Kraton Well, I’ve done it now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, it’s back together and it rips. Driving them back to back the K6 is very good. It may be over geared (17t) it ran a little hotter than I would like. Tomorrow I will pull the 17t and replace it with a 15t. The radio that come with sucks and will be replaced soon.

View attachment 323545

View attachment 323547
I run a 14t pinion on all my 6s kraton's and centro fans loads of speed and power on 6s

Okay, I gave them both a good bash and broke both. The 6s front axle keeps popping out. The 4s broke a hub drive pin and the wheel flew off. Do they make a long axles for the Kraton or is something wrong with the way I have setup? I think that I built the 4s to be a 6s and it is good but the 6s is better or it will be after the axle issues are fixed and the Center diff. tightened up, as well as the shock oil in springs. I think I’m going to continue to enjoy both of them equally.

IMG_0805.jpeg

IMG_0806.jpeg

Okay, I gave them both a good bash and broke both. The 6s front axle keeps popping out. The 4s broke a hub drive pin and the wheel flew off. Do they make a long axles for the Kraton or is something wrong with the way I have setup? I think that I built the 4s to be a 6s and it is good but the 6s is better or it will be after the axle issues are fixed and the Center diff. tightened up, as well as the shock oil in springs. I think I’m going to continue to enjoy both of them equally.

View attachment 323848

View attachment 323849
Nice!! Glad you got to run them both. For the 6s, remove the spacer from behind the pivot ball. I had the same issue with mine. Axle kept popping from the drive cup, problem solved after removing the spacer.

So, after some investigating, it looks like someone at some point put rear axles in the front, which are about 3 mm shorter than they need to be. I’ve ordered a new set of front driveshaft.

So, after some investigating, it looks like someone at some point put rear axles in the front, which are about 3 mm shorter than they need to be. I’ve ordered a new set of front driveshaft.
So it has dog bones or cvds at the front? I forgot it was used..the spacer removal trick is a thing with the v5 Kratons though, both my EXB and my brothers v5 BLX had the axle ejecting issue. Removing the spacer stopped that in both trucks.

It has CVD, the fronts are 139mm long. The HH web site said that the fronts need to be 142mm.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back