Kraton What batteries should i run?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bigrayzrc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 6s
So a buddie of mine (the one who got me in the hobby) had a v3 kraton and I remember that thing lasting a good hour and a half running hard without dieing. Just recently purchased me a v5 kraton and that thing only last like 20 minutes. Is it the batterys? I'm running 5200 mah 3s packs to I remember he ran 4500 mah 3s packs. I'm looking for long runtime so help me out.

So a buddie of mine (the one who got me in the hobby) had a v3 kraton and I remember that thing lasting a good hour and a half running hard without dieing. Just recently purchased me a v5 kraton and that thing only last like 20 minutes. Is it the batterys? I'm running 5200 mah 3s packs to I remember he ran 4500 mah 3s packs. I'm looking for long runtime so help me out.
He must of had the ultimate lipo cuz I never heard anyone running that long, let alone half of that!!

Did he swap out his batts?

I've never had a batt last more than 30 mins, except for my 8500mAh 3s, which lasted 1h

He must of had the ultimate lipo cuz I never heard anyone running that long, let alone half of that!!
I remember they were reaction brand. At the time he had that I had a 2wd traxxas stampede brushed with a 2s and that thing would last like 40min and I'd run 2 packs and his would still be going strong. Dosent make any sense.

20 minutes is really about all you want for run time.. non stop bashing gets our rigs nice n toasty….

1.5 hours solid would destroy motor and esc with heat
His didn't mind it. He had fans on his motor tho. I do as well on mine
Turnigy (HobbyKing.com)

Did he have something like training mode on? Less power increases batt. life
No I remember he had full beans

Maybe he had 8500mAh's and not 4500? Personally getting 35 to 45 mins of hard bash time with 6s Cnhl 8000mAh. An other thing that would make an Rc have more run time is less gearing for speed, as less gearing is less current load, and less current loads would give an Rc more run time.

I think you friend snuck in 2 more lipos when you weren't looking!
An Hour and a half???:unsure: With one 4,500mah lipo?:giggle:
15 -20, maybe 30 minutes tops is about average depending on your gearing and terrain. And just fine. Bring 2 or more lipos with you. That's how most of us do this.
Going with heavy large capacity lipos makes the rig heavy. And awkward handling IMHO. Heavy packs eject more easily, ripping out the velcro with it. Are even hard to fit in some cases.
Just me. I rather have several smaller lighter 5k -7k mah packs charged instead. Even 7k mah is pushing it for me.

Last edited:
I use 4000 mah lipos keeps the weight down my cars are already heavy from m2c parts running stock motors and esc . get about 12 to 15 minutes run time

Technically not possible to run 30 min unless you consider talking, chatting and not moving as run time.
You are simply mistaken. Definition of actual full beans seems to differ widely.
I get 10-15 min on 5-6000mAh and motor and ESC are near cooking with turbo fans. All that in grass, completely different story on hard dirt or deep sand.

There is no magic lipo that can do what you state your friend is doing, in my conditions.

I think you friend snuck in 2 more lipos when you weren't looking!
An Hour and a half???:unsure: With one 4,500mah lipo?:giggle:
15 -20, maybe 30 minutes tops is about average depending on your gearing and terrain. And just fine. Bring 2 or more lipos with you. That's how most of us do this.
Going with heavy large capacity lipos makes the rig heavy. And awkward handling IMHO. Heavy packs eject more easily, ripping out the velcro with it. Are even hard to fit in some cases.
Just me. I rather have several smaller lighter 5k -7k mah packs charged instead. Even 7k mah is pushing it for me.
When I got the 2 6200mah 6s lipos from cnhl, I couldn't believe how monstrous they were!! 🤣

20211204_213156_HDR.jpg

Those CNHL's are nice packs for sure though.(y):giggle:

Maybe it was a less powerful motor? Or he didn't bash it at full throttle? My Senton overvolted on 4s 75% lasts about 1 hour and a half. With 30c batts that are supposed to burn less.

C rate has nothing to do with burn rate. Your 'bash' style is just vastly different from my definition of bashing. Typically, my friends Senton last 20-30min on a slow day.

Last edited:
Please, the term "Burn" should not be used in the same sentence with the word "Lipo or "battery"
That scares me. :whistle:
The RC Gods won't approve.

C rate has nothing to do with burn rate. Your 'bash' style is just vastly different from my definition of bashing. Typically, my friends Senton last 20-30min on a slow day.
I've asked on the forum. And they've told me less c rating = more run time. Yes I agree with your point but also agree with mine.

^^^
Who told you this?
He needs a beat down.:ROFLMAO:
Misinformation...........
This is an oversimplified assumption. The combination of C rate and Mah determines run time. All else remaining constant. In a perfect world.
C ratings are not the best determining factors alone. C ratings tend to be "Dark" Lipo industry specs in most cases. Rarely live up to claims. All just marketting hype, and the whole industry gets away with this. They know we as end users cannot really verify the numbers.

Last edited:
C rating has only to do with the amount of current the battery can provide, nothing more and nothing less. mAh is what gives the duration.
On the same rig, a 30C will last as long as a 50C or a 100C, that assumes that the motor/ESC is a correct match to the 30C.
A higher C rating is recommended for setups that require more power/current. Yes, in that case it will give longer runtime as the 'weaker 30C' is overstressed.

Yeah, MAYBE it'll last a few mins longer with a very low C rating, but not enough to make a difference. The Mah is what determines how long it'll last (along with driving style). No way the batt lasts an hour. Never heard such a thing. 🤷‍♂️ :unsure: 😁 ✌️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back