Would you return this? New Limitless appears to have been partially opened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DavefromCA

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Typhon 3s
  3. Vendetta
I would like some opinions on this. I just received a new Limitless from Horizons Amazon store. The outter and inner box was definitely opened and then retaped. The protective plastic was already peeled off and set aside. The front was zip tied down, but the rear zip ties were removed from the cardboard. The plastic covering the clear body has been rubbed off in some spots. The car shows no obvious signs of damage, but I am concerned the car was obviously bouncing around the inside of the box during shipping. Would you accept or get another?
IMG_0949.jpeg

IMG_0953.jpeg

IMG_0951.jpeg

IMG_0952.jpeg

I use Amazon all the time because I have no local hobby store. I would continue to unwrap the thing, look it over, then make your decision. Amazon will take it back within 30 days, no matter what you do to it. I would be inclined to keep it as long as it looked perfect after I finished taking the protective plastic off. Perfect packaging doesn't guarantee you a better car. If it looks truly used or worn in any way.... I would return.

I use Amazon all the time because I have no local hobby store. I would continue to unwrap the thing, look it over, then make your decision. Amazon will take it back within 30 days, no matter what you do to it. I would be inclined to keep it as long as it looked perfect after I finished taking the protective plastic off. Perfect packaging doesn't guarantee you a better car. If it looks truly used or worn in any way.... I would return.
This +1

I would check it out in depth and make sure everything looks good. If so, keep it! Those zip ties can break in rough transit.

What was said .

Hate when dishonest customer i.e. return as new and muck up the packaging return thereby causing damage. That is what must have happened.
Look it over and if no damage I'd keep it. Your call to make if there is damage.

Meh…. I’d return it despite it not being ran. Maybe the guy took the rear diff or something of that nature.

If you decide to keep it, call Amazon and file complaint. There is a very good chance that they’ll give you a small credit.

Oh absolutely contact amazon support they've been doing returnless refunds on some of these
I have had Amazon give me plenty of small items and clothing when I have went to return them.... but that is just silly. If you can find one example online of someone who has been allowed to keep a multi-hundred dollar RC car for free, I will send you a $5 bill.

I would like some opinions on this. I just received a new Limitless from Horizons Amazon store. The outter and inner box was definitely opened and then retaped. The protective plastic was already peeled off and set aside. The front was zip tied down, but the rear zip ties were removed from the cardboard. The plastic covering the clear body has been rubbed off in some spots. The car shows no obvious signs of damage, but I am concerned the car was obviously bouncing around the inside of the box during shipping. Would you accept or get another?View attachment 343348

View attachment 343349

View attachment 343350

View attachment 343351
Keep it. You’re going to replace/upgrade 3/4 of it anyway when you build it. At least that’s where I always seem to go…🙄

Alright, thanks everyone. I went ahead and took out the car and inspected it. It seems 100%, nothing broken, and rolls along the floor just fine. I’m going to go ahead start my build this weekend. Appreciate this community as always.
From the pics ,looks fine .I'd be more concerned if it was used . obviously you can tell if it was by checking the tires and inspecting the rest of the rig .as for the protective plastic ,that's strange and for the zip ties .that could have been removed by the Carrier..lately the last 3 rigs I bought ,the boxes were all open and retaped. All three rigs were shipped by different carriers.i called each one and asked why security tape was removed and why boxes were open .They all said the same thing ,they open to make sure drugs and other illegal things are not in the box..many places don't have a high tech security check scanners so opening the package is a must ..🤷 how true is this I really don't know..as for your rig jumping around in the box ,well it's a Rc car and you did buy a limitless and most likely you'll use it at high speed so I wouldn't worry about it hopping around in a card board box when most likely you'll at least crash this thing once.as long as nothing is broken or damaged I'd keep it and be excited .go blast that thing😁👍 good luck bud

Me, I would send that crap back in a heartbeat. With a free return mailing label. For another one in a Sealed box. Of course it was returned by someone else. Who knows if the diffs were swapped out or whatever reason it was returned. I don't care even if HH themselves opened it up for whatever reason. This Direct from HH no less?????
Or ask for a 50% discount off.
Stuff costs too much to accept an "Open Box" one. I expect that crap from a LHS or Amazon. Not from HH. Insist on a "factory sealed" box.
That's how I fly.
:mad:

Last edited:
Me, I would send that crap back in a heartbeat. With a free return mailing label. For another one in a Sealed box. Of course it was returned by someone else. Who knows if the diffs were swapped out or whatever reason it was returned This Direct from HH no less?????
Or ask for a 50% discount off.
Stuff costs too much to accept an "Open Box" one. I expect that crap from a LHS or Amazon. Not from HH.
That's how I fly.
:mad:
Doesn't mean it came from the manufacturer that way.im telling you from experience three times,post offices open boxes up for security purposes.
Basically what it comes down to is , that's a nice car there😁👍 so I say keep it and if you want you can try to get some money back from the manufacturer.take photos and show them but I'm sure they will just ask for you to proove it.so for now ,you just got a beautiful car and go charge them lipos up and let that bi+ch rip😁👍have fun and be happy that's all my brotha🏁🏁

Last edited:
I have had Amazon give me plenty of small items and clothing when I have went to return them.... but that is just silly. If you can find one example online of someone who has been allowed to keep a multi-hundred dollar RC car for free, I will send you a $5 bill.

Not an rc car but my refrigerator that cost $850 was definitely refunded by Amazon for the light not working.
What happend was I bought one... never got cold. So they picked that 1 up and brought me a 2nd. The light didn't work. New bulb didn't fix it.. I called/emailed again and they refunded the money and said they'd pick it up.. they never did. So I dug in and fixed the wire myself and got a fridge for free...

Amazon does some dumb crap sometimes in my opinion..

That limitless though... I wouldn't accept that at all. You paid for a new one and to me it looks like a return. Somebody bought then had buyers remorse and sent back. God only knows if anything was messed with. If I wanted to take a chance with my money I'd buy a used one from ebay..

I stopped buying from Amazon recently because like 75% the items I received aren't new or not what I ordered. I legitimately hate Amazon.

Sorry for being firm about that.
I got many NIB Arrmas before. If I shopped or wanted a scratch and dent Open box Limitless Roller, then I wouldn't care.
Better always be Official Arrma factory seals on mine. For me to break open. And shipped within the Factory brown box from HH. The USPS never opens these up. If they do , it is tagged as opened and better be for a good dam reason, then usually sent back to the shipping party. US customs is a different story. But then again, these Arrmas are shipped on pallets by the hundreds, direct to HH in bulk on the slow boat. Untouched.

Last edited:
Sorry for being firm about that.
I got many NIB Arrmas before. If I shopped or wanted a scratch and dent Open box Limitless Roller, then I wouldn't care.
Better always be Official Arrma factory seals on mine. For me to break open. And shipped within the Factory brown box from HH. The USPS never opens these up. If they do , it is tagged as opened and better be for a good dam reason, then usually sent back to the shipping party. US customs is a different story. But then again, these Arrmas are shipped on pallets by the hundreds, direct to HH in bulk on the slow boat. Untouched.

I agree 100% 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back