What yall wrenchin on tonight ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SUISLIDE

1st of his name , breaker of diffs
Premium Member
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Kraton EXB
  5. Notorious
  6. Outcast 8s
  7. Outcast EXB
  8. Vendetta
Picked up a new top plate to go with the aluminum center diff support while I'm waiting on my new motor to arrive. IF my wife loves me enough to have ordered it for me for my birthday . haha little snag with some buggered threads but easy fix . So this is what I'm doing at 9PM on a Saturday night . What are yall animals up to tonight ?
20230715_191631.jpg
20230715_191850.jpg
20230715_193651.jpg
20230715_204331.jpg
20230715_205021.jpg

Nice!

I'm just installing a power hobby clamp on fan mount on the big rock.. so far I'm not liking it....
It wiggles about on the motor unless you really crank it down and I don't want to do that. I guess I need to glue some emery cloth to it on the inside edge to give it some traction or something 🤔

20230715_201911.jpg

Nice!

I'm just installing a power hobby clamp on fan mount on the big rock.. so far I'm not liking it....
It wiggles about on the motor unless you really crank it down and I don't want to do that. I guess I need to glue some emery cloth to it on the inside edge to give it some traction or something 🤔

View attachment 311554
maybe fold up some aluminum foil as a little spacer . it'll dissipate heat , add a little girth to it , and possibly provide a not so "solid " mount to hopefully absorb fan blade breaking impacts . nice unit though ! I did the foil trick with my YR fan mount / heatsink

im 40mg deep myself lolol
two blunts and some circoc here :ROFLMAO:

I have so much wrenching to do and I've been so lazy. At least 4 rigs need to be "fixed" and that's not counting rigs that need me to do maint on diffs.

Nothing myself but my son tomorrow will be a different story.

For his birthday;
M2C shock towers, driveshafts inner and outer, stock inner hinge pins.
Scorched parts A hing retainer.
CRCU B-D hinge retainers.
Arrma black/heavy shock springs.

He'll be busy tomorrow. His truck is pretty hot already now it'll be hotter.

two blunts and some circoc here :ROFLMAO:

I have so much wrenching to do and I've been so lazy. At least 4 rigs need to be "fixed" and that's not counting rigs that need me to do maint on diffs.
Finally Got the kids in bed at 9:00

Then started wrenching
Just finished doing some work on my new 4 tec 3.0 .
Installed Ic5, Dumbo Receiver with gyro and a speed pinion.

Now going to chill out on the couch and enjoy the silence
IMG_20230715_214216.jpg

Nothing myself but my son tomorrow will be a different story.

For his birthday;
M2C shock towers, driveshafts inner and outer, stock inner hinge pins.
Scorched parts A hing retainer.
CRCU B-D hinge retainers.
Arrma black/heavy shock springs.

He'll be busy tomorrow. His truck is pretty hot already now it'll be hotter.
thats awesome ! happy birthday ! he doing the wrenching with ya at least ?

Then started wrenching

Now going to chill out on the couch and enjoy the silenceView attachment 311557
nice rig . clean

Then started wrenching

Now going to chill out on the couch and enjoy the silenceView attachment 311557

I've got 2 of the 4tec 3.0's
I'm currently running a 27t pinion in one of them. In my limited parking lot next door I can get 33mph out of it (gnss) before I run out of space. Motor runs questionable on temp. I havnt been worried enough to check it. They say what, 21 or 22t max on the 12t?
Accelerates very quickly. I don't feel the 27 is too much.

Fixed the steering on the GranPhon, put an aluminum servo horn on the SCT410 and a few Dos Equis

Nice!

Dude, I once thought these powerhobby mounts were the best option, then Notorious J turned me on the to these…..Canadian company who also makes nice upgrades for our rigs, (shock towers, etc,,,,all 7075 )

https://www.kc-rc.com/products/clip-motor-kc-rc-7075-t6

This mount is the best system I’ve ever come across. Once it’s mounted it ain’t coming off. You could lift your whole rig off the ground by this mount……7075 aluminum, fits on like a snap ring(s). Made for 40mm fans. Come with two pieces and screws for big fat fans if you choose to use big fat fans. Comes in all common sizes. I have this mount on all my 6S rigs and 8S rigs. You will not be disappointed. No screws or attachmen issues to deal with, just screw your fan to the mount then push it over the motor.

Heres a pic of the mount on the limitless.

IMG_0175.jpeg

Dude, I once thought these powerhobby mounts were the best option, then Notorious J turned me on the to these…..Canadian company who also makes nice upgrades for our rigs, (shock towers, etc,,,,all 7075 )

This mount is the best system I’ve ever come across. Once it’s mounted it ain’t coming off. You could lift your whole rig off the ground by this mount……7075 aluminum, fits on like a snap ring(s). Made for 40mm fans. Come with two pieces and screws for big fat fans if you choose to use big fat fans. Comes in all common sizes. I have this mount on all my 6S rigs and 8S rigs. You will not be disappointed. No screws or attachmen issues to deal with, just screw your fan to the mount then push it over the motor.

View attachment 311566
Dude ! That's a sweet mount ! Thanks for sharing that one. Your company ?

View attachment 311566

Thanks for the share man! I'll probably wind up ordering that one to give a try. Thier chassis brace looks good for the truck as well. 53 bucks isn't terrible.
I've got a 30x30 rocket fan but hey they aren't that expensive right 🤣

I've got 2 of the 4tec 3.0's
I'm currently running a 27t pinion in one of them. In my limited parking lot next door I can get 33mph out of it (gnss) before I run out of space. Motor runs questionable on temp. I havnt been worried enough to check it. They say what, 21 or 22t max on the 12t?
Accelerates very quickly. I don't feel the 27 is too much.
Yeah I think the included high speed was 22t. Not really concerned if the brushed motor gets roasted. Don't want this car to fast though. I like the Factory Five body so don't want to wreck it.

Yeah I think the included high speed was 22t. Not really concerned if the brushed motor gets roasted. Don't want this car to fast though. I like the Factory Five body so don't want to wreck it.

I've got the blue car and red truck. The truck was put on a shelf and hasn't ever had a battery in it!
I'm super careful with the car. Too good lookin to bash up!
If your not that worried about it I'd recommend a bigger pinion,😉

I've got the blue car and red truck. The truck was put on a shelf and hasn't ever had a battery in it!
I'm super careful with the car. Too good lookin to bash up!
If your not that worried about it I'd recommend a bigger pinion,😉
Yeah I got the blue 33 coupe. Body came with all scratches and blotches in the paint so trying to get Traxxas to warranty it. If they do then I don't mind beating this body.

Yeah I got the blue 33 coupe. Body came with all scratches and blotches in the paint so trying to get Traxxas to warranty it. If they do then I don't mind beating this body.

That sucks it came that way brother. I don't think I've ever gotten a damaged body from traxxas over the years. Good luck on getting that straightened out!
I scuffed the front fender the first night on the blue one. Once scuffed I just said oh well and run it. Not hard, I'm really careful with it.
Wife got these for me with the $300 for both deal. Too good to pass up.

20230703_155619.jpg

20230703_155602.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back