Kraton What's next for Arrma??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Would like:
  • 1/5 Mojave
  • 1/5 Typhon
  • 1:24 Typhon
Hmmmmm...👍🏼
will still haven't got the kraton and outcast 4s yet in the uk
That sucks! Guess arrma needs to work on that. boo!
Funny, I just saw this brand mentioned elsewhere (maybe Reddit?) and the name put me off, but the site itself and the presentation really sells it for me. I'm not looking to take it outdoors much (aside from some street) so durability isn't my absolute biggest concern, but ideally I can use it with some of my existing batteries for my minis. Long as I can solder on a new connector - I will definitely keep this in mind, as my other thought was a Carisma 1/24th scale for around the same price.
👍🏼 yeh that was me on reddit as well. this forum is better imo

Some ideas here after a new build.

It handles very much like a mixture between Mojave and Infraction. Did not flip it over one - although on wet pavement with some rough patches. I actually think there is potential in this area for a new Arrma 6s model. Perhaps with a body type that is a vintage Pickup-Truck. Like a 1977 Ford-F150 or Chevvy 1951 vintage. Seems to me the 12cm tire diameter (Buggy height) would be fitting. Right inbetween the Mojave 14cm and Infraction 10cm tire height. Would be low enough for pavement and not just flip over in turns and high enough for gravel. The infraction is just too low for anything more than pavement and the Mojave would profit from a lower center of gravity when on pavement / urban area driving.

Others have done this type of build with 1/5 GRP tires before me (similar tire height like buggy tires but wider) and seem to be very happy with it as well. Thanks for their input!

I would actually like to see Arrma bring out more bodies that fit on their different chassis. Basically they have all the different chassis, arms, hubs etc. and more bodies would massively increase the customization possibilities. Now looking for some body to fit on this build above but the possibilities are very limited.

Mojave body is nice for this build but I think there is room for body improvement for this style of build.

Just imagine there were Arrma bodies fitting to the Limitless and Mojave length chassis like these and tires that would match:

Chevrolet Master 1935
1951 Chevvy Pickup
Dodge 1927 Graham Truck
1935 Ford F100
Ford vintage style like the Traxxas Factory Five

I think there is a lot of potenial here for some hobby fun.

For gravel driving I would probably have to cut the lower side of the body. Which is a bit of a bummer. Build here is made from: Mojave chassis, Typhon 6s arms, Kraton hubs for width, Typhon diffs, Max6 4985 motor, Mojave shock tower plate, towers otherwise Typhon, Buggy tires, Typhon 6s shocks. Sound is nice / windy without the stock interior. So it's staying this way. Max speed set to about 105km/h,

Happy about input about other aftermarket bodies that would work for this kind of build.

20230203_161330.jpg

20230203_161431.jpg

Video by Moirae - similar type of build with GRP Tires:

Video by Tomely RC:

Last edited:
Actually wondering why there is not more response to my last post.

Basically a 1/7 pick-up truck would be a next nice Arrma car option with several body options. Been looking around for 1/7 bodies that fit on Mojave and Limitless and the options are pretty slim. Kraton and Talion are pretty functional bodies. Mojave, Infraction and Limitless offer some extra looks. Would be nice to have more on the looks side. Don't really care for more body options for Talion and Kraton - they would not last too long anyway when bashing. I mean extra bodies are a easy sell-up to existing customers. And we pretty willingly do actually spend quite some money for stuff that gets rough treatment...

Some ideas here after a new build.

It handles very much like a mixture between Mojave and Infraction. Did not flip it over one - although on wet pavement with some rough patches. I actually think there is potential in this area for a new Arrma 6s model. Perhaps with a body type that is a vintage Pickup-Truck. Like a 1977 Ford-F150 or Chevvy 1951 vintage. Seems to me the 12cm tire diameter (Buggy height) would be fitting. Right inbetween the Mojave 14cm and Infraction 10cm tire height. Would be low enough for pavement and not just flip over in turns and high enough for gravel. The infraction is just too low for anything more than pavement and the Mojave would profit from a lower center of gravity when on pavement / urban area driving.

Others have done this type of build with 1/5 GRP tires before me (similar tire height like buggy tires but wider) and seem to be very happy with it as well. Thanks for their input!

I would actually like to see Arrma bring out more bodies that fit on their different chassis. Basically they have all the different chassis, arms, hubs etc. and more bodies would massively increase the customization possibilities. Now looking for some body to fit on this build above but the possibilities are very limited.

Mojave body is nice for this build but I think there is room for body improvement for this style of build.

Just imagine there were Arrma bodies fitting to the Limitless and Mojave length chassis like these and tires that would match:

Chevrolet Master 1935
1951 Chevvy Pickup
Dodge 1927 Graham Truck
1935 Ford F100
Ford vintage style like the Traxxas Factory Five

I think there is a lot of potenial here for some hobby fun.

For gravel driving I would probably have to cut the lower side of the body. Which is a bit of a bummer. Build here is made from: Mojave chassis, Typhon 6s arms, Kraton hubs for width, Typhon diffs, Max6 4985 motor, Mojave shock tower plate, towers otherwise Typhon, Buggy tires, Typhon 6s shocks. Sound is nice / windy without the stock interior. So it's staying this way. Max speed set to about 105km/h,

Happy about input about other aftermarket bodies that would work for this kind of build.

View attachment 275304

View attachment 275305

Video by Moirae - similar type of build with GRP Tires:

Video by Tomely RC:

man I would love to see some video fo you driving that thing! :cool: (y)

Actually wondering why there is not more response to my last post.
I don't know. I think the notification for me got lost in the mix. Good insight and ideas though! I haven't gotten into customizing bodies..yet. I grew up working on cars and hot rods in my dad's body shop, then painted cars for a living for a while and just got burnt out. I still have a couple Sata spray guns and all my airbrush equipment but don't have a workshop to do that kind of work. I need a space that has exhaust etc..blah blah. Your custom bodies are cool af though!!

The nero already had bullet proof diffs. 1.25 mod gears. I don't think can re release it like a v2. But they have to somehow create something and use the fazon nero and big rock name again. But im sure the nero big rock is scrap. They made the 3s big rock mat black its going to be pretty stupid to release a new nero rock mat black. But arrma imo has to create something that involves twin vertical plates.

They keep making reshells of typhons. Sure they upgraded it over time now they have the exb line and that is like their ultimate version.
They going to make an exb v2? The end of the road is near the v6 rtr only needs to come with exb open diffs and there is no point anymore of making a v7. The cars would be perfect at that point as a RTR point of view. They have to bring back their OG cars. Its those cars that started it all and those cars should imo be next to the kraton as the first models to come to mind when u think about Arrma. Ik they not going to release 2wd cars because of the price point but they have to create something and use the OG rc names on them. Stop using outcast, kraton on everything its getting exausting

another 1/5th scale please

If they release a nero that don't share the parts with the original Ima be pissed lol
another 1/5th scale please
That would be a terrible decision imo. A recession is coming thats why they are stopping productions of many cars imo. Only a small pourcentage of people who bash rcs would buy a 1/5 scale rc car. majority of people buy 1/10 and 1/8. Releasing the top most expensive rc car of their lineup or tied with the other 2 for the minority of rc drivers in the middle of an economy going to hell. That is disaster. Their 8s trucks just fell apart because of the weight of them everything bends or breaks. Arrma expected to rival the xmaxx with it but no way near close to it and now the XRT exists. They need to go back at the drawing board or salvage the sinking ship that is the 8s lineup somehow

If they release a nero that don't share the majority of the parts with the original or if its a complete new line ima be pretty pissed lol

That would be a terrible decision imo. A recession is coming thats why they are stopping productions of many cars imo. Only a small pourcentage of people who bash rcs would buy a 1/5 scale rc car. majority of people buy 1/10 and 1/8. Their 8s trucks just fall apart because of the weight of them everything bends or breaks. Arrma expected to rival the xmaxx with it but no way near close to it and now the XRT exists
I'd buy it! I love my kraton and outcast 8s and the only real complaint I have about them is the drivetrain not being strong enough. Might not be as light and durable as the xrt/xmaxx but fall apart? nah man. I would pre order a 1/5th typhon right now and I wouldn't think twice. It would be a done deal and I'd have a large smile on my face. I don't care what the majority of people buy. Arrma must not either because they came out with 2 1/5th scale rigs already.

I'd buy it! I love my kraton and outcast 8s and the only real complaint I have about them is the drivetrain not being strong enough. Might not be as light and durable as the xrt/xmaxx but fall apart? nah man. I would pre order a 1/5th typhon right now and I wouldn't think twice. It would be a done deal and I'd have a large smile on my face. I don't care what the majority of people buy. Arrma must not either because they came out with 2 1/5th scale rigs already.
in other words it needs to be maintained a lot sooner than an xmaxx or XRT would.

If they release a nero that don't share the parts with the original Ima be pissed lol

That would be a terrible decision imo. A recession is coming thats why they are stopping productions of many cars imo. Only a small pourcentage of people who bash rcs would buy a 1/5 scale rc car. majority of people buy 1/10 and 1/8. Releasing the top most expensive rc car of their lineup or tied with the other 2 for the minority of rc drivers in the middle of an economy going to hell. That is disaster. Their 8s trucks just fell apart because of the weight of them everything bends or breaks. Arrma expected to rival the xmaxx with it but no way near close to it and now the XRT exists. They need to go back at the drawing board or salvage the sinking ship that is the 8s lineup somehow

It's weird, because I used to disagree with almost everything you wrote. Now I pretty much agree with everything you write. 🤣

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back