Would you return this? New Limitless appears to have been partially opened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looks like someone bought it, ran it once- it crashed, and they decided maybe this wasnt the right gift for a 6 year old so they returned it. I don't doubt it works just fine but amazon should have sold this to you at discounted price as they often do "Available used-good condition" or however they phrase that. If its new you want and you paid for new. I would return it saying product is damaged. (Which by the way amazon will occasionally tell you to keep it and they'll send replacement)
This doesn't look like it was ever ran ..easy to tell by looking at the diff covers and axles crap sticks to them like glue .only takes a few minutes for crap to gunk up everywhere in these low profile cars..trust me I know because my infraction is allways mint .ocd 🤣 and as soon as I do one pass everything inside is already dirty with debris.from micro dirt ,leaves , pebbles .you name it .the most obvious thing to first look at would be the tires and not so much dirt on them cause they can be cleaned very well to the point they look new .it's the tread..most tires wear off the sides first before the middle ..I suppose a experienced eye would help.. I can take a used rig and detail it so well that you wouldn't even know it was used . Again like I mentioned in the start of this thread I still think it was opened by the mailing carrier..they do random checks .and on my experience three times were bran new rigs in large boxes open .yes security seals were broken but they were retaped again ..as for a zip tei cut off well maybey they wanted to check underneath to make sure nothing was smuggled inside 🤷 yes USPS ,and FedEx and UPS all do this .like I said from experience it's happened to me and I called each carrier..standard protocol..

I bet they do not inspect returns on most items, if they did they’d have to raise their prices to cover that cost.
Probably not, they seem to work their employees pretty dang hard and fast they're all about volume. I gotta give those drivers some credit- they're runnin full ham all day and prob not getting paid like UPS or FEDEX, speaking of which- amazon is pulling up (in the rain) with my reciever now. ha

a

Well said man. It’s just not worth it because you already inspected it and the car is new. You’d go through the return hassle and end up with the same damn thing - a brand new limitless.

P.S. I’m surprised by the number of people here suggesting a return to see if Amazon lets you keep the car for free. That doesn’t seem right to me.
That's sounds like a scam to me lol .I'm more surprised this thread keeps still going with more same advice lol .like I said ,seems like everyone is more worried than @DavefromCA .he already said he's keeping it ..good move .he's got a sweet rig so save the time for more building .I'm sure he's excited and anxious..oh by the way doesn't a new rig have that good ole sweet smell 😁 I'm sure it smells new 👍. Hey Dave get building brotha have some fun
..now can we close this thread 😁👍

4 pages, impressive.

Chill Popcorn GIF

Yes I certainly would not want to get it for
Free like that
Well if the cars new and you're trying to return it in hopes they say keep it. I'd say that's fraudulent. But if you really are wanting to return a damaged item and they say keep it. i wouldnt think that's unethical. Jeff Bezos is worth 175 Billion, His company can afford to cut losses to keep customers happy. And not to have to deal with the return processing time and labor.

Just to be clear, the car 100% was NOT ran. All three zip ties were intact, just the rear two were not attached to the cardboard. Not to mention there is no servo, esc, motor, receiver lol

I’m so happy, this is my first post here that inspired debate.

I guess the guys who would say "keep it"... well it is not theirs, and probably wouldn't mind getting a Scratch and Dent opened box anything.???. Makes no sense to me. RC or any product. Toy or not.
Geeze $400. at at that????
I get it, these are toys and for some of us, we need that instant gratification, whether it is used, scratched, opened or not. Can't part with it now despite.
If the OP was patient he would have had another "Sealed unopened one" inside of 10 days or so. Being new to this, who knows what was actually missing. Can't judge by the pix, sitting back in our Armchairs.
We are all on the sidelines here, and have nothing to lose by saying "keep it". Only the OP will have that liability. And he made his choice already.

>>>I just hope he doesn't make another post, second guessing what parts are supposed to be in the box. :rolleyes:
And even IF USPS or whomever opened it, that is between the seller and the shipper. Because what the OP got is not what he purchased. He didn't order a Scratch and Dent Open box item. He would have stated so.
Seems like a very simple one to me. He asked an obvious question, he didn't get what he ordered.
Logical to say , SEND IT BACK. I think that is the best answer.
He can do what he wants after all said and done.
:LOL:

Last edited:
I inspected it, it’s not scratched or dented, just some of the protective film is rubbed, it’s not Missing parts. I should add, someone replaced the cut open circular tape that hold the box together with more of the same circular tape pieces so Horizon may have given this thing a peek before sending it to me.

Btw @SrC you were right, I’ve been using the search function and your posts are constantly coming up. The limitless is in another universe compared to the vendetta lol.

Just to be clear, the car 100% was NOT ran. All three zip ties were intact, just the rear two were not attached to the cardboard. Not to mention there is no servo, esc, motor, receiver lol

There was really no debating ..you made the right choice to keep like some of us suggested..but this thread kept on going lol .🤷

You miss my point. Obviously it wasn't run before. It is a Roller at that . Not questioning that.
@DavefromCA , I want you to enjoy your Limitless. All that matters in the end. I am sure you are all good. This is only your call to make. No one else's.(y)(y):)

As this tread evolved, it wasn't so much about you and your question, it was more about how we choose to buy products in general. What is acceptable new condition or not.
The V2 Lim is an awesome nice looking Model. Show us your paint work and chosen electrics. Do a build thread.
If not sure of a Radio yet, I highly suggest a Radiolink RC6GS. Best range available and for the price. You need some long signal range to speed run this. How I run mine.

If it were a no brainer why did he bring it up to begin with? It must have bothered him enough to post about it. 🤷‍♂️

You miss my point. Obviously it wasn't run before. It is a Roller at that . Not questioning that.
@DavefromCA , I want you to enjoy your Limitless. All that matters in the end. I am sure you are all good. This is only your call to make. No one else's.(y)(y):)

As this tread evolved, it wasn't so much about you and your question, it was more about how we choose to buy products in general. What is acceptable new condition or not.
The V2 Lim is an awesome nice looking Model. Show us your paint work and chosen electrics. Do a build thread.
If not sure of a Radio yet, I highly suggest a Radiolink RC6GS. Best range available and for the price. You need some long signal range to speed run this. How I run mine.

Thanks brotha! And because of your previous postings on this forum, I already have the Radiolink here.

Well if the cars new and you're trying to return it in hopes they say keep it. I'd say that's fraudulent. But if you really are wanting to return a damaged item and they say keep it. i wouldnt think that's unethical. Jeff Bezos is worth 175 Billion, His company can afford to cut losses to keep customers happy. And not to have to deal with the return processing time and labor.
Nothing wrong with asking for a price reduction or some form of credit. He got an opened box. Nothing fraudulent about that. But I have had defective and opened goods, missing parts before from the likes of AMZ and they told me to toss it or "donate" it, Quoting AMZ. And I was offered a 100% refund. It was their suggestion. It costs less $$ for Bezos this way. He ain't stupid. He has a huge Loss "Write off" with his business. That alone offsets his operational Business Taxes.
I say he is more the fraud if you ask me. He is laughing all the way to the bank.;)

Last edited:
Is there going to be a page 5? I would at the least contacted Amazon.

Weird how so many here are so "glad he kept it". And they were so right?
Glad about what? Right about what? Like there is one "correct" answer.
@DavefromCA is a grown man. His call. Whether he asked for a replacement or not, is his business. For him to say what is right. What I would do or anyone would do is meaningless.
:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We haven't reached page 5 yet.
Keep it going.:ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back