Kraton Weird metallic sound middle diff

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Arrmahelpmeplease

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Senton 3s
Hey,
Drove my kraton for the first time today. Decided to do wheelies by breaking and then full throttling. All of a sudden i heard a metallic sound when driving it. I checked the mid diff and motor gear but it doesn't seem to be stripped (The sound came from there). However i did notice that the plastic cup that holds the diff fluid popped open. Could that be causing the sound?

1680877744181.jpg

Hey,
Drove my kraton for the first time today. Decided to do wheelies by breaking and then full throttling. All of a sudden i heard a metallic sound when driving it. I checked the mid diff and motor gear but it doesn't seem to be stripped (The sound came from there). However i did notice that the plastic cup that holds the diff fluid popped open. Could that be causing the sound?

View attachment 291057

Yes, for sure.. that thing is smoked/ melted.. got way way to hot.. either not enough fluid or way to thin of fluid..

The only one left is amazon. The only one we had in Vienna left. I don't know of any other RC shops and ive looked for one for a while now.
Dang man that sucks.. you can see it all warped, it was prolly empty and when it got hot she split wide open!! Gotta do a thorough check of the rig when u pull it out the box!! 😭

Hey,

View attachment 291057
Check the pin that goes behind the spider on the spur gear and inside the diff those are the common problems,East tactics youtube channel have the solution for that all ready I bought that solution 👍

Hey,

View attachment 291057
Go to Jenny’s RC and buy the whole thing for about $40. Jenny’s is where to pick up all the spare parts you will need. CHEAP!

Hey,

View attachment 291057
First diff i smoked looked like that. Was so bad you couldnt even get the gears out of it. Now i just make a point to change fluids on a regular basis. Cheaper then buying diffs and gears.

First diff i smoked looked like that. Was so bad you couldnt even get the gears out of it. Now i just make a point to change fluids on a regular basis. Cheaper then buying diffs and gears.
Weirdly enough i now run a hobbxwing max 6 combo 1650kv and don't have any problems with the diff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back