Vorteks Weird sound at low speed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vortekyteky

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Vorteks
Hi, just put in new 2800kv motor and 130a esc, making different noise from the old setup. Is this normal? Running 3s. When up to speed the car is very quiet.

Sensorless motors don't care which way they spin. What was the old Kv? Did you change pinion size? Sounds ok to me a slightly smaller pinion might lessen the noise as others have mentioned it is cogging a little bit. If it was me and your temps are good I wouldn't worry about it.

Sensorless motors don't care which way they spin. What was the old Kv? Did you change pinion size? Sounds ok to me a slightly smaller pinion might lessen the noise as others have mentioned it is cogging a little bit. If it was me and your temps are good I wouldn't worry about it.
old was 3200kv, new is 2800kv. exact same 18t pinion, haven't ran properly yet, will be running on 4s when the batteries arrive.

Just so you know, I am also giving the thing the smallest possible throttle.

4s with more power would solve?
Sensorless motors don't care which way they spin
I had set it to CCW, turned it on and drove wrong way. swapped switch on transmitter which swapper the movement of the trigger, it was very fast in reverse but slow in forward. Changed to CW and now much faster going forwards. Assuming because I set reverse power to 25%?

old was 3200kv, new is 2800kv. exact same 18t pinion, haven't ran properly yet, will be running on 4s when the batteries arrive.

Just so you know, I am also giving the thing the smallest possible throttle.

4s with more power would solve?

I had set it to CCW, turned it on and drove wrong way. swapped switch on transmitter which swapper the movement of the trigger, it was very fast in reverse but slow in forward. Changed to CW and now much faster going forwards. Assuming because I set reverse power to 25%?
Not necessarily, I believe you are feeling latency more than anything + the slight cogging.. it's gonna cog a tad no matter what you do, will be more noticeable with more gearing, you run stock tx?

The rotation should be changed in the settings of the ESC. On a sensorless motor you can also swap one of the motor wires. I am going to assume the same as you about the reverse 25% issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back