Turning problems

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aaron72

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Hi I am having turning issues when I turn it won't straighten out all the way and have to adjust with the controller do I need a new servo

Howdy Aaron, welcome to the forum. What kind of rig is it? Stock servos are notoriously bad, but before you trash it check your steering linkage to rule out a mechanical obstruction. Did you set the endpoints prior to running the truck? If not, that can eat the RTR servos pretty quickly. It would be to your benefit to provide a little more information when asking a question. You’ll get better responses and solutions if we know what’s going on.

Welcome to the forum. Almost certain that you will not need a new servo but need some pictures or a better description.
What happened prior?
Picture of the front with all steering visible.
What model?

A video might help better also.

Well, what model and do you know what servo it is? Is the vehicle stock?
It's a jlb cheetah and it's a cheap one I think it's 20 to 25 kg all aluminum case it's blue I bought it like that

1680284171628.jpg

It's a jlb cheetah and it's a cheap one I think it's 20 to 25 kg all aluminum case it's blue I bought it like that

1680284171628.jpg
Those are different tires the ones that came with it was messed up

View attachment 296238

Those are different tires the ones that came with it was messed up
Well, ok then…. Maybe the servo wasn’t waterproof? You still have water sloshing around in the bottom of the chassis. How long was it under water? You should really clean it and blow it dry. That much water will really wreak havoc on everything from bearings to electronics.

Well, ok then…. Maybe the servo wasn’t waterproof? You still have water sloshing around in the bottom of the chassis. How long was it under water? You should really clean it and blow it dry. That much water will really wreak havoc on everything from bearings to electronics.
I bought it as a project car every thing works on it but the steering don't straight up from the turn it does turn its just annoying trying to go fast in it

+1.
These are not Water proof or even water resistant. Nothing about RC's are. Water can affect the ESC, motors, The Reciever, and absolutely any Servo. I don't care what they say, WP or WR. Been there. Not to say many don't run in the wet. Just need to be prepared for all types of water/moisture caused issues. Including your servo.
Take out the servo and see if it works properly while not connected to anything.

+1.
These are not Water proof or even water resistant. Nothing about RC's are. Water can affect the ESC, motors, The Reciever, and absolutely any Servo. I don't care what they say, WP or WR. Been there. Not to say many don't run in the wet. Just need to be prepared for all types of water/moisture caused issues. Including your servo.
Take out the servo and see if it works properly while not connected to anything.
OK thanks for the advice I'll try putting it in my infraction and see if it works right

Like I said, first try operating the servo unconnected to anything. Make sure the Servo travel is proper/equal both Left and RIght.

Like I said, first try operating the servo unconnected to anything. Make sure the Servo travel is proper both Left and RIght.
OK I'll try that first really appreciate the help

Good luck.
Let us know how it works out.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back