What’s your most durable rc car

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashTillBroken

Very Active Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Coming around to lap you AGAIN….. (Oregon)
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite Grom
  2. Infraction
  3. Kraton EXB
  4. Senton 3s
What is your most durable rc you own no matter the brand we’re not going off what your favorite rc is but your most durable and send photos when you respond I’ll go first mine is the mini e revo
image.jpg

All of my Arrma's, only failures has been the electronics minus the motor. My Senton has not had a single failure including the electronics. My limitless doesn't count.

Losi Mini-T 2.0 the damn things are almost bombproof. 😎

WTF2.jpg

Its funny but my Frankenstein build is probable the toughest rc I have. Now being my Kraton isnt fully done to my liking and haven't really crashed her that much I cant really count her yet. But this Frankenstein thing is tough as nails! (probably because it weighs about as much as a nail). hahaha

20211030_221122[1].jpg

Definitely has to be the SlashPede 4x4. Insane on 4s and just wont die.
And don't mind my terrible wires. Was too excited to get that motor in and go to take time to make it pretty. Still haven't gotten to it months later haha. Maybe this winter.

20211030_221122[1].jpg

Slash 4x4:
Screen Shot 2021-10-30 at 8.20.05 PM.png

Got it as used roller with some upgrades (aluminum knuckles, aluminum castor blocks, aluminum rear hubs, etc.) for fairly cheap since it came pretty beat up (chassis was super scuffed, dented, with cracks reinforced with epoxy, and the front bumper had a small hole from getting repeatedly scraped from jumps). Replaced the stock HCG chassis with the LCG kit (basically swapped out all the scraped up plastic parts), installed new bumpers, changed diff oil + grease, replaced rusty hardware, upgraded shocks, added ESC + motor + receiver, installed center diff, new tires, and readjusted the suspension links. Surprisingly, the stock servo it came with still works, so I just left it as it is, and it's still on the original drivetrain components (though the gears feel a bit looser, and rear driveshafts are a little deformed/twisted), but overall, it's been super reliable and fun to drive.

View attachment 176878

Its funny but my Frankenstein build is probable the toughest rc I have. Now being my Kraton isnt fully done to my liking and haven't really crashed her that much I cant really count her yet. But this Frankenstein thing is tough as nails! (probably because it weighs about as much as a nail). hahaha
WHAT IS THAT? Temper gen 2 build?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back