Big Rock who can talk me out of the tenacity MT? big rock?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maddmatt02

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
OK, own an arrma senton 4x4 mega. its gone from brushed to a 3s/60A/3660 setup, and now runs a 4s/120A/4260 setup. the durability is amazing and I was pretty sold on getting a 3s BLX version for myself (senton is my kids truck). I am getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger (haven't because I can't decide between typhon and big rock even though they are not really comparable...)

problem is I see the tenacity MT is now 249, has a higher amp rated ESC that says 4s capable, center diff, AVC(don't usually run the TSM thats available to me now and then but it would be cool for my kids/friends).

I hear it also only has 2 spiders instead of 4 out of the box as well as a flimsy body, stupid battery tray, and a motor that cant run 3s with the stock gearing without frying. shock caps also need to go to aluminum.

my plan would be 4 spiders right away as well as shoe goo the body, aluminum caps. Also nice 36mm heatsink/fan and/or run one of my cheap 2600kv 3660s and gear up a little. maybe even try out 4s.

so I could get the truck, and spider gears, and reinforce the body, and get the caps now for about the cost of the granite...

plus for the arrma is we have the senton... so parts sharing... I figure if anyone can sway me back to the big rock its going to be on an arrma forum.

I looked hard at that truck before I pulled the trigger on an Typhon..... There’s a reason there dropping the price on thoses... Reviews suck and I was afraid they would discontinue that model.... Get the Typhon or Big rock and don’t look back... jmo.

OK, own an arrma senton 4x4 mega. its gone from brushed to a 3s/60A/3660 setup, and now runs a 4s/120A/4260 setup. the durability is amazing and I was pretty sold on getting a 3s BLX version for myself (senton is my kids truck). I am getting closer and closer to pulling the trigger (haven't because I can't decide between typhon and big rock even though they are not really comparable...)

problem is I see the tenacity MT is now 249, has a higher amp rated ESC that says 4s capable, center diff, AVC(don't usually run the TSM thats available to me now and then but it would be cool for my kids/friends).

I hear it also only has 2 spiders instead of 4 out of the box as well as a flimsy body, stupid battery tray, and a motor that cant run 3s with the stock gearing without frying. shock caps also need to go to aluminum.

my plan would be 4 spiders right away as well as shoe goo the body, aluminum caps. Also nice 36mm heatsink/fan and/or run one of my cheap 2600kv 3660s and gear up a little. maybe even try out 4s.

so I could get the truck, and spider gears, and reinforce the body, and get the caps now for about the cost of the granite...

plus for the arrma is we have the senton... so parts sharing... I figure if anyone can sway me back to the big rock its going to be on an arrma forum.

So, you do have the senton? Also, what do you want to do with it? jump, backyard bash, track, etc?

Well I noticed the truggy and sct prices didn't drop. Also I watched some reviews so far and it seems like besides an over geared motor on 3s and the popping shock caps that its very durable. Just finished killeroffroadhobbyz review and looks like he drives pretty hard (granted not duperbash hard) and broke nothing but popped shock caps before going to aluminum.

Yeah we have the senton and I do a lot of jumping with it when i have the radio. So the tenacity will fly plenty. Probably hit the bmx track with it with the kid and her senton. Track is relatively tame, maybe 3' tall jumps tops without much of a runway.

ESC. Amps. Are. A. Scam. They. Don't. Have. A. Standard. Don't even get me started on how many "120 amp" esc's are out there that can barely run a longblock 10th scale motor on 3s, and how many "90 amp" esc's can run full blown 4276 8th scale motors on 6s with no issues. RATED AMPS ARE NEVER TRUE! How many times am I gonna have to say this before it catches on.

Anyway, I'd pass on the tenacity, it's not the best basher or racer.

I have a senton too... its kinda cool but def my least fav arrma....If 3s is what you are gonna go with than i would say the BRCC. I do not own one but I know what to look for in a fun truck and that thing looks so fun..... @bicketybam has like a dozen or more vids of him jumping the BRCC and Granite... you should check them out...

Ive probably seen some, I know I've watched a ton of rcdude and richs videos jumping all the arrmas. Understandable about the amps, I guess my point would still be that its "claimed" to be 4s capable and I think it might even have been bickety that just had another blx100 take a dump that I just read about. The more I look at the truck the harder it is not to pull the trigger. I do know this arrma has taken some crazy abuse from me and I have broken nothing but a bunch of front skids before the part revision and one a arm. BUT I keep seeing people constantly twisting axles which Ive never done but I only have the little lightweight SC wheels/tires on it... also I haven't even gone through a single 48P spur even on the 4s power... so I think maybe I imagine myself being real hard on them but I am really not.

I do have some old 14mm stablemaxx wheels with original tmaxx tires I was going to try and fit but wasn't enough offset. now that the typhon is out maybe those arms will widen it enough... then I can see if I can start tearing up the drivetrain. I have a BLX diff in the rear and an HD input up front (couldnt get my hands on 2 BLX diffs at the time so I only have the BLX input in the box waiting to break something to upgrade the front)

man, there is no 4s on a 3s rig... you get 3s only or you just break stuff... That is a given.... if you are into experimenting, get a 6s and do something with that... The 3s line in my opinion is a RTR bash special for the person who isnt beating it too hard and who doesn't want to work on it that much. It can be special if you do the opposite, but it takes a lot of aluminum....

Would like to but a kraton costs 2x that of the tenacity and I have no 6s batteries and only one pair of 3s that aren't for sure up to the task...

i wanted the losi tenacity MT badly. it took a lot for me to go with the arrma granite ( I am very glad i went that route by the way)
the tenacity mt just looks awesome. I did ALOT of research on the truck, the chassis breaks, the motor over heats, the shock caps as you listed. the body sucks. I still want one. HAHA. I don't know what it is about that truck but it has me intrigued. we love our granite. has been an absolute blast to drive. we have dumped ALOT of money into it so far. I think that will go with any RC though.

i wanted the losi tenacity MT badly. it took a lot for me to go with the arrma granite ( I am very glad i went that route by the way)
the tenacity mt just looks awesome. I did ALOT of research on the truck, the chassis breaks, the motor over heats, the shock caps as you listed. the body sucks. I still want one. HAHA. I don't know what it is about that truck but it has me intrigued. we love our granite. has been an absolute blast to drive. we have dumped ALOT of money into it so far. I think that will go with any RC though.

You aren't talking about the ten MT are you? I haven't done a ton of research yet but have seen it mentioned the ten MT would break the chassis but this ones reinforced in the problem area. I did eat of one person's broken tenacity chassis but it wad followed by somebody's comment about their broken granite chassis. I'm looking for something to take over my Emaxx because I have all that RPM makes and now just break the chassis. Found a plate to put the trans on an aluminum t maxx chassis and I have one because I wanted to work on that later on. Maybe I'll rebuild it like that and see how it goes because it's a blast but I break it every time I go out.

The Senton & BRCC are the same car. You can convert one to the other with a few external parts. A E-Maxx body will fit a Senton with the BRCC side guards, add Granite wheels & you're done. You can add the front/rear bumpers & wheelie bar if you want but all of those will only last a few outings if you jump the thing. I'm going to pick up a Tenacity just for the heck of it since it's so cheap. I already have a few low kv 4s cans that will fit in it & plenty of aluminum shocks (I'm not a fan of buying caps that cost more than shocks). I can't stand the controller or AVC so I'm going to sack both.

I started doing so, and the electronics are actually from my emaxx, I have the brcc body mounts, I have some of the slipper parts but things like the spur are way backordered so I got everything I could from the LHS but still waiting on a few things. for wheels was hoping the stablemaxx setup I had would work but not enough offset... emaxx body sits on nicely I would just have to trim a little for the bumper mounts to lower the body so it would reach the posts.

You aren't talking about the ten MT are you? I haven't done a ton of research yet but have seen it mentioned the ten MT would break the chassis but this ones reinforced in the problem area. I did eat of one person's broken tenacity chassis but it wad followed by somebody's comment about their broken granite chassis. I'm looking for something to take over my Emaxx because I have all that RPM makes and now just break the chassis. Found a plate to put the trans on an aluminum t maxx chassis and I have one because I wanted to work on that later on. Maybe I'll rebuild it like that and see how it goes because it's a blast but I break it every time I go out.

No the tenacity mt breaks the chassis. Search YouTube or google. I did a ton of research on this truck before I pulled the trigger on the arrma. The chassis are three pieces and they break where the chassis plate for the differentials meet the center chassis plate. Hard t explain but if you look on the under side of the truck you’ll see what I’m saying

I have searched "tenacity mt broken" "tenacity mt chassis" on youtube, searched google for same and added the word "forum" to each search and I am only finding claims of extreme durability or mentions of motors and shock caps. I am going to look at the parts compared to the truggy. I wonder if its as simple as a chassis swap and bolt everything else back in to go with the truggy... then I could get the MT and if it proves to break the chassis I could get the truggy... I don't know that 83 dollar easy pay on tower is sure hard to resist!

of course tower doesn't have ANY 3s blx in stock, none say easy pay either but maybe just because of the backorder because the 6s arrma does say easy pay.

My neighbor has the Tennacity MT. Let me tell you, NO. He has had nothing but problems with it. The axles are undersized, the chassis is weak (He has broken the front chassis 3 times now), the stock gearing and motor run consistently at 185+ degrees on 3S, the shocks are undersprung and the caps pop off every run, and worst of all nobody anywhere makes ANY aftermarket parts for it. It is too narrow so it traction rolls like crazy and the body is made from early 2000's grade .5mm lexan.

I love Losi stuff, but I certainly do not recommend the Tenacity MT.

Main problem with the Tenacity MT is the high center gravity chassis. If they had just used the regular Tenacity (or better yet TEN-SCTE chassis), I'd probably buy one.

The SCT actually has the 'extreme durability' mark. It has a one piece chassis design as well as an aluminum upgrade. The chassis on the MT is a 3-part design that breaks just like the Traxxas cars that share the same design. I do like a challenge in trying to make it a basher but Losi might be discontinuing it after the price slash & I have other things I can waste $250 on, for now. However, I was tempted today. My LHS had it for $200 & I could use 2 of my 10 off 100 coupons on it. But after looking over the truck again, it seemed awfully pathetic compared to the beef cake BRCC that was sitting next to it. Even the Ruckus on the other side made it look like a wimp. The arms are way too thin. The axles look like I can bend them in my hands. The body might as well be paper. The way the front bulkhead screws into the chassis is a complete weak point, then it narrows with indents before the diff case - just like the Stampede. You have to buy the entire 3-part chassis just to replace that part. They can keep it. I left with the wheels & bodies I came in there to get.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back