Hey just got this rig

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pabl007

Reaction score
Got this drift rig off my dad as a restoration project

AE3BB9A2-8682-43C4-AE01-774704E3B1FE.jpeg

Any idea what model it is? HPI?

Nice project there.
Are you all into Nitro?
Not sure comes with Corolla body and saids p190 and most of it is needs a few new things and I would like to try a nitro car

Any idea what model it is? HPI?

Nice project there.
Are you all into Nitro?

It's no hpi.......

I'm all about nitro, everyone knows that but nitro + drifting doesn't work out very well... sustained high rpm with practicality no load usually kills the bottom end. I've never seen any nitro engine hold up long under those conditions very long.

Good luck though man. If you don't know the model I can scope it out.

It's no hpi.......

I'm all about nitro, everyone knows that but nitro + drifting doesn't work out very well... sustained high rpm with practicality no load usually kills the bottom end. I've never seen any nitro engine hold up long under those conditions very long.

Thanks I will send more photos later

It's no hpi.......

Yeah Nitro in Drifting is not a thing. Drifting began with Lipos and BLX setups. Even Brushed setups early on. That looks more like a 1/10 Nitro TC from the early 2000's to me. Even the Futaba RX looks that old.
That's why I thought HPI. RS4 Nitro maybe. Not.

Yeah Nitro in Drifting is not a thing. Drifting began with Lipos and BLX setups. Even Brushed setups early on. That looks more like a 1/10 Nitro TC from the early 2000's to me. Even the Futaba RX looks that old.
That's why I thought HPI. RS4 Nitro maybe. Not.

At first glance it strikes me as a Megatech brand rc... the bumpers seem to resemble those. Need more pics.
That would have been early 2000's most likely.

This is the Megatech I was thinking. Very similar bumpers, sway bars and body mounts.. hmm..
Pretty sure this is it- Megatech Razor. This one clearly has a Picco engine upgrade.

Edit- your top plate is broken off right behind the diff. Should mount to diff. Where your receiver is sitting the top plate should be there with the steering servo mount.

car1.jpg

1_27bb5b28481c3390c6526e06c5a001ea.jpg

Last edited:
Google says it's a Reely P190.View attachment 341501

After some searching.... You are correct! But.. I'm also correct... and this guy to our left that says it's a "Verbrenner P190" is also correct.
Seems like the same car was sold in different places under different names. The Verbrenner P190 was sold in Germany it appears.
Figures. Megatech was kind of like the hyper go/ red cat of the early 2000's. Selling rebadged things.
All the same, I cannot say which it was sold as.

After some searching.... You are correct! But.. I'm also correct... and this guy to our left that says it's a "Verbrenner P190" is also correct.
Seems like the same car was sold in different places under different names. The Verbrenner P190 was sold in Germany it appears.
Figures. Megatech was kind of like the hyper go/ red cat of the early 2000's. Selling rebadged things.
All the same, I cannot say which it was sold as.
So in a sense, it's like those Chinese products flooding Ebay and Amazon markets under different names depending on who bought them?

So in a sense, it's like those Chinese products flooding Ebay and Amazon markets under different names depending on who bought them?

Looks like it.
Duratrax sold cars that way.. megatech did... there were a few brands early 2000's that did it.
Heck even Hobao was actually sold here under Ofna's name.

I've looked a fair bit and while I am certain that is the car, I've yet to see one with those camber links his has. Wondering if they weren't switched out with something at some point over the years.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back