Xmaxx gearing, again...........

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Robbbbbb66

I’m faster then you🥇
Premium Member
Hospitality Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Mojave EXB
  6. Outcast 4s
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Talion
  9. Typhon 3s
Okay, I ordered 20/50 mod1 gearing for my Xmaxx with a Hobbywing 1100kv and it doesn't fit (Duh, M2C says it on their website.), and was wondering what was the best gearing combo you guys have found for an xmaxx on MAX6 a 1100kv and M2C motor mount.

I have a bowhouse spur shaft and would like to try to reuse some of the gears I have already purchased.

I will be using Backfilp 8s or Duratrax hatchets.

Okay, I ordered 20/50 mod1 gearing for my Xmaxx with a Hobbywing 1100kv and it doesn't fit (Duh, M2C says it on their website.), and was wondering what was the best gearing combo you guys have found for an xmaxx on MAX6 a 1100kv and M2C motor mount.

I have a bowhouse spur shaft and would like to try to reuse some of the gears I have already purchased.

I will be using Backfilp 8s or Duratrax hatchets.
Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that Bowhouse shaft is garbage... didn't last 3 packs in my truck and it was bent... I put the cush drive back in and I'm running SAGA 30t pinion with HR 54t spur with a TP5840s 1150kv motor, very similar to HW 1100kv. The cush drive and mod 1 gears got a bad name from the Xmaxx chassis flexing too much causing gear mesh and alignment problems... the M2C chassis brace takes care of that and you can keep using mod 1 gears and even the cush drive... I got rid of the center diff and put in a HR spool and chose to keep the cush drive to take the load from the drivetrain

34/50 is what the wifey runs in her xrt with the max 5 1100kv combo. Tbh I was thinking of gearing it up a little more lol. We also use 3 of the bow house shafts and haven't noticed any problems. If they're bent I sure can't tell as it's running fine.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but that Bowhouse shaft is garbage... didn't last 3 packs in my truck and it was bent... I put the cush drive back in and I'm running SAGA 30t pinion with HR 54t spur with a TP5840s 1150kv motor, very similar to HW 1100kv. The cush drive and mod 1 gears got a bad name from the Xmaxx chassis flexing too much causing gear mesh and alignment problems... the M2C chassis brace takes care of that and you can keep using mod 1 gears and even the cush drive... I got rid of the center diff and put in a HR spool and chose to keep the cush drive to take the load from the drivetrain
Good to know, I'll use it till it breaks.

I'll get a 30t pinion and try it with the cush drive soon
34/50 is what the wifey runs in her xrt with the max 5 1100kv combo. Tbh I was thinking of gearing it up a little more lol. We also use 3 of the bow house shafts and haven't noticed any problems. If they're bent I sure can't tell as it's running fine.
Are the xmaxx and XRT diff gearing the same?

Good to know, I'll use it till it breaks.

I'll get a 30t pinion and try it with the cush drive soon

Are the xmaxx and XRT diff gearing the same?
Yessir

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back