Mojave Arrma Mojave 4S. What have you broken?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

murgas1

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave 4s
So I love the Mojave 4S quite the amazing rc but I am constantly breaking her. So far today one front bumper mount, one pass side front lower a-arm, inner body panel ripped out of mounting and split both front fenders all the way to the windshield. I’ve bought a lot of spares from Jenny’s RC but I’m afraid they’ll run out of parts the way I’m going. Also can’t seem to keep any tread on the tires and so far no good replacements as I bought some proline badlands that don’t fit the front. Am I too rough on her or just unlucky?

The tires are one of the toughest SCT available, if you’re ripping asphalt/concrete often nothing all-terrain will last.

They’re meant for gravel/dirt/grass with “occasional” on-road transfer to the next area. 😂

I have had some pretty horrific tumbles and nose dives and mines got a big 6s system and runs 6s and haven't had anything break other than the body splitting where most people's are. How did you break an A arm??

Like @Garcbomber said if you are running on asphalt it's going to eat tires like anything would. The tires are small so they have a lot of torque going through them which makes them lose grip faster which of course means you are just grinding them away.

Which badlands did you buy by the way?

No breakage to report...running stock system. I believe you could run the Mojave 6s wheels but I'm not 100%. The proline 1/10 wheels are probably a little small. More intended for slash / senton.

The tires are one of the toughest SCT available, if you’re ripping asphalt/concrete often nothing all-terrain will last.

They’re meant for gravel/dirt/grass with “occasional” on-road transfer to the next area. 😂

I have had some pretty horrific tumbles and nose dives and mines got a big 6s system and runs 6s and haven't had anything break other than the body splitting where most people's are. How did you break an A arm??

Like @Garcbomber said if you are running on asphalt it's going to eat tires like anything would. The tires are small so they have a lot of torque going through them which makes them lose grip faster which of course means you are just grinding them away.

Which badlands did you buy by the way?
2nd front control arm broken. Don’t know why wasn’t doing anything super crazy but after a jump heard the tire rub and checked it out. Number two on the front a-arms

image.jpg

So I love the Mojave 4S quite the amazing rc but I am constantly breaking her. So far today one front bumper mount, one pass side front lower a-arm, inner body panel ripped out of mounting and split both front fenders all the way to the windshield. I’ve bought a lot of spares from Jenny’s RC but I’m afraid they’ll run out of parts the way I’m going. Also can’t seem to keep any tread on the tires and so far no good replacements as I bought some proline badlands that don’t fit the front. Am I too rough on her or just unlucky?
Wow, you, you beating her up bro.

Have given her a rest and did a lot of maintenance and cleaning. Want to stiffen up diffs a bit. Any suggestions on diff fluid? Got new crawlers and road cars to tide me over but she’ll be going out today!!
Have given her a rest and did a lot of maintenance and cleaning. Want to stiffen up diffs a bit. Any suggestions on diff fluid? Got new crawlers and road cars to tide me over but she’ll be going out today

I'm running 1 million in the center diff but ymmv. Seems like you're running mostly on concrete/asphalt.

Stock tires don't like that and as far as your broken arms I would suspect multiple other impacts and then the final straw that broke the camels back. Especially in cold weather.

I would strongly suggest inspecting you rig carefully after each run. Sometimes cracks you miss might only show themselves after a total break. Ask me how I know 🙃

1 million? Did that help with more bite from the front and rear diffs? I normally don’t run on asphalt/ concrete but when I did it just ate up the tires. Running on a single 4S now was using 2-2S packs originally seems a bit stronger now.

1 million? Did that help with more bite from the front and rear diffs? I normally don’t run on asphalt/ concrete but when I did it just ate up the tires. Running on a single 4S now was using 2-2S packs originally seems a bit stronger now.
The 1 mil in the center helps transfer more power to the rear wheels which helps with front tire ballooning. I did nothing with the front or rear diffs.

I've replaced the chassis and a rear shock. I jumped the Mojave in grass but the rear wheel got hung up on a small fence post. That broke the hinge pin retainer that is connected to the chassis (the loop you slide the hinge pin in that is molded to the chassis). This was at a pretty fast speed so I don't blame the car, I blame my careless driving. Then in a separate crash I had with my sons rc, I bent the rear shock. Not sure how as the crash was at very low speed. The body has splits in all 4 corners in the seams. Other than that, its taken a beating and still trucking.

I've replaced the chassis and a rear shock. I jumped the Mojave in grass but the rear wheel got hung up on a small fence post. That broke the hinge pin retainer that is connected to the chassis (the loop you slide the hinge pin in that is molded to the chassis). This was at a pretty fast speed so I don't blame the car, I blame my careless driving. Then in a separate crash I had with my sons rc, I bent the rear shock. Not sure how as the crash was at very low speed. The body has splits in all 4 corners in the seams. Other than that, its taken a beating and still trucking.
Sounds like you're having fun with it so good on you! I found I'd slightly bent a rear shock after I rebuilt mine but I'm gonna chalk that up to missing it on the rebuild. Good thing I already had spares! Jenny to the rescue 😁

Sounds like you're having fun with it so good on you! I found I'd slightly bent a rear shock after I rebuilt mine but I'm gonna chalk that up to missing it on the rebuild. Good thing I already had spares! Jenny to the rescue 😁
Bro I got Jennys RC on speed dial lol.

Ok now center driveshaft now very odd looking. Was in the midst of changing center diff fluid to 1 million but I can’t get it out?!? Removed the three screws supposedly holding it in. Won’t budge. What am I doing wrong?

image.jpg

Have you removed the module retainer clip? I've fought with the power module many times only to realize that thing was unscrewed but still in place. Mine is broken BTW, in keeping with the theme.

Since I work on high end cars with very little info from their respective birthplaces you would think I could figure it out. I did. It’s actually an excellent design. All is fixed/maintained and the shock rebuild 50 weight up front 60 in the rear really made an excellent change in how the truck handles.

Even though I trimmed the outer corners at a 45' angle (which helps keep front tires from catching on it as often) I ripped the front bumper rubber piece off after couple minutes running and jumping. Left front inner plastic cvd bit setscrew was stripped out, fortunately I had spare setscrews and the plastic bit has two holes, bought set of the cvd ends before I realized it has two holes...spares lol.

Motor cooling fan ran for a couple minutes and then dead, bought new same at LHS for immediate replacement, ordered upgraded Rocket 30mm aluminum fans.

Not broken, but steering has a LOT of SLOP in it, servo and the linkage! Not good for the minimal running I've managed.

Last edited:
Man I’ve parked my Mojave till I figure out some front end steering/ clearance issues. Been crawling with other rigs but have broken them also. New motors=a lot more torque= more broken bits.

IMG_9067.jpeg

To the few who said not to run billet suspension arms I will now respectfully disagree. I am willing to change chassis plates if I have to in the future but SO FAR, my Mojave drives much more to scale handles bumps and jumps better ( more predictable) and essentially RIPS. Steering is much more precise and since I changed the rear roll center and added 1 million center diff fluid it is again my favorite truck. I do bash my vehicles but within reason. No need to purposefully crash things when driving is much more fun. Do still have all my backup spares and enough Jenny’s loot to build another but I’ll keep the billet suspension on and let you all know how it goes.
PS roll center change and diff fluid makes for a wheel standing monster. Still stock electronics!!

Back