What are you using for grease in your diffs?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just in case, only use Silicone diff Oil inside the diff cup. ( Satellite and Sun gears)
The Grease discussed, is used only for the Input and Main gears;)

Just in case, only use Silicone diff Oil inside the diff cup. ( Satellite and Sun gears)
im new to rcs, what is a diff cup? i only see hrease in here and its all blackened

p9i40N7.jpg

im new to rcs, what is a diff cup? i only see hrease in here and its all blackened

That looks like some kind of mini-scale 2WD transmission with an open diff (Losi Mini-B???). The diff cup people are talking about is the bottom gear, it should be used with grease since it is unsealed (I think). Silicone oil would be for sealed gear diffs only.

I was wondering this too. I'm just now getting back into rc after 25 years so these center differentials are new to me. I see people using red n tacky and then I see charts with the different weights and why to use thinner vs thicker weight depending on your usage. Am I confusing these two types of grease. I'm assuming the other grease is silicon based. Do they go in 2 different spots? I have the karaton 4s 2.5 and want to learn how to change the grease when needed. Any help would be greatly appreciated. Sorry for a dumb question, if it even makes sense lol. Thank you to such a great community

Works great so far 3 years of use no issues. You can still it.

Screenshot_20240205_153533_Chrome.jpg

Back