Warby's Bitza Baja Bug build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warby

"Hurry up and wait"
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Hospitality Award
Rig of the Month Winner
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. ADX-10
  2. BigRock 4x4
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 6s
  5. Senton 3s
  6. Senton Mega
  7. Typhon 3s
  8. Typhon 6s
  9. Infraction 4x4
Warby's Bitza (Baja Bug) build

So I realised I had quite a lot of spare/used parts for my Arrma 4x4s, namely the Typhon, Bigrock and Senton. To utilise the bits and pieces I thought I'd make another car (aka Bitza). It's going to be a Baja bug style or at least that's what I'm aiming for.
I have ordered some parts - diffs, slipper assy, transmitter, Typhon axles. Some of that coming from overseas. I already have the LWB chassis, Proline baja bug body, 3660 motor, BLX100, Typhon suspension....... well everything in the photo below ++.

Not sure if the wheel width will be wide enough for the body. I want the wheels to be outside the wheel arches (I think). May have to use hub extenders or cut the fenders out. Already using Typhon arms and as far as I'm aware, they are the widest.

I'll keep you updated on the build.

20220220_180304.jpg

Last edited:
Warby's Bitza (Baja Bug) build

So I realised I had quite a lot of spare/used parts for my Arrma 4x4s, namely the Typhon, Bigrock and Senton. To utilise the bits and pieces I thought I'd make another car (aka Bitza). It's going to be a Baja bug style or at least that's what I'm aiming for.
I have ordered some parts - diffs, slipper assy, transmitter, Typhon axles. Some of that coming from overseas. I already have the LWB chassis, Proline baja bug body, 3660 motor, BLX100, Typhon suspension....... well everything in the photo below ++.

Not sure if the wheel width will be wide enough for the body. I want the wheels to be outside the wheel arches (I think). May have to use hub extenders or cut the fenders out. Already using Typhon arms and as far as I'm aware, they are the widest.

I'll keep you updated on the build.

View attachment 201366
Having fun watching this here. What is the white brace thing at the front of your chassis? Also, what’s going on with the servo saver?

Having fun watching this here. What is the white brace thing at the front of your chassis? Also, what’s going on with the servo saver?
Yes it should be something different. Not sure how it will end up. Just a fun project to use some parts I have.

The brace is a aluminum support I made to repair the broken chassis. It was only fractured so thought I'd try to reuse it. I have a spare new chassis if needed so no loss if it fails again.
Servo saver? Its all good.

Looks like a fun project!

I think I run that same body on my SCT410, with some old-style badlands 2.8 tires. Great fun as a basher. The tall round body helps it roll back on it's wheels a lot. Plus bashing a bug is just fun, for some reason. :)

Looks like a fun project!

I think I run that same body on my SCT410, with some old-style badlands 2.8 tires. Great fun as a basher. The tall round body helps it roll back on it's wheels a lot. Plus bashing a bug is just fun, for some reason. :)
Not sure what tyres I'll be running. Will make that call last I guess. See what fits and looks best once the body is painted and fitted.

Here is a pic of mine, with the OG badlands. This was back when the paint was new... LOL These tires are not as wide or aggressive as the newer Badland MX2.8 tires.

View attachment 201664
Great job and nice blue. Not sure what colour scheme I'll be doing. I have black and gun metal ps paints but was thinking maybe a heritage 70's looks. I haven't had much experience with painting rc bodies so I'll probably end up keeping it simple.

Wheelbase looks about right.

View attachment 201617
Which proline body is that exactly? It seems to fit the lwb chassis nicely.
Here is a pic of mine, with the OG badlands. This was back when the paint was new... LOL These tires are not as wide or aggressive as the newer Badland MX2.8 tires.

View attachment 201664
Very nice!

There’s two pro line Baja bodies right? Yours is the one that’s not described as full fender I think. And the one OP is posting about is the full fender version? Which car is it sitting on?

Love the old badlands, I need to find a set of those lol.

Mine is the Proline Baja Bug for Slash. Note - most all SCT's have the same wheelbase and body mount positions, so most Slash bodies will fit most SCTs.

Proline makes several Bug bodies, this one is the one I bought -
https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...ar-slash-requires-trimming-pro3238-62/p141349
Ok cool thank you! Yeah I’ve figured out the basics on wheel base and so forth but I still make mistakes so do everything I can to make sure something will fit.

Which proline body is that exactly? It seems to fit the lwb chassis nicely.

Very nice!

There’s two pro line Baja bodies right? Yours is the one that’s not described as full fender I think. And the one OP is posting about is the full fender version? Which car is it sitting on?

Love the old badlands, I need to find a set of those lol.
Yeah, I didn't notice that his is the full fender. Still, Bug Love. :)

Chassis is a SCT410.

Edit - they have started making the older badlands on the new Raid rim -
https://www.amainhobbies.com/prolin...wheels-black-2-m2-pro1173-10/p982472?v=969879
So get a set of the 14mm hexes, and you are good to go! :)

Had some parts arrive over the last week. Build will start soon. There's been delays in getting parts due to the floods over east-coast Australia. Worst floods in like 50 years. My thoughts are with them. Its really bad over there. I also work away for 2 weeks at a time so added delays. Thanks for your patience those that are following.

20220311_091341.jpg

"It's going to be awesome" 😆 😆 :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Old news I know but still funny
(y) Recently watched that video, crazy he didn't get pulled over.

I've been considering a bug body for awhile. I think you need Senton bumpers if you want them to extend past the body. I can't be sure, but I think the bumpers of the rest of the 3s line end up tucked under the Proline body.

Some of my favorite Baja Bug paint jobs
Proline

Tamiya Sand Scorcher

Tamiya Blitzer Beettle

(y) Recently watched that video, crazy he didn't get pulled over.

I've been considering a bug body for awhile. I think you need Senton bumpers if you want them to extend past the body. I can't be sure, but I think the bumpers of the rest of the 3s line end up tucked under the Proline body.

Some of my favorite Baja Bug paint jobs
Proline

Tamiya Sand Scorcher

Tamiya Blitzer Beettle
Thanks for the vids. Good inspiration. I have seen the one by "Mechanic after hours" and it's awesome.

Yes I have a set of senton bumpers and body mounts if I need them. Not sure if I'll use them or not. I'll just play it by ear. See what works and what looks good. I also have some old school spotlight. Still haven't decided what colour to paint the body either. Actually haven't decided what tyres to use either. Just winging it. 😆

Last edited:
Started to get the diffs ready. One had very little oil in it. Topped up both with 30k so with the existing 10k, front should by about 25k and rear about 15k.

20220312_141104.jpg

20220312_141127.jpg

Also made a see through gearbox cover for adjusting gear mesh more precisely.

20220312_141609.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back