Why my ESC on Talion V3 looks have only one connection for battery, can I split it to connect 2 batteries at a time? Sorry I am new to this, thanks!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SergTalionV3

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
Why my ESC on Talion V3 looks have only one connection for battery, can I split it to connect 2 batteries at a time?
sorry I am new to this.
Thanks!

Attachments

• AFCDAD76-8412-42C4-9B37-F33561300CAB.jpeg
    AFCDAD76-8412-42C4-9B37-F33561300CAB.jpeg
    368.6 KB · Views: 114
It looks like you've purchased second hand and someone has removed the ability to run two batteries in parallel. You certainly can but will take a little work to get it back to the way it ships from factory.
Maybe somebody will trade a stock esc for what you have. The work the original owner did looks pretty good nonetheless.

Sorry so can I reproduce it and run it on 2 batteries up to 6s total right?
Thanks again!

Yes, you can add a connector in series. They do it in the factory. It's not magic. :)
You can also buy an adaptor so you don't even have to solder.

Yes, you can add a connector in series. They do it in the factory. It's not magic. :)
You can also buy an adaptor so you don't even have to solder.
Any advice where to get adaptor? Really trying to get in this. Thanks a lot for help!
I think I found the right one on ebay!

Attachments

• 19DF2D98-E544-4884-B370-578111E678B0.png
    19DF2D98-E544-4884-B370-578111E678B0.png
    656.1 KB · Views: 57
Last edited:
That is good option too, I just got this toy so trying to get used to it, fix it, clean and oil, little later yes! Thanks anyway!

But it would be better to solder another connector directly to the ESC wires.

^ This..

Additional connectors just add more resistance and potential failure points.

Providing you haven't purchased any Lipos yet why not avoid it completely and just run single 6S Lipos? I don't see any advantages with running 2×3s unless you have some left over from 3s lipos that you can utilise.

I think I found the right one on ebay!
^ This is a parallel connector which doubles the capacity (mAh).
You need a series connector to double the voltage:

2x 3s 5000mAh parallel = 1x 3s 10000mAh

2x 3s 5000mAh series = 1x 6s 5000mAh

^ This is a parallel connector which doubles the capacity (mAh).
You need a series connector to double the voltage:

2x 3s 5000mAh parallel = 1x 3s 10000mAh

2x 3s 5000mAh series = 1x 6s 5000mAh
Any in the retail? Advice pls

Yes, got it! Thanks!
Now I have the other problem...next...I created new thread...doesn’t want to run, but steering is working, esc blinks red

Yes, got it! Thanks!
Now I have the other problem...next...I created new thread...doesn’t want to run, but steering is working, esc blinks red
You need to calibrate the esc. Power on the transmitter. Power up the car while you hold down the set button it will blink red and beep. While tx (transmitter) is in neutral push set button, should flash green. Know hold full throttle, push set button ,green light. Know hold full reverse hit set button should be two green flashes. Then power off. Power back on you should be good.

You need to calibrate the esc. Power on the transmitter. Power up the car while you hold down the set button it will blink red and beep. While tx (transmitter) is in neutral push set button, should flash green. Know hold full throttle, push set button ,green light. Know hold full reverse hit set button should be two green flashes. Then power off. Power back on you should be good.
Awesome it did work! Thanks! That was an easy fix and a good piece of info for future!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back