What are your opinion on HRB batteries?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Close Enough

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Any opinions on HRB batteries? Wasn’t sure if it’s a get what you pay for deal with them but they market to a lot of big RC names. They are quite a bit cheaper on amazon than compared to the dynamite brand.

I definitely wouldn’t buy the dynamite brand that’s for sure. HRB batteries seem to be just another China battery brand. They work fine usually, but if you get unlucky you will get a defective battery straight off the bat. I recommend buying through amazon or eBay so you can get a refund and exchange for a new battery if you get a bad one.

I'm running HRB's 2x 6000mAh 6s and 2x 4000mAh 6s, so far so good and great for the price...?
Will be on the lookout for some 5000's soon too..?
As others have said though, make sure to buy from amazon etc so your covered for any defects..??

Long term, they're not very good, the soft packs especially. Started using them last summer and almost every one drops a cell around 6 months. They're cheaper, so replacing one doesn't hurt as bad. I still have two 3s and one 2s gensacearespammers that are almost two years old. None will charge to 100%, but still all functioning. Definitely going hard case in the future, which is not HRB's strong suit. Heard good things about Ovonic, so might give them a try moving forward.

I've been running 4 of the HRB 5000mah 3S 50C packs since March 2019 in my Outcast 6S, ERBEv2 and Savage Flux HP. They seem to do fine for me. I charge at about 1.5C usually and keep them at storage any time I'm not using them.

When I need more, I'll likely buy more of those or try some hobbystar 5600 60C 3S as the 6200's of those I bought seem to work well, just a bit heavy.

I have a couple as well. No issues with them yet, out of the box the voltages were all 3.81 and all charge to 4.2. If or when they give up I’ll likely buy more.

Thanks for the replies. I’ve been running 2x dynamite reactions in my V3 Kraton for about a year and a half. 5000ma 50c hardcase and they’ve been good to go so far. I will check out the Ovonics for sure. I use the Team Orion touch duo charger and yesterday one of my batteries took and abnormally long time to charge up.

They work well until you haphazardly pull them off the charger with the leads still attached and they short out. At least that's what, uh, a friend told me. In unrelated news I ordered a new HRB battery.

I suspect the cells for many of these different brands are coming out of the same factories for the most part. I just avoid battries that are suspiciously cheap. Other than that, I have a motley collection of brands - not a lot of difference between them.

Are softcase batteries in bashers a concern? Seems like they take a pretty decent beating. I’ve always thought that hardcase are safer but then you can’t see if they are puffing. I wish there was a hardcase that you could put the softcases into so you could open em up and inspect them before charging them.

Are softcase batteries in bashers a concern? Seems like they take a pretty decent beating. I’ve always thought that hardcase are safer but then you can’t see if they are puffing. I wish there was a hardcase that you could put the softcases into so you could open em up and inspect them before charging them.
I think it depends on the chassis/battery box. I haven't had any issues on any of my trucks though, but I also hardly ever run in dirt/sand/rocks, so I don't have to be too concerned with the odd pebble getting between the pack and something hard, then grinding it's way through the packs wrapper.

On some, if not properly padded/fitted, the packs slide forward on lawn dart landings and kink. I know some have done that with the e-revo, as the front and rear of the battery compartment is slanted up:
2016-1021-ErevoBatteryBayMeasurements.jpg

I run soft packs in my ERBEv2, Savage Flux HP and Outcast 6S. The worst thing I've done is rip the balance lead off in the savage as it's battery compartments are slotted, so if I don't secure the balance tap properly, it can dangle out the side of the compartment and catch on stuff.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back