Vorteks What Speeds Can Vorteks Tires Handle?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BrianC302

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a Big Rock and the stock tires are HORRIBLE above mph and anything past 50 is suicide. What kind of speeds can the stock tires on the Vorteks handle before they are ballooning badly/are at risk of coming apart.

Thanks!

Big rock at 60 on stock tires is a riot. Probably the worst handling rc I've ever had in my 30 years experience 🤣😂
Wasn't to bad until I wore the suspension into basher spec as I call it.

Anyway... pretty much any non-belted tire is going to suck around the 55mph range for handling. They're all to soft and expand to much. I'd look into a belted option if you cruise at speed much. I even contemplated belted katars.

Big rock at 60 on stock tires is a riot. Probably the worst handling rc I've ever had in my 30 years experience 🤣😂
Wasn't to bad until I wore the suspension into basher spec as I call it.

Anyway... pretty much any non-belted tire is going to suck around the 55mph range for handling. They're all to soft and expand to much. I'd look into a belted option if you cruise at speed much. I even contemplated belted katars.
Thank you for the information! With my Bandit, I have gone 80+ on non belted AKA tires but maybe that was an exception? I will have to try to find some less expensive belted tires.

Thank you for the information! With my Bandit, I have gone 80+ on non belted AKA tires but maybe that was an exception? I will have to try to find some less expensive belted tires.

Well buggy 2.2 tires are much lighter. Lighter= less centrifugal force = less expanding. Might be why you managed? I've ran stock bandit tires fast but idk how fast 😅

No problem good luck bro!

Well buggy 2.2 tires are much lighter. Lighter= less centrifugal force = less expanding. Might be why you managed? I've ran stock bandit tires fast but idk how fast 😅

No problem good luck bro!
Makes sense!

Once, you figure out how to keep the front of the Bandit down, it can rip good! I hit 86 mph on 2s at 102 mph on 3s with mine (with a cheap aftermarket motor and some other supporting mods)!

Arrma 3s tires are a crap shoot. For example, most people complain that the senton tires blow apart at even medium speeds, yet i have a set of senton tires that was a street bashing tire that i've taken up to 55-60mph many dozen times. Never blew apart. Yet on 2s and a power limit, my son diff'd out his granite and blew apart a tire on it 🤷‍♂️
Typically i'd say any arrma 3s tires aren't reliable past 50 mph (coincidentally, that's the stock speed on 3s....) -- anything beyond that is a roll of the dice.

Back