Notorious What should I get?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Limitless
  5. Kraton 8S
  6. Kraton 6s
  7. Kraton 4s
  8. Notorious
  9. Outcast 6s
  10. Outcast 4s
  11. Senton 6s
  12. Talion
  13. Typhon 6s
Having trouble deciding. I drive in front of my house which is cement and grass, in the park thats flat grass and I bring my landwave ramps, basically jus tlike to bash around no super high jumps. Which would be better suited for me the Kraton or the Notorious? I also don't want to spend extra money afterwards to beef it up like I had to do with my traxxas erevo 2.0. (and that piece of poop still breaks). Thanks

I have both and enjoy both. I've said before that between the 2 my favorite is the one I'm driving, but If I had to pick one I'd go with the Kraton. Kraton is an all terrain basher and handles well in the air. The Notorious is a stunt truck that can do fun tricks and can also handle all terrain. Just know that there really isn't a wrong decision between the 2. Which ever one you choose you'll enjoy and they are both very tough stock IMO.

I have both and enjoy both. I've said before that between the 2 my favorite is the one I'm driving, but If I had to pick one I'd go with the Kraton. Kraton is an all terrain basher and handles well in the air. The Notorious is a stunt truck that can do fun tricks and can also handle all terrain. Just know that there really isn't a wrong decision between the 2. Which ever one you choose you'll enjoy and they are both very tough stock IMO.
Thank you sir! Great answer!

For your requirements I’d echo above and look at a Kraton.

Also off topic what issues are you having with the Revo 2.0 ? I have one and after the basic out of the box requirements, which granted is a few it’s been faultless and I’ve had some crashes with it!

I think you are a prime candidate for a Typhon, and you could go brushed, 3s or 6s depending on your budget. I was just at my lhs and the 6s was staring at me begging me to buy it. Lucky the image of my wife popped into my head and I bought only the parts I needed. It's lower to the ground and has stock tires that are suited more to wear you plan to bash. If you don't plan on going sky high (which you still could, just ask @bicketybam) the Typhon is a good little buggy. If you find it isn't living up to expectations, you could truggify it (search the forum) and give it a bit more meat. The Kraton would be another great contender, but after seeing a Typhon out of the box, it really left a lasting impression.

For your requirements I’d echo above and look at a Kraton.

Also off topic what issues are you having with the Revo 2.0 ? I have one and after the basic out of the box requirements, which granted is a few it’s been faultless and I’ve had some crashes with it!
Ive done the 80mm straps in the rear, aluminum toe links and pushrods, rpm ends and have super glued them. It still stretches the ends to where the metal ball comes out, and thats just from driving down the street. I take care of my stuff, I don't get crazy with it at all. Heck I don't even drive them in wet grass or water and no mud. Its just too finicky for me. I will be selling the erevo for a loss here in a couple days.
also consider how big/small your area is, big = Kraton, small = Notorious
Yep I totally agree, my area is small. I love playing with my Granite blx 4x4 and the notorious is only a little bigger than that. I just don't want to regret not getting the Kraton. sheesh
I think you are a prime candidate for a Typhon, and you could go brushed, 3s or 6s depending on your budget. I was just at my lhs and the 6s was staring at me begging me to buy it. Lucky the image of my wife popped into my head and I bought only the parts I needed. It's lower to the ground and has stock tires that are suited more to wear you plan to bash. If you don't plan on going sky high (which you still could, just ask @bicketybam) the Typhon is a good little buggy. If you find it isn't living up to expectations, you could truggify it (search the forum) and give it a bit more meat. The Kraton would be another great contender, but after seeing a Typhon out of the box, it really left a lasting impression.
I appreciate you taking the time to type all that out. Typhon was never on my list of vehicles to think about. I have see the videos on youtube and read about them and I think the ride is just to rough, hard to control sometimes with the typhon. I like the bigger more forgiving tires of the larger vehicles. I knowyous aid truggy it but thats just a bunch more money you have to throw at it and thats not what I am looking to do. But, I do think YOU have found your next vehicle! Go get it, do it. The wife wont be too mad and if she is tell her I said it was ok! lol

Last edited:
Ive done the 80mm straps in the rear, aluminum toe links and pushrods, rpm ends and have super glued them. It still stretches the ends to where the metal ball comes out, and thats just from driving down the street. I take care of my stuff, I don't get crazy with it at all. Heck I don't even drive them in wet grass or water and no mud. Its just too finicky for me. I will be selling the erevo for a loss here in a couple days.

You know I’ve never had a pivot ball come out! I did fit the hard coated aluminium ones and used dry Teflon lube when reassembling.

TBH they get slated for this but it’s a common occurrence across a few RTR’s.

I’d persevere as it’s an awesome truck when running fine and ‘touch wood’ mines doing good, I’ll be honest though knowing what I know now i’d get an Armma over the Revo just based on VFM, the Revo with options has worked out more then I could of built and awesome kit car for, but it’s still a blast to drive.

The answer is always Kraton for this sort of scenario. It does it all and it does it well.
Possibly a Talion with the backflip tires on it would be a great option also. (likely my next purchase)

The best part is this is going to be free. I have reward points I am cashing in at amainhobbies, FREEEEEEE.......Well I spent a poop ton of money to get all those but oh well thats besides the point. Thank you my arrma brethren!

I own both, I'm running the Kraton most of the time unless there is a ramp involved. The Kraton is a great jumper as well, just can't flip quite like the Outcast/Notorious.

I only have a kraton so I can’t compare it to a notorious but i asked the question of what should I get a while back and I got an overwhelming response for the kraton. It will be easier to drive as it has a longer wheel base, which keeps it from instant wheelies, mostly. Although I still backflip it very easily. It’s a great all around truck, still being able to do stunts, and just drive around on flat grass and pavement enjoyably. Plus I beat the absolute hell out of mine and have had only minor breakages (shock rod ends) but whatever you get it’s gonna be sick, as long as it’s an arrma ??

If you bash hard enough to bang up your 2.0 revo, then your going to likely have to spend a bit for either the outcast or kraton to hold up as well. Likely at least chassis braces and tekno shock ends. Not a huge amount of $, but the chassis and shock ends are weak points right out of the box.

I have the revo 2.0 and outcast. I run both pretty much the same, a lot of jumping at skate parks and a bmx track.

With my outacst, I just replaced my chassis with the M2C and I have rpm arms, aftermarket towers, alloy chassis braces, tekno shock ends, I'm on my 5th wing mount (2 stock, 2 rpm, 1 talion) and I've gone through 3-4 diffs in a year.

Bashing the same with my ERBEv2, I'm really surprised at how well it's held up. It was a v1, but I bought a roller to convert to a v2 so I could run 6S. It has alloy rockers, aftermarket shock springs and wheels/tires. I've run it hard every weekend for 6 weeks and have only broken a couple rod ends and a shock piston.

I really enjoy bashing both. I have to say, the outcast is waaaay easier to wrench on. lol!

Notorious is more likely to break if not driven expertly. It's just way to easy to lose control if you ask me. It takes a subtle touch. I do love the way it looks though.

I own all the 6s off road trucks except the Senton. If I had to keep one it would be the Talion. For the terrain you described it would be perfect. Other than that, Kraton.

Notorious is more likely to break if not driven expertly. It's just way to easy to lose control if you ask me. It takes a subtle touch. I do love the way it looks though.

I own all the 6s off road trucks except the Senton. If I had to keep one it would be the Talion. For the terrain you described it would be perfect. Other than that, Kraton.
Watching you run the talion and kraton, they do seem more "gracefull" off the ramps.

I ordered the Kraton, will be here Tuesday. Thanks guys.

Shipping Method
UPS Ground
Delivery Estimate: Sep 17 2019
Good choice. Congrats!

I ordered the Kraton, will be here Tuesday. Thanks guys.

Shipping Method
UPS Ground
Delivery Estimate: Sep 17 2019
Good choice, but the OC would have worked out also by your stated intentions.
Either way you can't lose! Enjoy the Krate! :)(y)

Good choice, but the OC would have worked out also by your stated intentions.
Either way you can't lose! Enjoy the Krate! :)(y)
Yeah I agree, even after ordering I had 2nd thoughts. I'm sure I will end up with the outcast or the notorious soon, I have an addiction I have to feed lol.
I mention I have a addiction, this is just one store. This is since May of this year. LOL

f2nm6L2.jpg

Last edited:
Yeah I agree, even after ordering I had 2nd thoughts. I'm sure I will end up with the outcast or the notorious soon, I have an addiction I have to feed lol.
This is one of the top questions asked on here for what to get. I had the same question earlier this year but had a lot of time to think about it since the 2019s didn't drop yet.

I ended up with both because they're 2 different animals. I think most people that are interested in these 2 models eventually end up with both.
I mention I have a addiction, this is just one store. This is since May of this year. LOL

f2nm6L2.jpg
Ha Ha, That was me in the old Tower Hobbies days, was a gold member for years.

Got away for quite a few years and returned early this year. 7 new rigs this year, parts and accessories. Never learned a got damm thing $$$ :)

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back