Kraton Well, I’ve done it now.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dales396lt4

Very Active Member
Military Veteran
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Infraction
  3. Limitless
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton EXB
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Outcast 8s
  9. Outcast EXB
  10. Vendetta
  11. Voltage
  12. Infraction 4x4
I said for the longest time that I would not get a 6S vehicle. Simply because I mostly have 4S and 8S configurations. While down in Tampa this weekend I ran across a guy that had a K6SV5. He said it was broke and if I was interested, would sell it to me. I asked him how much he said give me 260 and you can have it all, I ended up with a smart charger, two smart 100c batteries and a V5 with a broken front differential case, $20 later I have all the parts to put it together now.
What is the likelihood that this will replace my K4sv2 as my everyday bomber?

Last edited:
eugene levy pop GIF by Schitt's Creek

how bout you sell it to be for the same price?

its def gonna take place of the 4s. great deal.

The batteries and the charger are what pushed me over the edge. I did notice that the front body post wouldn’t line up with the body of the truck. After looking at it closely. The front shock tower is bent slightly back something I can straighten with a crescent wrench probably.

I said for the longest time that I would not get a 6S vehicle. Simply because I mostly have 4S and 8S configurations. While down in Tampa this weekend I ran across a guy that had a K6SV5. He said it was broke and if I was interested, would sell it to me. I asked him how much he said give me 260 and you can have it all, I ended up with a smart charger, two smart 100c batteries and a V5 with a broken front differential case, $20 later I have all the parts to put it together now.
you will love the 6s kraton one of the best I think (y)

Nice score!! As to whether it takes the place of the 4s, IDK. Really depends on how you like to bash I suppose. Should prove a bit more durable maybe? I look at it as another backup ..the more, the merrier!!😛👍🍻

My K4sv2 is a 6s shocks, 150 ESC, M2c chassis brace and motor mount, RC Mad lads' axles. it's a tank and will do 54mph on 4s. I will test it on 6S but I know that it will be faster than the stock 6s Kraton. I'm looking forward to the testing it out.

In all fairness, I knew that would be controversial but having 4 fifth scale trucks. I could say that they are all toys and bigger isn’t always better. Especially when you compare them to my one to one scale.

My K4sv2 is a 6s shocks, 150 ESC, M2c chassis brace and motor mount, RC Mad lads' axles. it's a tank and will do 54mph on 4s. I will test it on 6S but I know that it will be faster than the stock 6s Kraton. I'm looking forward to the testing it out.
Well that sounds pretty good. I run around a track more than anything else. I can see the 4s being really good in that scenario. Where the 6s is definitely good, but the extra weight does hold it back to some degree. I'm curious to hear how it compares.
Plastic toy-grade chassis slap versus a 12-15lb alloy skateboard assembly is subjective…
Yeah, no doubt the aluminum will hold up for longer if chassis slapping is a regular occurrence. My 2 6s Arrma chassis are nice n shiny on the bottom with barely a hint of black anodizing left just behind the front skid..just how I like em!😉😛👌
In all fairness, I knew that would be controversial but having 4 fifth scale trucks. I could say that they are all toys and bigger isn’t always better. Especially when you compare them to my one to one scale.
Yeah, I can say 6s is the absolute best but, depending on how and where used, maybe not so much for someone else.. space, terrain, style will all vary. 6s is definitely a very versatile platform though with a really healthy aftermarket support. Hard to beat, especially since they barely cost anymore than the 4s models currently.

Last edited:
This my big truck build. One day it will be my daily driver.

View attachment 323071
Nice! Hopefully your commute is short!! Gas is spensive!! Love me a 70's pickup truck! Had a 76 F250 4x4 was such a real truck compared to the fluff they make nowadays. Don't get me wrong, technology has improved alot of things, just that they've gone too far.. if ya can't back up a trailer, maybe you should learn..can't stay in lane, maybe ya shouldn't be driving.. I could go on and on..🤯

It's a 71 short bed step side 4x4 with an 2018 Corvette LT4 motor (6.2L 650hp & 650tq) and a 10 speed auto trans, Atlas II transfer case. 14 bolt rear end and dana 44 up front with 3.73, 1 Ton disk brakes. Sorry back on track are the Titanium Front & Rear Shock Tower any good?

Last edited:
It's a 71 short bed step side 4x4 with an 2018 Corvette LT4 motor (6.2L 650hp & 650tq) and a 10 speed auto trans, Atlas II transfer case. 14 bolt rear end and dana 44 up front with 3.73, 1 Ton disk brakes. Sorry back on track are the Titanium Front & Rear Shock Tower any good?
Should provide plenty of MPG's, LOL. Yeah, I'm old!!😉
The titanium can be good, stick with reputable "known" brands. Don't rule out CF either if you're looking to shave weight. I still haven't bent stock EXB towers if that tells ya anything. Just not a hardcore basher I guess.

After tearing the truck down, come to find out I didn’t need the front diff. case. After all, the upper hinge pin holder was broken and having not known this, I ordered the wrong parts. This is a new platform for me, and there are some things that I’ve noticed, the rear and front differentials are way smaller than the 4S stuff. The bearings on the pinion gear in the differential are way smaller as well. This platform is different and a new learning curve for me.

After tearing the truck down, come to find out I didn’t need the front diff. case. After all, the upper hinge pin holder was broken and having not known this, I ordered the wrong parts. This is a new platform for me, and there are some things that I’ve noticed, the rear and front differentials are way smaller than the 4S stuff. The bearings on the pinion gear in the differential are way smaller as well. This platform is different and a new learning curve for me.
This differential size was a bit of a shock to me as well coming from a 3s granite. I assume the 3s/4s platform has very oversized parts here as there is a plastic version of them, while the 6s has always been metal….?

Not sure how the diff size compares to other brand 6s RTRs.

Well, it’s back together and it rips. Driving them back to back the K6 is very good. It may be over geared (17t) it ran a little hotter than I would like. Tomorrow I will pull the 17t and replace it with a 15t. The radio that come with sucks and will be replaced soon.

IMG_0806.jpeg

IMG_0805.jpeg

Not sure how you will land on this in the end....

For me..., I totally love my Kraton 6S EXB as a 4S basher only. Have the 3 diffs, durability, etc. Only run it as 4S but with beefier electronics, 4S BF LPs, smart M2C upgrades like the rear mount support, outdrives, hex entenders, and a big 20T pinion. Did my best to equal the 6S speed at 4S, and I am damn close with ESC adjustments. Racing my buddy that has all 6S rigs like the ERevo 2.0, Losi DBXL, Xmaxx, the Kraton is never left in the dark when it comes down to driving. When he runs hot thermal cut-off, I am still below 150F on electronics with great fans.

This could be the best of both worlds for you as a 4S and/or 6S.

Happy bashing! (y)
Well, it’s back together and it rips. Driving them back to back the K6 is very good. It may be over geared (17t) it ran a little hotter than I would like. Tomorrow I will pull the 17t and replace it with a 15t. The radio that come with sucks and will be replaced soon.

View attachment 323545

View attachment 323547
What fans? Stock....stock fans are no good and yes any gear up will heat it up requiring some good cooling.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back