Would you return this? New Limitless appears to have been partially opened

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
+1
The seals were already cut. (n)
And those Factory wire ties absolutely need strong dykes to snip them. That was no accident.
I had one show with with the wire tie broken and the RC looked like it had just hit a cardboard box bash session. The tie was cracked, looked like it was very tight.

Just kept it though. I have had some pristine box models that were so bad I would have gladly traded it for a better built one with a damaged/open box.

Just my 2 cents. Check it over, if its nice and you like it, keep it.

Last edited:
Seems like everyone is more worried than the customer it self.He probably already took this limitless out for a run and everything is fine🤷 .
Is it a basher or a piece of art?
Exactly
Enough is enough already geez..thread closed

It's a Limitless roller. Not a basher in the real sense. It better be pristine to me as a Speed Runner. New at $430. retail, to me means never was opened.
My first early released V1 Lim was a complete nightmare right out the sealed box. Worst example of Arrma QC from the factory. Forgive me for having PTSD. The 3 other Lims I purchased were fine.
@DavefromCA asked for opinions. He hasn't responded much in regards.
I am sure he's got the drift by now.
Whatever works for him.
I wouldn't need to ask for advice on this myself. I'd get another sealed box replacement. Not a second thought.
Sorry but those Wire ties will simply not break by themselves. Need strong dykes to snip them open. And the Arrma factory Printed seals don't cut open by themselves either.
I'm sure many don't care. Sure these are just toys.
But would you accept a Flat panel TV costing $430.+ at retail price, that was already opened???? Doubt that very highly. :cool:

Last edited:
hi there, my comments are buried but I did say I’m just going to keep it. It looks like dude open the box, cut one of the three zip ties, and his wife caught him and he sent it back. On close inspection the car is unmolested. And as others have said, after a few runs it’ll get pretty roughed up anyway. Thanks for you reply, and I totally get where you are coming from.
And to add, I just had to deal with Horizon customer service as my granite had a bad ESC and they were great so I’m not too worried, customer satisfaction seems to be a priority for them

And after all that, we weren't worried a bit. :ROFLMAO: . I always said you should keep it. :ROFLMAO: . Guess I was right all along. :ROFLMAO:

Last edited:
hi there, my comments are buried but I did say I’m just going to keep it. It looks like dude open the box, cut one of the three zip ties, and his wife caught him and he sent it back. On close inspection the car is unmolested. And as others have said, after a few runs it’ll get pretty roughed up anyway. Thanks for you reply, and I totally get where you are coming from.
And to add, I just had to deal with Horizon customer service as my granite had a bad ESC and they were great so I’m not too worried, customer satisfaction seems to be a priority for them
Glad your going to keep it as suggested.you will have alot of fun and I wish you best of luck .any ideas on what color you'll paint the cover? And what electronics will you be adding in? And do you plan to send this at full throttle or just some Street bashing?

I have had Amazon give me plenty of small items and clothing when I have went to return them.... but that is just silly. If you can find one example online of someone who has been allowed to keep a multi-hundred dollar RC car for free, I will send you a $5 bill.
My buddy got to keep a Kraton 6s exb roller just this last summer. There were shipping issues and he contacted Amazon directly. They told him not to return. Like you, he and I both figured it was too good to be true. Nope he got a free exb roller....needless to say jealousy overtook me.

He ordered a Noto RTR and they sent the EXB K6 and that even got lost in transit at one point. They then sent his Noto out to him and then the K6 EXB showed up as well. It was a logistical nightmare and I'm sure the rep didn't want to deal with all of it.

Maybe you would be inclined to buy ocean state property in Arizona? :ROFLMAO: . Hey can I sell you a nice car? Only drove it to church and back.:ROFLMAO:. Why in the world of God above, should he pay big $$, on a rig you don't know about? It's been opened, not by the buyer, but the seller. That is ludicrous. I never buy 2nd hand. But he will. !st hand $, for a 2nd hand rig. Un sat.:cool:
Don't forget. If you opened it, already being opened, will you trust it to be 100 % ?🤷‍♂️. Like I said before. You should have this look on your face,😁
I’m just lazy and busy. Why go through the hassle of a return if the car is fine? You do you but it’s just not worth the time IMO.

My buddy got to keep a Kraton 6s exb roller just this last summer. There were shipping issues and he contacted Amazon directly. They told him not to return. Like you, he and I both figured it was too good to be true. Nope he got a free exb roller....needless to say jealousy overtook me.
Amazon is more worried about loosing a customer than a 400 dollar Rc .To us hobbiest many don't refer these as toys but to Amazon they are toys .Amazon is covered through their insurance company's .

I’m just lazy and busy. Why go through the hassle of a return if the car is fine? You do you but it’s just not worth the time IMO.
Yes this is how I felt when I first saw the thing. It came in a giant box that I’d have to repack, I’d have to reach out to customer service, the ups store is not near me and is closed on weekends, I didn’t want a giant box sitting outside while I am not here, I have two young annoying ass kids lol…if the thing was damaged, or the tires had dirt on them it 100% would go back but taking the advice from this forum I removed the car and inspected it and it was fine

Last edited:
looks like someone bought it, ran it once- it crashed, and they decided maybe this wasnt the right gift for a 6 year old so they returned it. I don't doubt it works just fine but amazon should have sold this to you at discounted price as they often do "Available used-good condition" or however they phrase that. If its new you want and you paid for new. I would return it saying product is damaged. (Which by the way amazon will occasionally tell you to keep it and they'll send replacement)

Yes this is how I felt when I first saw the thing. It came in a giant box that I’d have to repack, I’d have to reach out to customer service, the ups store is not near me and is closed on weekends, I didn’t want a giant box sitting outside while I am not here, I have two young annoying ass kids lol…if the thing was damaged, or the tires had dirt on them it 100% would go back.
Exactly.tires are a dead giveaway.unless someone swapped the rims or tires for new ones which doesn't make sense to me .I'm sure it's been done before that's just too much work lol .

Exactly.tires are a dead giveaway.unless someone swapped the rims or tires for new ones which doesn't make sense to me .I'm sure it's been done before that's just too much work lol .
Some people have more time than money. A friend at a rental car company told me he had a car come back with 4 bald tires because someone mounted their old ones on the rims.

looks like someone bought it, ran it once- it crashed, and they decided maybe this wasnt the right gift for a 6 year old so they returned it. I don't doubt it works just fine but amazon should have sold this to you at discounted price as they often do "Available used-good condition" or however they phrase that. If it’s new you want and you paid for new. I would return it saying product is damaged. (Which by the way amazon will occasionally tell you to keep it and they'll send replacement)
I bet they do not inspect returns on most items, if they did they’d have to raise their prices to cover that cost.

Yes this is how I felt when I first saw the thing. It came in a giant box that I’d have to repack, I’d have to reach out to customer service, the ups store is not near me and is closed on weekends, I didn’t want a giant box sitting outside while I am not here, I have two young annoying ass kids lol…if the thing was damaged, or the tires had dirt on them it 100% would go back.
Well said man. It’s just not worth it because you already inspected it and the car is new. You’d go through the return hassle and end up with the same damn thing - a brand new limitless.

P.S. I’m surprised by the number of people here suggesting a return to see if Amazon lets you keep the car for free. That doesn’t seem right to me.

Well said man. It’s just not worth it because you already inspected it and the car is new. You’d go through the return hassle and end up with the same damn thing - a brand new limitless.

P.S. I’m surprised by the number of people here suggesting a return to see if Amazon lets you keep the car for free. That doesn’t seem right to me.
Yes I certainly would not want to get it for
Free like that

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back