What concerts have you been to ?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Typhon 6s
  3. Typhon Mega
Having 3 boys and listening to them as they grow up ya hear alot of things !
One thing I don’t hear of is
MUSIC !
How the actual fug an these young people not look forward to the next album coming out
Or the next concert ????
You hear your kids talk about a new song lately???
Me either
There is something wrong with the fact our children are growing up with no music
Anyhoo
Rent over

I’ve been to a chit pile of concerts
My first was
Pantera
(cowboys from hell) tour
I’m Springfield MO
I’ll keep list goin as I remember
Bands I’ve seen
And can think of at the moment
Pantera
Korn
Megadeath
AC/DC
KISS
Mudvayne
Scorpions
Lover boy
Ozzy
Black Sabbath
Sulpultura
Bob Dylan ( lame as stuff “
Pearl Jam
Coal chamber
Ramstein
Metallica
Fear factory
Slayer
Most of these I’ve seen several times
There’s more just can’t remember rite now .
Hell I’ve even been to a couple of operas at the Fox Theater in STL
LOL
no chit

What concerts have you been to ?

STS9 Saturday night in Asheville NC. I've seen them upwards of 100 times over the past 20 years. I'm a huge music fan/snob. I'm into a lot of different stuff, jam grass, jam bands, electronic, hip hop, metal, reggae, dj/producer beats. Tried posting some stuff on WAYLT thread but it's a rc forum and no one cares lmfao :ROFLMAO:
IMG_5526.jpeg

Hell
I forgot Van Halen …
Seen them several times
They put on a good show !!!
One of the more memorable
I seen was at the Blue note in Columbia Mo
Basically 2 story bar
With a. Theater style spot for bands to play
Maybe
1000 to 1500 people total
If memory serves
Supliltura opened
Then Fesr factory
Then it got really interesting
Band I never heard of at the time
Coal Chamber
Came out on stage …
Some chick with a key board sat on the floor of the stage
All the lights turn out
Keep in mind we are there to see “Countdown to extinction, Megaladeth
and HOLY CHIT !!!!
Played this
They played their entire album BEFORE Megaladeth who frikin ROCKS went on stage ….
It was every man for themselves
It was elbow to elbow
You couldn’t move like run away or anything lil
It rocked
I had a migraine for like for days after !!!!
Gold stuff !!!!
Lol

Soon as I heard Metallica was going on a world tour I had to see if they were coming to Seattle. August 30th, 2024 baby😎🎸
It'll be my first concert since I was 14 when COVID started and my parents aren't exactly party hardy🤣🤣 hopefully they'll let me go, I'll be 18 by then but ya never know.

As for albums, apparently G'n'R is coming out with a new one? Supposedly drawing inspiration from the appetite album🤤🤤🤤 cannot freaking wait

That new Metallica album is the s*** as well

The three best shows I've been to were Ozzy (25 years ago), Wall of Voodoo, and the Dead Kennedy's. I've also seen Black Flag. That was a freak show that made Slayer seem tame, you had to be there to appreciate it.

Haven't been to any in the last couple years. Just can't drink like that any more and deal with the ear ringing the next day. I'm getting old. Lol.

First concert was ACDC Hells Bells tour with Blackfoot. Think it was 1980 or 81? Been to so many since then it's hard to count. I'll try. In no particular order.

REO Speedwagon. Numerous times.
ZZ Top. Numerous times.
White Snake
April Wine
Rick Springfield
Talking Heads
Tom Petty
Huey Lewis & The News
George Thorogood, Numerous times.
Stevie Ray Vaughan. About a month before his death
Lot of hair bands, Lol
Local bands. Or cover bands.

Tons of them back in the day. And affordable. Now the prices are insane. These days I hit things like Riverfest or Rockfest. Multiple bands over a 3 or 4 day weekend. Party like I'm 18, meet new people and hear new music. Will always be a rock and roll fan. Some of the new stuff is fantastic. I've posted some in other threads.

Foo Fighters x3 (and again this November)
AC/DC x3
Metallica
Pearl Jam
Queen (with Adam Lambert)
Robbie Williams x2
Bruno Mars
Dua Lipa
Big day out x2 (Korn, Marilyn Mansen, Fatboy slim, Grinspoon, Red Hot Chilli peppers. +++ to name a few)

Sure I'm missed some.

I passed up an opportunity to see The Rolling Stones years ago. Big regret.

Last edited:
Ya
I missed a lot of bands in first post
A lot of bands I can’t even remember.
Lol
I use to have like almost every concert ticket stub , sure they got destroyed in the
BS but so have some of the concert t shirts and a few memories.
How is it that the youth these days have no new music ?
Least none I know of ?
The three best shows I've been to were Ozzy (25 years ago), Wall of Voodoo, and the Dead Kennedy's. I've also seen Black Flag. That was a freak show that made Slayer seem tame, you had to be there to appreciate it.
I actually understand…
Some concerts were just DIFFERENT
Black Flag sounds familiar…..
I seen a lot of bands at POPS in STL I can’t remember half of them some big done small .

Last edited:
Only been to a handful, mostly in the 90s.

Saw Pink Floyd during their last concert tour at RFK stadium in DC.

Been to a bunch of Reggae festivals at a local Wine Vineyard here in MD (they held them annually) and also the Brew Fest Reggae concerts at the Baltimore zoo.

Saw Tribe Called Quest (DE LA Soul was supposed to be there be canceled at last minute) at University of MD.

Went to one of the Rock the Bells concert at The Merriweather Pavilion in MD (pic below).

20230913_122258.jpg

Wow man, you just rattled some brain cells that probably never would have seen the light of day ever again…
I saw Wall of Voodoo in Dallas in like…1983? Them and ShaNaNa.
I saw Plasmatics in a small bar called the Blue Moon on the Haight sometime in the mid 80’s. Wendy O’Williams both scared the living f*ck out of me and left me in awe in a way I’d never been before.
I missed Dead Kennedy’s, also on the Haight, because we couldn’t get through the door. Rockin’Robbins? Can’t remember… We stood outside (me and a gay chick named Barbara) and got seriously messed up. There was another great bar there at the time, I can’t remember the name. Something like “steel rail” or ”iron line”… wait, I got it!! The I-Beam!!!! They had some great acts there, too. Good times, baby.
Wow. Anybody else out there party on the Haight in the ‘80’s?
Glad I made it back, man…

OK, my braincells are done cooking. When I finished my list I was shocked how much is on here, the worst part is I know I have forgotten some. in the 80's and 90's I went to tons of shows.

The Kinks, Cheap Trick, Ted Nugent, Van Halen, Metallica, Judas Priest, Iron Maiden, Kiss, ZZ Top, Sammy Hagar, Black Sabbath, The Offspring, Korn, Primus, Anthrax, Public Enemy, Ozzy, Souixie & The Banshees, Social Distortion, The Screaming Trees, Fugazi, Nine Inch Nails, Body Count, Butthole Surfers, Henry Rollins Band, Pantera, Blackfoot, Nazareth, Bang Tango, Accept, Queensryche, White Snake, The Scorpions, Ice Tea, Aerosmith, Krokus, Skid Row, Def Leppard, Poison, White Zombie, Robb Zombie, Ratt, Dokken, Motley Crue, UFO, Great White, Corrosion of Conformity, Tesla, Warrant, Frehley's Comet, Faster Pussycat, Vandenburg, Fastway, Black 'N Blue, Golden Earring, Sound Garden, Jane's Addiction, Living Colour, Danzig, Public Image limited, Rick Springfield, Loverboy, Heart, John Cougar Mellencamp, Bon jovi,
The Fixx, INXS, Tom Petty and the Heartbreakers, Joan Jett, Men at Work, Alice Cooper, Night Ranger, Quiet Riot, John Fogerty, Twisted Sister, Skid Row.....and I know there are some I forgot.

I'm glad I got to see all these bands before ticket prices got ridiculous, You used to be able to see 3 bands for under $10.00 Dang I'm old. :ROFLMAO:

I went to local hard-core shows as a teen.
Sadly since then I have only been to B.B King and the black crows. BB king was great. I'm not a hardcore blues guy but very much enjoyed thst show, plus he was old and had to take breaks. He would basically go into a stand up comedy act while he let his hands rest. Two for on show lol. The opening act was great too but I didn't recognize their name.

I lived in the San Francisco bay area in the 80s, we used to go see shows every Friday whether we knew who they were or not. I'd have to win the loto to do that today.

Seeing every band that passed through town turned me on to a lot of music I probably wouldn't normally listen to. BB King, Buddy Guy, Zappa.

Back