Water logged tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robot Dad

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Notorious
  3. Vorteks
Went in some pretty deep water today got back and realized all my stock tires for the notorious 6s v5 were completely water logged and 2 were torn from the rim on the outer sidewall.

1. Are they completely ruined or are the salvageable?

2. If they are salvageable how would I make sure they are dried out?

3. I thought the stock tires performed well, if they are toast should I go for another set of the same or look at others? (I mostly run on a baseball field and send it off ramps)

Thanks!!

Put holes into the outside of the tire, careful if you are drilling, it will catch and suck out the foam in a split of a second i.e. do it by hand.

Search for 'venting tires'. Once you have holes in the outside you can do a slow throttle pull on a stand. Suggest to not t=do that inside as the water will go everywhere.

You can re-glue tires with thin CA, assuming they are not torn in pieces and just came off of the rim.

https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/vented-tires.30422/#post-421314

Rich Duperbash has a nice video on youtube explaining how to vent the tire with a sharpened 1/8" brass tube. This is the method I use and it works very well.
iirc, Rich Duperbash has a nice video on youtube explaining how to vent the tire with a sharpened 1/8" brass tube. This is the method I use and it works very well.

3 Son's RC has a video on repairing tires:

There are plenty of videos on this (maybe some even better), but these are those I recall watching on the subject and they are quite helpful.

Last edited:
Any suggestions on aftermarket? I'm always hearing proline but I'm still extremely new to the hobby.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back