Granite What Wt Do You Use Differential Oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the big rock and I have 50k in front and 30k in rear and I believe I like it better stock. It is harder to control in a straight line right now. But, it may be better when I start ramping it. Don’t have a ramp yet.
Yeah Oil can be subjective to how and where you drive. Driver experience and Style dictates.
In smaller confined groomed areas, Lighter oils make it much more drivable. At the track for instance, Guys always run very thin oil as an example. You rarely even see higher than 30k if at all in the center diff. Most weights being in the single digits.

How Arrma sets them up out the box, for the most part. 10k at the Front and Rear diffs. 6s platforms get 100k center Stock. TLRT Typhon "Track Ready" platform is stock with single digit weights. I kept mine that way.
The FT is odd. Arrma uses 300k at the center, and with a Metal Center diff to boot. The FT runs a very HOT Center diff normally. Runs way hotter than the motor. And Actually Makes the motor hotter as a result. I have even considered a fan just for the Center diff. :geek: I even upped the Center to 700k'ish oil. ( mix of 500k and 1mil) Some food for thought.
For hard bashing in wide open areas, heavy oils is how its done. Especially for the Big Air rotation.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back