, not a speed and street basher. I'm sure both cars would perform great at a skate park.

I haven't experienced that with Trenchers on my Typhon 3s. For me, the Trenchers have been great on grass and pavement, but I'm not close to an area with loose dirt to try them on that type of surface. I am particularly surprised how well the Trenchers grip on pavement.
same i use them on my kraton on concrete loose dirt grass clay and sand and it grips really well on all of those

same i use them on my kraton on concrete loose dirt grass clay and sand and it grips really well on all of those
I've never been able to get any sort of grip on loose dry dirt, or grass. My 3.8 bandito mt's hook up better on grass than my trenchers

I've never been able to get any sort of grip on loose dry dirt, or grass. My 3.8 bandito mt's hook up better on grass than my trenchers
they aren't the best choice for purely grass or loose dirt but they are pretty good but on wet dirt mud packed dirt natural clay the grip is pretty insane on a heavier car for me

So far ive tried those lockups was gonna grab the banditos but thought they would have looked ugly… anyway i forget who makes this “brand” of tire but if u look up banditos im sure u will find something…. Not many options yet, tge belted lockups are performing nice tho. Honestly i really like the stockers too they are nice tires.

Banditos are yet another tyre from the extrmely prolific Duratrax and have a road-style tread.
I find it very hard to choose between some of them them, tho I do see that the ST Lockups have a much larger diameter than the STR Sixpacks. Not sure whether thats good or bad. I guess it adds some ground clearance.

Yes you can mount used rims to new tires by simply boiling the tires and eventually the glue will fail and boom fresh tire foam and rims
A trick I use is ice cream pail. Put rocks in the bottom of the pail pour acetone in. About 3/8 of an inch. Put rims and tires in cover with lid and leave for a couple days. Presto rim and tire separate quite nicely

I saw those. Been thinking about it but I want to be able to run up on the dirt and grass every once in a while too. I doubt those will hold up for that kind of driving.
I bought the street tires mentioned above and any time I go fast the car wobbles like crazy. I thought it was the car then put the original tires back on and it didn’t do it. I don’t know why this is happening.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back