Senton What's it take to get the Senton to wheelie?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I'm running a castle 1410-3800 Kv motor and 32p gearing on 3s. I can't get this thing to wheelie. It just blows the tires off. What do I need to do to get it to wheelie? Sticky tires?

I'm running a castle 1410-3800 Kv motor and 32p gearing on 3s. I can't get this thing to wheelie. It just blows the tires off. What do I need to do to get it to wheelie? Sticky tires?
Have you tried to lock the center diff. I have a Nero with the diff locks and it lifts only when I lock the center. In my typhon I also tried the 500,000cst Team Ass Diff oil but still not lifting up right. I was thinking of locking the center on the typhon by putting some kind of putty (kids play doh) inside the center diff after to stop all movement of planetary gears inside the diff so it should be essentially locked and also could be removed easy enough.

Well with that motor your getting the rpm's but probably not getting enough torque to yank it forward fast enough to lift the front wheels up. If you had a 3660 3800kv motor you might be able to get it to wheelie. But yeah sticky tires would help a lot but then you might have to deal with traction roll.

Have you tried to lock the center diff. I have a Nero with the diff locks and it lifts only when I lock the center. In my typhon I also tried the 500,000cst Team Ass Diff oil but still not lifting up right. I was thinking of locking the center on the typhon by putting some kind of putty (kids play doh) inside the center diff after to stop all movement of planetary gears inside the diff so it should be essentially locked and also could be removed easy enough.

No center diff on the Mega, lol

Well with that motor your getting the rpm's but probably not getting enough torque to yank it forward fast enough to lift the front wheels up. If you had a 3660 3800kv motor you might be able to get it to wheelie. But yeah sticky tires would help a lot but then you might have to deal with traction roll.

The same motor in my Granite will double backflip no problem. I think the issue is the tiny tires.

The same motor in my Granite will double backflip no problem. I think the issue is the tiny tires.

With the stock wheels yeah it could be I know the Granite wheels can hook up pretty good (when not ballooning or blowing off the rim) the Senton being smaller might not hook up as well. I am not a big fan of wheelies though I understand they can be fun. I don't know to much about short course tires all I can think of is getting maybe short course trenchers. Seems what people like doing is putting bigger tires on them and turn them into monster trucks which makes it easier to wheelie but that would just be making the Senton a Granite, I think the Senton is what it is a hybrid not really a sct not really a monster truck kind of in between. That's off subject I am sorry just wanted to say it.

Might I ask though why you want it to wheelie?

Just for shits and grins. To see if it can be done, that's all.

I have a love have relationship with my Senton. I love the way it looks...the wide scale body. But I hate the way it performs. Unless I'm driving it on a smooth dirt surface it performs poorly. It's so low to the ground that it finds every rock and tree root. The tires have very little grip. It was really an impulse purchase that I regret.

I have a love have relationship with my Senton. I love the way it looks...the wide scale body. But I hate the way it performs. Unless I'm driving it on a smooth dirt surface it performs poorly. It's so low to the ground that it finds every rock and tree root. The tires have very little grip. It was really an impulse purchase that I regret.

I had thought about picking up a Senton to make into a speed runner. I have seen some really cool ideas people have done with them.

I had thought about picking up a Senton to make into a speed runner. I have seen some really cool ideas people have done with them.
If you want a speed runner, be sure and get the BLX6s version, and not the BLX3s or Mega version...

Me to have the same problem, my senton 3s wont wheelie on asphalt even with trencher 2.8 monster tires, but on snow with trencher 2.8 spike tires it wheelie. Seems like diff situatioun when i hit the throttle the car take few seconds to realize it should accelerate,

Do you mean that trenche 2.8 and badlands are too heavy for it to wheelie?
That i need to buy Granit wheels to be able to wheelie?

It's 2.8 tires, punch turned up, and a 13T or maybe 15T pinion and not the 20T the senton comes with out of the box. Need dat torque ?

Do you mean that trenche 2.8 and badlands are too heavy for it to wheelie?
That i need to buy Granit wheels to be able to wheelie?
Nope. I mean that I put those 2.8's on there, went outside, pulled the trigger, and up she went. I was stunned to say the least. Couldn't wheelie on stock tires at all.

My sct wheelied with any decent tires, including Louise/Duratrax short course. It was 2wd though, so lighter in the front. You couldn't keep the nose down!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back