What's the DIFFerences here

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mikeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeal

I'm on one today
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Limitless
  3. Kraton 6s
Other than spur tooth count what's different between all these 6s center differentials?

Screenshot_20230416-133251.png
Screenshot_20230416-133308.png

All 3 the smooth cup ones are BLX, no difference between them internally, just the one has a smaller spur.
The 2 top ones are identical.

The EXB one is different, case is smaller,so you can only use EXB spurs, a regular BLX 46 or 50t pinion will not work, however outdrive shafts and pins that hold the diff crownwheels are thicker, so they tend to be more reliable.

I would go to Jennys RC and search 'Arrma center diff 6s' and buy there vs whatever site(s) those were from, if it were me. AFAIK the $20 Typhon one is the same as the $23 Kraton one. It is even the same as the $40 Infraction/Felony ones other than the different-sized spur, from what I can tell in the Arrma and Horizon exploded views.

2023-04-16_17h50_19.png

I just bought a few a month ago in fact.

2023-04-16_17h49_09.png

2023-04-16_17h49_29.png

PXL_20230416_225244241.jpg

Last edited:
EXB ones usually are, indeed.
But it could be they are open, as I see no mention of LSD (and the price seems quite low for the LSD version)

The EXB center diff is the limited slip. I bought one from Jenny's RC for my Typhon. it was about the same price.

From a very simplistic view EXB work with EXB platform. I’m 99.9% sure the remainder will work interchangeably with any of the 6s platform. Someone correct me if I’m wrong.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back