What action cams is everyone using

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mechanicos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fireteam
  2. Kraton EXB
I want to get an action cam just to record some of my bashing and nothing else, i only need good quality video with decent fps, are there any budget action cams suitable for this or do i need to get the $300 and above cams?

Maybe i should have clarified it, i don't want to mount it on my trucks but rather on my head.

Last edited:
I bought a used DJI Osmo Action 4k Cam for $180 couple years ago. Works pretty well. Has stability built in. Those cams, why I chose it, are popular in the off road mountain bike cycling, they mount them on their helmets while riding. I found a mount & TPU case all for my Infraction 3s.

20221218_131730.jpg

20221218_131902.jpg

I bought a used DJI Osmo Action 4k Cam for $180 couple years ago. Works pretty well. Has stability built in. Those cams, why I chose it, are popular in the off road mountain bike cycling, they mount them on their helmets while riding. I found a mount & TPU case all for my Infraction 3s.

20221218_131730.jpg

20221218_131902.jpg
The footage is great. Doing donuts & street bashing. I flipped it twice one time & it got it all & never stopped filming, got all the barrel rolls.

View attachment 361358

View attachment 361359

The footage is great. Doing donuts & street bashing. I flipped it twice one time & it got it all & never stopped filming, got all the barrel rolls.
Yes thats a very good camera, but i should have clarified this, i only want to mount it on my head not on my truck, thats why i said i want a budget cam and nothing special.

Yes thats a very good camera, but i should have clarified this, i only want to mount it on my head not on my truck, thats why i said i want a budget cam and nothing special.
Oh 10-4. 😎

Check out the insta 360 Go 3. It is not cheap but for GoPro prices this one is better in my opinion.

I have really liked it so far and love the small size for clipping to my hat. Its so small and light you don't know its there.

1713358556364.png

The camera itself links to the main housing through blue-tooth so you can see what it is capturing or to your phone. It is a pretty nice setup!

1713358683284.png

I have a Hero 11. It's nice, takes great video I guess. I would have never paid what it cost, wifey gifted it to me for Xmas. What I don't like about it is the quirky phone app, sometimes it connects, sometimes it doesn't. Also, battery life is crap. It records in such high definition, I have nothing to render it on, much less edit, LOL. It's simply beyond my capabilities to be honest..

If you're really looking for a budget banger, maybe this? $40, 4K/30FPS, 1080P/60FPS
https://www.amazon.com/Dragon-Touch-Waterproof-Adjustable-Accessories/dp/B07S38ZBFM/?tag=w050b-20

Last edited:
Check out the insta 360 Go 3. It is not cheap but for GoPro prices this one is better in my opinion.

I have really liked it so far and love the small size for clipping to my hat. Its so small and light you don't know its there.

View attachment 361382

The camera itself links to the main housing through blue-tooth so you can see what it is capturing or to your phone. It is a pretty nice setup!

View attachment 361383
Thats the perfect size and clipping it on the hat its way better than strapping your head 🤣. This one is very expensive though. Iam willing to pay up to 100-120euros.

Back