Kraton Water-cooled XL Kraton

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The radiator might just be my favorite part of this lol

B3E943B2-51A9-4B9E-9927-095333540D11.jpeg

2271B0BF-5090-45BA-AB59-4493BD7D1D5B.jpeg

61FA329A-0FFD-43E1-BF74-2ECDC49B46E1.jpeg

I really do like the outside the box thinking here. So please take this as constructive criticism. I can’t imagine all those reducer fittings surviving long when bashing. Isn’t there a reducing elbow available for the motor sleeve to avoid using them?

Incredible idea! A+++ for effort but I cant see this cumbersome and heavy add-on making an impactful difference on disposable motors. All that extra weight the motor now has to push will create extra heat. Cooling comes from gearing, bottom line.

I really do like the outside the box thinking here. So please take this as constructive criticism. I can’t imagine all those reducer fittings surviving long when bashing. Isn’t there a reducing elbow available for the motor sleeve to avoid using them?
Reducing sleeves? Are you talking about the white colored quick connects for the hoses ?
Incredible idea! A+++ for effort but I cant see this cumbersome and heavy add-on making an impactful difference on disposable motors. All that extra weight the motor now has to push will create extra heat. Cooling comes from gearing, bottom line.
Well the thing is I’m trying to run some high gearing on a high rpm motor so my cooling will not be from gearing. And the stuff really isn’t that heavy at all the water is probably gonna be the heaviest thing I’m adding and their won’t be much of it. The damn 8s weights 30 lbs lol I’m sure the couple things I added will be fine. And if this system works as well as I think it will then the motor really isn’t gonna get that crazy hot but only time will tell!
I’m sure I could get a different elbow for the motor sleeve but I’m just trying to get the system going right now and see how well it works. If I need more flow through the water jackets then I will address that when the time comes but I don’t think it’s going to be an issue. The quick connects are pretty stout and hold the hoses very well and tightly. I actually have a lot of bashing faith in this system it all seems pretty solid and I jump very well and usually land on my sneakers and not sideways or upside down so it should be a lasting system!

Last edited:
Reducing sleeves? Are you talking about the white colored quick connects for the hoses ?

Well the thing is I’m trying to run some high gearing on a high rpm motor so my cooling will not be from gearing. And the stuff really isn’t that heavy at all the water is probably gonna be the heaviest thing I’m adding and their won’t be much of it. The damn 8s weights 30 lbs lol I’m sure the couple things I added will be fine. And if this system works as well as I think it will then the motor really isn’t gonna get that crazy hot but only time will tell!

I’m sure I could get a different elbow for the motor sleeve but I’m just trying to get the system going right now and see how well it works. If I need more flow through the water jackets then I will address that when the time comes but I don’t think it’s going to be an issue. The quick connects are pretty stout and hold the hoses very well and tightly. I actually have a lot of bashing faith in this system it all seems pretty solid and I jump very well and usually land on my sneakers and not sideways or upside down so it should be a lasting system!
My point is the added weight banging around due to the reducing quick connects is going to end up breaking something. The less mass you have moving around, the better.

My point is the added weight banging around due to the reducing quick connects is going to end up breaking something. The less mass you have moving around, the better.
They really don’t weight much and this will all be secured to the point where there will be almost no movement in the hoses or anything really. But I definitely get your point and will definitely be fine tuning things this is just a rough draft essentially using readily available plumbing parts that I found at the hardware store and such! These are “progress” pics ass in not finished yet can’t secure the hoses until I figure out where my reservoir is going and how much hose I need to get there, gotta possibly cut hoses or reroute them things like that before I fully secure everything into bash battle stance! Lol
As* lol

You may want to look into a nitro RC car fuel tank for the water tank.
Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Depending on run time you could run a smaller tank with ice water.
Definitely thought about the rc fuel tank that was literally the first thing I had in mind when I was brainstorming on this project! Great minds think alike! I just don’t think I have the room for it I was going to make a platform on the back and use that for the reservoirs but I didn’t want the added weight to the rear. My brother came up with mounting them on this cross brace we have with the platform in the middle of it, and I’m pretty sold on it since it keeps the tanks at more of the center gravity point on the truck and I don’t have to design a platform for the rear. The rc fuel tank would definitely need a platform idk how I could fit it inside the chassis but anything is possible!

Definitely thought about the rc fuel tank that was literally the first thing I had in mind when I was brainstorming on this project! Great minds think alike! I just don’t think I have the room for it I was going to make a platform on the back and use that for the reservoirs but I didn’t want the added weight to the rear. My brother came up with mounting them on this cross brace we have with the platform in the middle of it, and I’m pretty sold on it since it keeps the tanks at more of the center gravity point on the truck and I don’t have to design a platform for the rear. The rc fuel tank would definitely need a platform idk how I could fit it inside the chassis but anything is possible!
Seems like it would fit in the center of the truck, there is more room from the cab of the body. But then again, I don't know cause I don't' own one. You could probably mount a fuel tank on the same thing you mounted the reservoirs on, 3m sticky tape and zip ties lol.

Seems like it would fit in the center of the truck, there is more room from the cab of the body. But then again, I don't know cause I don't' own one. You could probably mount a fuel tank on the same thing you mounted the reservoirs on, 3m sticky tape and zip ties lol.
I think the 2 bottles I have now barely fit with the body on top but maybe I could raise the body up enough 🤔 idk. Capacity and how well this radiator works will determine if I need to go with bigger reservoirs, if I need more water then I’ll have to change it up!

I think the 2 bottles I have now barely fit with the body on top but maybe I could raise the body up enough 🤔 idk. Capacity and how well this radiator works will determine if I need to go with bigger reservoirs, if I need more water then I’ll have to change it up!
Yeah, another thing you could possibly do is mount fans to the reservoirs to keep the water in there cold. Don't know if it would even do anything worth while though, seems like another radiator would do that better. :unsure: You would know better than me, just throwing my ideas out there.

Yeah, another thing you could possibly do is mount fans to the reservoirs to keep the water in there cold. Don't know if it would even do anything worth while though, seems like another radiator would do that better. :unsure: You would know better than me, just throwing my ideas out there.
Haha hells ya dude I was thinking the same thing but it would be fruitless to do it with plastic reservoirs (I would think) I’ve been trying to dream up some sort of aluminum reservoir with cooling fins on it for either ambient air or putting a fan on it like you said! I was also probably going to run 2 fans on the water jackets that are on the motor and basically use them as a heat sink as well to help rid the heat from the water anyway and in as many ways as I can!
I
Haha hells ya dude I was thinking the same thing but it would be fruitless to do it with plastic reservoirs (I would think) I’ve been trying to dream up some sort of aluminum reservoir with cooling fins on it for either ambient air or putting a fan on it like you said! I was also probably going to run 2 fans on the water jackets that are on the motor and basically use them as a heat sink as well to help rid the heat from the water anyway and in as many ways as I can!
I’m also going to either run straight water with a cooling additive that helps is run cooler or run engine ice which is basically a coolant used for dirbikes and other alike off-road vehicles that already has the cooling agent mixed in and runs at cooler temps. Probably gonna try just water first to get a control temp then try engine ice and maybe straight water with the cooling agent in it and compare all 3 and see which runs at the coolest temp

You may want to look into a nitro RC car fuel tank for the water tank.
Looking forward to seeing how it goes.

Depending on run time you could run a smaller tank with ice water.
^^^Yeah pretty much how some nitro guys Ice their fuel, pre carb.

I think that the water lines need to be of uniform same I.D. throughout the water lines. Mixed larger lines and the smaller water lines may create less efficiency. The pump(s) are crictial here also. Pumping volume capacity matters here.
What pumps did you get?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/red-line-waterwetter-80204/7120012-p?c3ch=PLA&c3nid=7120012-P&adtype=&product_channel=Online&store_code=&msclkid=537e356c430a195afcba540b40889f22&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=b_lia_all_performance/functional/chemicals_radiator/treatments_gen_gen_all_pros_aap_us_all&utm_term=4580771607058750&utm_content=Bing_LIA_Performance & Functional Chemicals_Radiator Treatments_Conditioners&gclid=537e356c430a195afcba540b40889f22&gclsrc=3p.ds

Nice job.:cool:

I think that the water lines need to be of uniform same I.D. throughout the water lines. Mixed larger lines and the smaller water lines may create less efficiency. The pump(s) are crictial here also. Pumping volume capacity matters here.
What pumps did you get?

https://shop.advanceautoparts.com/p/red-line-waterwetter-80204/7120012-p?c3ch=PLA&c3nid=7120012-P&adtype=&product_channel=Online&store_code=&msclkid=537e356c430a195afcba540b40889f22&utm_source=bing&utm_medium=cpc&utm_campaign=b_lia_all_performance/functional/chemicals_radiator/treatments_gen_gen_all_pros_aap_us_all&utm_term=4580771607058750&utm_content=Bing_LIA_Performance & Functional Chemicals_Radiator Treatments_Conditioners&gclid=537e356c430a195afcba540b40889f22&gclsrc=3p.ds

Thanks dude! Ya the ice thing would be cool but I don’t want to be adding ice all the time and all that I want a system that is closed loop and I can turn it on and go and not have to worry about having ice for it to work well and what not. Plus the ice will just melt halfway through the run maybe idk lol talking out of my ass now but ya.
And I would definitely like the lines to be uniform is size like you said! Definitely better flow and efficiency that way but these are the biggest fittings that come on these water jackets that I could find like prebuilt I mean I will definitely be finding some bigger elbows for the water jackets so no reducers are needed. I figured for now tho to only have what I need of the small line and the rest be the bigger line for volume since the radiator and pump fittings are the same size as the bigger hose. I got a little 12v submersible pump for a computer cooling setup! I think there’s a picture of it on the first page of the thread in the initial picture dump! Nevermind that I got a pic here!

B11F5057-F807-462B-BF79-1E4D171CFE37.jpeg

Just run your RC on the bottom of a lake. EZ water cooling 👍🏽.
Always keep things simple
Just run your RC on the bottom of a lake. EZ water cooling 👍🏽.

Always keep things simple 🙂
Lol!! Believe it or not my dad has sunk his kraton in a canal twice and the thing was fine I’m pretty sure he’s on the same motor or the esc idk I think one took a poop and the other is still kicking from the water dunk times 🤣 pretty impressive either way

What pumps did you get?

Ayyyeeee just saw that link thanks! I’ll try that with water and see!

Definitely use water first.
Yessir! as I said previously I’m gonna do water first to get a control temp and then see if engine ice or water with cooling additive will be better or worse as far as temps go! I appreciate the tip on the cooling juice!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back