Limitless What did you do to your Limitless today?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GMballistic

ROSSA ~ Officially fast.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Limitless
So with the Limitless finally hitting the shores around the world I thought it would be interesting to start a thread for all the new Limitless owners to post pictures of what they're doing to their new RC's.

Whether it be small mods, massive motors, new bodies or maybe just videos of burning rubber feel free to add all you want about your Limitless builds here. (y)

I've only had mine a few days and it is going to be a very slow build project as I'm planning to get mine ready for some speed runs at ROSSA held events here in the UK next year so in no rush but here it is...

First mods; a little aero tweak for the front end and some SP Racing foam tyres. ;)
02 - Copy.jpg

03 - Copy.jpg

Look forward to seeing what everyone else is up to if you care to share. :D

Those wheels n' tires look nice..??
You have a link..??
I don't sorry as I bought them through a ROSSA member ~ they're SP Racing foams as I mentioned and those are the SP50 which are 50 shore hardness.

Not even ran them myself yet but I've heard they're good so I put my dBoots Hoons for sale on eBay and decided to run the foams on the Limitless.

So with the Limitless finally hitting the shores around the world I thought it would be interesting to start a thread for all the new Limitless owners to post pictures of what they're doing to their new RC's.

Whether it be small mods, massive motors, new bodies or maybe just videos of burning rubber feel free to add all you want about your Limitless builds here. (y)

I've only had mine a few days and it is going to be a very slow build project as I'm planning to get mine ready for some speed runs at ROSSA held events here in the UK next year so in no rush but here it is...

First mods; a little aero tweak for the front end and some SP Racing foam tyres. ;)
View attachment 47705

View attachment 47706

Look forward to seeing what everyone else is up to if you care to share. :D
Hi G.
Il be joining you next year with the Typhon and a few others.
Imine will also be a slow build as im building a 808 gtb atm for next years event.
As you know i reaaranged a few if the origonal stickers and added a few ;)

Btw , What esc are you going to use.
Im trying to figure out where to locate the esc.

I see some guys putying it right next to the motor.
Im not sure if this is a good idea.

Upto now upgrades
Sp foams 35 shore
TP motor
Xlx
But im waiting to see if castle
Is releasing new esc next month.

Taz

Attachments

• 20190909_091924.jpg
    20190909_091924.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 149
  • 20190909_112814.jpg
    20190909_112814.jpg
    357.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
Be great to finally meet you @Taztaz as well as get some more speed runners at the events.

My Limitless build is going to be a slow one and as yet I haven't decided on anything apart from that it will be 8S ~ most likely it would be an XLX ESC though but I'm still researching motors etc etc.

One thing you need to be aware of is the ROSSA class definitions for anything you hope to run. Info here: http://www.rossa.org.uk/classdefinitions.html

Also in case you weren't aware because of the Limitless being a 1/7th scale the only class it fits into currently is the "Electric Open Class". With that in mind it needs to be running 7 cell or above. :unsure: Hence why mine will be 8S.
Sorry to be the bearer of bad news if you didn't know that but hopefully you did. (y)

Yes you too bud.
Subbed to your yt channel.
Yes thanks for headsup.
I thought itd be in unlimited class.
I want to run my typhon in 1/8 open wheel class, obviously 6s.
My gtb 808 class
And the limitless.
I didnt go this year as i wasnt ready.
Had only just got the typhon

My first outing i got 84mph
2nd 90
3rd 96mph.
I was trying to get the ton on stock 50t diff.
I now have a limitless spool in it but have yet to run it.

I didnt go this year as i wasnt ready.
Had only just got the typhon

My first outing i got 84mph
2nd 90
3rd 96mph.
I was trying to get the ton on stock 50t diff.
I now have a limitless spool in it but have yet to run it.
Good results for a standard 50T spur gear. (y)
I run a Hot Racing spool in my Typhon, ...my Typhon's build and all the specs are in my thread in case you haven't spotted it here: https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/speed-runner-typhon-6s-uk-built-fast-not-bought-fast.10482/

It's a bit of a bummer tbh that the Limitless will have to run in the open class on 7 cell or above but it is what it is. I'm going to set mine up for 8S but it will be a while yet before I start getting anywhere near adding motors etc.

It is a bummer because you likely won't be breaking any records, however it will still be rewarding to make it to some speeds that few people in the hobby ever reach...

Looking forward to both of your car builds. @Taztaz do you have a youtube channel?

Not sure if mine counts as a Limitless. It is certainly a mess of things and wont resemble a Limitless.

Carbon chassis and top brace
Custom body in progress
XLX esc
TP 4070
BSR foams
Savox servo
Futaba radio

-Liberty

It is a bummer because you likely won't be breaking any records, however it will still be rewarding to make it to some speeds that few people in the hobby ever reach...

Not sure if mine counts as a Limitless. It is certainly a mess of things and wont resemble a Limitless.
-Liberty
It's true because the "electric open class" record is over 200mph so no way imho the Limitless is capable of that.

Doesn't matter though because really I'm just out to break my own PB's as much as possible and have fun whilst meeting like minded people. Which ROSSA is great for.

Your Limitless/Unlimited build pics are welcome in here, ...maybe we can pinch ideas from you that way. :LOL: :p

This is the 1st I've seen of it, was just sharing buddy. I'd like to see what it could do to. You neve know someone might fit one.

This is the 1st I've seen of it, was just sharing buddy. I'd like to see what it could do to. You neve know someone might fit one.
So cool but super expensive though. :(

Not exactly the same but another high end 8S system fitted...
00.jpg

01.jpg

(y)

Looks cool and spec looks good but in my mind there’s still a reason why the majority of speed runner use the XLX.

Plus if the info is true we are due a treat from Castle soon ?

Plus if the info is true we are due a treat from Castle soon ?
I hope so, ...I'm not buying an ESC until I really have to, partly because I'm watching if something new for speed runners comes out from them. :D
I've still got so much to learn, it's baffling ???
You, me and everyone else who's honest about it. (y)

Looking forward to both of your car builds. @Taztaz do you have a youtube channel?

Carbon chassis and top brace
Custom body in progress
XLX esc
TP 4070
BSR foams
Savox servo
Futaba radio

View attachment 47900

View attachment 47901

-Liberty
Hi .
Yes ive been following your build on youtube.
The body looks like its going to be awesome.
This build has the true meaning of 'limitless,.
My youtube is LT- speed RC.
Il be putting up a few videos this week.
Thanks man.

https://www.youtube.com/user/linzitazim

Please feel free to subscribe guys.
I will be putting up set up vids and show everything as i progress to help other new comers.
Kv, gears, tyre co.pounds, lipos...etc etc.
I hope so, ...I'm not buying an ESC until I really have to, partly because I'm watching if something new for speed runners comes out from them. :D

You, me and everyone else who's honest about it. (y)
Very much so!! We all learning!

I see that some guys have problems running the high kv tp 4070 CM motors
On the xlx.
It be great if castle released an esc that could give us full use of those motors.
Also to handle huge lipos running in parralell.

Well i just finished my typhon, my next build was getting my GT together and running but i so wanting to get the limitless going.
So many great videos out.
I did order some 4s panthers on friday.
Hopefully be here soon

EDIT - in regards to the limitless and the classes at Rossa.
I think il have a closed wheel body too by then.

Last edited:
t be great if castle released an esc that could give us full use of those motors.

‘Watch this space’

Is the info I’ve been told, what that means I’m not sure but know Castle are aware there’s a need for something up the food chain to the current XLX ??

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back