Wheels Stuggle turning.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Now Notorious

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I have a New Notorious that I have ran one time through a full pack. What would make My wheels turn and center great when the wheels are not on the ground. Once the truck is sitting the wheels will not turn, it struggles. It does this with a brand new Hitec 925 servo and the stock servo. I have adjusted my steering end points. I am flustered as to what this could be. I have never had this issue with my Teknomt410

No not at all. At first I thought it may have been that my Hitec got too cold over the Christmas break here in Michigan but today is 50 degrees and it is still doing the same thing

It will keep loosening itself. Someone on here uses some shock spacers from traxxas I think to keep the nut up in the middle of the threads. I used blue gel threadlock and it worked for a while, then loosened up on me yesterday. So last night, I cleaned the post of blue threadlock, then put it where I think I want it and put red threadlock on it.

Could also use teflon tape.

The servo saver is factory.

Attachments

• F37FFAE1-CB49-4007-9A61-B0C41BEDC33E.jpeg
    F37FFAE1-CB49-4007-9A61-B0C41BEDC33E.jpeg
    255 KB · Views: 41
I’m the one that suggested the Traxxas shock spacer, it is still working for us. It was my 13 yr old sons idea!
+1 for this idea. Really easy and very inexpensive. With the variety of different sizes collars available, you can increase or decrease as necessary ?

The servo saver is factory.
Try to put a small wedge between the servo and the mount. It stops some flex that will help your steering but probably shorten the life of the servo

Checked the pillow balls. All four screws were flush and not tight. More on the looser side than anything

That might be. This is my first RC with PillowBall suspension
Tighten to snug, back of quarter turn and test. Continue backing off a quarter turn until it feels
Would a different servo saver matter?
Nope. If your truck is new, it just needs tweaks. I can't imagine your servo or servo saver are the issue. The pillowballs would be my first guess. They can be adjusted with the wheels still on, with one of the larger allen keys included in the box. Here's a video link:

This can be done through the holes in the wheels while they're still on the truck

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back