New Traxxas Xmaxx Ultimate

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Fireteam
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Mojave
  7. Senton 3s
  8. Typhon 3s
Let me preface this by saying this is in no shape or form a Traxxas hate/bash thread. I don't own one, but I do like the Xmaxx. However, they just released the Xmaxx Ultimate and that bugger has a price tag of $1,499.00! šŸ˜µ Holy Cow. I think that may be the most expensive basher I've seen since I've been in this hobby. It makes the new K8 & O8 V2 seem like bargains. And to make things even more interesting, Greg broke it on the first run

I'm not one to shy away from spending money on RC, but $1500?!? That's pretty nuts.
I noticed they didn't list a price, just that you can only get it locally. Thanks for letting us know!
That's some serious dough to drop on a RC! If you look in the description of the video he puts the price.

Let me preface this by saying this is in no shape or form a Traxxas hate/bash thread. I don't own one, but I do like the Xmaxx. However, they just released the Xmaxx Ultimate and that bugger has a price tag of $1,499.00! šŸ˜µ Holy Cow. I think that may be the most expensive basher I've seen since I've been in this hobby. It makes the new K8 & O8 V2 seem like bargains. And to make things even more interesting, Greg broke it on the first run

Losi 5ive-T is $1,599. The Primal RC Raminator $3,399.
I hope they go bankrupt
That's like hoping Apple goes bankrupt, it's just not going to happen anytime soon.

It looks too big for the girth of the parts. Intentional! Hell yeah!
I'll pass.

Felt like the metal geared servo should have been included stock. Are the metal hubs needed for the X-Maxx? Always thought the plastic hubs were very strong.

Without even looking at the truck I already know what it is, wide maxx, new stickers and some lame anodized aluminum bits..for $500 more.
The Xmaxx is a legend, deserves that status I believe. I have thoroughly enjoyed mine for 2 years and still am. This is a cash grab no doubt.
The Xmaxx doesn't need a wide kit, nor aluminum bits. Seems like they're destined to just price themselves right out of the game.

Anyone else notice the lack of air rotation? He couldn't even keep the nose up with full throttle.

I'm a big fan of the xmaxx. But I'm a little surprised they release a $1,500 truck that can't do a single backflip box stock.

wide maxx
Nope. Stock width.

Sorry, just grazed the video quick. No wide maxx, I'm surprised. Cool, not cool enough for $1500. What else they got?
Anyone else notice the lack of air rotation? He couldn't even keep the nose up with full throttle.

I'm a big fan of the xmaxx. But I'm a little surprised they release a $1,500 truck that can't do a single backflip box stock.

Nope. Stock width.
Yeah, was quite comical when he tried to back flip it down the hill there..šŸ¤·ā€ā™‚ļø

Last edited:

Nope. Stock width.
It could just be me, but it looked noticeably slow as well. Doesn't seem to have the same oomph as the new K8/O8. Which could also contribute to its lackluster performance in the air, that and those belted tires.

My thought is to just buy all the upgrades of your choice like proline tires after saving 500$ on the stock XMaxx.

Yep, Iā€™m going to say it. Crapsucks makes some good looking trucks!

If only the name was different with different people working there.

I bet for all that aluminum they put on this rig it would cost 5-600 bucks if you were to piece it on.

No thanks. The upgrades arenā€™t even 7075..

I will take my regular Xmaxx and upgrade for cheaper/better.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back