What's wrong with bending a chassis?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey lovestricken, do you have a tower to tower brace like the v4?

Since I have a t2t brace I haven't bent my chassis again, just a shock tower or 2
This is a very good reason for an upgraded chassis. Before I upgraded to M2C, my towers were bending and more often, snapping off the gear boxes. The homemade t2t was the reason. After switching, the issues are almost completely gone. It all depends on how hard and high you plan on sending it I guess. If you just rip around parks and jump small beams, you shouldn't have to change a thing. If you plan on getting high up with double backs or the occasional fronty, then that upgraded chassis becomes life support. My .2 cents, but coming from a wallet that was dried out replacing towers and dif cases.

I have the M2C chassis on my V3 Kraton and have decided to add the V4 center brace. While the chassis doesn't bend it still flexes like the stocker. That flex shreds bodies. I didn't have flex with the JBI chassis .

I have the M2C chassis on my V3 Kraton and have decided to add the V4 center brace. While the chassis doesn't bend it still flexes like the stocker. That flex shreds bodies. I didn't have flex with the JBI chassis .
A brace is okay, I just don't like it going tower to tower. I use a fiber glass tube with holes drilled through on both ends. I tie wrap it to my chassis braces. It holds as much as it needs to, but if the hit is extreme, the ties just snap and no other damage incurred.
20190630_223746.jpg

A brace is okay, I just don't like it going tower to tower. I use a fiber glass tube with holes drilled through on both ends. I tie wrap it to my chassis braces. It holds as much as it needs to, but if the hit is extreme, the ties just snap and no other damage incurred. View attachment 55574

Interesting. Where do we get fiberglass tubing?

Interesting. Where do we get fiberglass tubing?
Old ski poles. Now that might be harder to come by in the south, but up here, they're as common as Tim Hortons, maple syrup and poutine?

Old ski poles. Now that might be harder to come by in the south, but up here, they're as common as Tim Hortons, maple syrup and poutine?

I'll be! Just checked ebay and I'm sure they don't have to be super, high-end brand or anything. $25 for some cheapos should do the trick and cover several trucks.

I'll be! Just checked ebay and I'm sure they don't have to be super, high-end brand or anything. $25 for some cheapos should do the trick and cover several trucks.

You can also get carbon fiber tube/ rod off ebay..

I'd check local like Kijiji and Facebook. Buy them used if you can. Cut them so they're a 1/4 to 1/2 inch short of either tower. It will rest nicely in the front and back without disturbing anything else.
You can also get carbon fiber tube/ rod off ebay..
You fancy huh?

I'd check local like Kijiji and Facebook. Buy them used if you can. Cut them so they're a 1/4 to 1/2 inch short of either tower. It will rest nicely in the front and back without disturbing anything else.

You fancy huh?

:ROFLMAO: ya sometimes... the ski pole idea is a great one though.. living in the north they are quite abundant...
I used a old xmaxx driveshaft I had laying around...

Attachments

• 20191006_183004.jpg
    20191006_183004.jpg
    349.7 KB · Views: 51
A brace is okay, I just don't like it going tower to tower. I use a fiber glass tube with holes drilled through on both ends. I tie wrap it to my chassis braces. It holds as much as it needs to, but if the hit is extreme, the ties just snap and no other damage incurred. View attachment 55574

This was my homemade T2T. 1/2" aluminum tube with rubber ends. I "smithed" it in to fit snug between the tower. But like you I decided I didn't like how high it pushed up on towers. I don't care for the look either. I already have the Arrma center brace. The Hot Racing mounts should arrive today.

Attachments

• IMG_20191129_094921311.jpg
    IMG_20191129_094921311.jpg
    280.8 KB · Views: 41
This was my homemade T2T. 1/2" aluminum tube with rubber ends. I "smithed" it in to fit snug between the tower. But like you I decided I didn't like how high it pushed up on towers. I don't care for the look either. I already have the Arrma center brace. The Hot Racing mounts should arrive today.
If we're judging my truck on how it looks, I'm leaving the building?. I have no front body mounts, a ski pole running through the middle and Gorilla tape body effects. Mine is about being able to run it as hard as I can, so no one ever gets a good look at the details. You know, good from far but far from good?

Try a long rear skid plate from m3 Germany that help keep the chassis straight. ?

I like those skids for the kraton.. very simple, very effective..

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back